2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

6 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

D8_yFXCVAAM8aT5.jpg

You have $20, make your roster. 

Tracey-Newhook-Podkolzin

Byram-Vlasic

Wolf

For the record this hurt me to do as a Boldy and Seider die hard, but this made the better lineup.

Edited by shayster007

1 hour ago, nergish said:

While I agree Petey and Boes could likely use more grit on their line (somebody to come out of puck battles unscathed and deliver them the puck), I think Boldy really is a possession player that can distribute to those guys without being a brute.

His passing is fantastic, great hands and vision... always making the smart play. You could try to argue he's the 'safe' choice out of the USNTDP guys, but I don't buy that.

He is every bit as skilled as Zegras, Turcotte, Caufield, just a little less flashy and more well-rounded.

But yeah, worst case scenario he slots on Horvat's wing. That is a major team need as well.

Imagine if we sign Panarin (!) for the big line and graduate Boldy to Horvat's wing for 2020-21.

I agree. Skill wise and yea worst case his Bo winger and I think teams don't win a cup without two pwfs in there top six or guys that will do anything to win like sharpe and Hossa and boldy kinda reminds me of Hossa...his a skill player not a pwf...in my books. So a boldy BO and jake line is an ideal line in my books. 

Thats also why I want Zegras....his a rat vibe lol I may not be a fan of the rat and loving watching him choke on tears but I think Zegras and Bo and Jake would be a even better line....

Edited by RowdyCanuck
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

This! His insanely high hockey IQ would also make him a great fit for Pettersson. These two extremely intelligent, hard working and highly skilled players on line together wouldn’t even be fair for the opposition. 

Outside of the top three, I truly believe that Boldy would be the best fit for our team. 

I agree Boldy would be a great fit as Canuck.

I feel this Stanley Cup Finals changed the draft picking order , IMO Big skilled guys moved up and small skilled guys will dropped. JB said “you need small skilled guys to make the playoffs but you need big bodies to win in later rounds in the playoffs” .

it’ll be interesting draft. 

21 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I agree Boldy would be a great fit as Canuck.

I feel this Stanley Cup Finals changed the draft picking order , IMO Big skilled guys moved up and small skilled guys will dropped. JB said “you need small skilled guys to make the playoffs but you need big bodies to win in later rounds in the playoffs” .

it’ll be interesting draft. 

Or be like the hawks and make the playoffs in the wild card and then go win a cup ha small or skilled guys win you presidents tropheys and Canucks have won enough of those ha they need guys that play with an edge...hawks had that figured out...they traded more power forwards then the Canucks have produced.....

Edited by RowdyCanuck

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Or be like the hawks and make the playoffs in the wild card and then go win a cup ha small or skilled guys win you presidents tropheys and Canucks have won enough of those ha they need guys that play with an edge...hawks had that figured out...they traded more power forwards then the Canucks have produced.....

Your right. I agree with you. A Small team can win the cup. but opinions change year to year by who won the Stanley Cup that season.

Blues won this season with big bodies. 

So now players with big bodies stock went up. I really see the big Dman jumping up more spots in this draft just from the influence of the Cup finals. 

Broberg stock climbed

USA Dman Vlasic stock climbed. He probably jumped up 10 spots in the draft just base on his size.

Im happy with not doing the trend I like Zegras , and Newhook has grown on me. I do like Boldy too but I think he’ll be gone by 10.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Your right. I agree with you. A Small team can win the cup. but opinions change year to year by who won the Stanley Cup that season.

Blues won this season with big bodies. 

So now players with big bodies stock went up. I really see the big Dman jumping up more spots in this draft just from the influence of the Cup finals. 

Broberg stock climbed

USA Dman Vlasic stock climbed. He probably jumped up 10 spots in the draft just base on his size.

Im happy with not doing the trend I like Zegras , and Newhook has grown on me. I do like Boldy too but I think he’ll be gone by 10.

If you look at the pasted cup winners like Hawks and kings both heavy teams and not just heavy but nasty.....Pens had balance and also the East is a different beast.....Domi actually looks like a center....small skill players do best in the east...just like st.louis. Drafted by the flames then went to the sharks and ended up with the Lighting and then he becomes great player....I'm not saying small skilled players can't play in west but they do best surrounded by big nasty players like Kane was with the Hawks 

I'm not saying go out and draft big guys just for the sake of drafting.....I want to see the Canucks puck players that are POS to play against like Kesler and Burrows....

thats why Zegras is higher on my list then Boldy....

Edited by RowdyCanuck
  • Upvote 1

Considering that Benning suggested he wants to add size in the later rounds and emphasized a lot on the Blues size on the blueline, at 40th overall I feel Kaeden Korczak and maybe Henry Thrun in the third round at pick 71 might be targets.

I think with too many dynamic offensive forwards available at number 10, they will take a forward and focus afterwards on big Dman and big wingers in the later rounds.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2