The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

Pod is a Right winger.  Hopefully he can adapt to playing the left side. Really thought we were going to draft a left winger. But Pod’s upside was too much to resist.  Canucks are going for defence in the later rounds. A lot of RHD already taken, I like Attard and Has in the later rounds. 

To be honest, we need help on both wings. I don't think we should be banking on Virtanen or Lind filling the 2nd top 6 RW role. Being left handed it should be no problem for Podkolzin to play either wing, but I'd like to see him stay on the right side.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

A LOT of good options in the 2nd round!

I agree. There also might be a small possibility we might that another Russian might be wearing a Canuck uniform in the 2nd round. Kolyachok, Kaliyev and Dorofeyev might be available when it gets to our pick(maybe not Kaliyev)

5 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

I agree. There also might be a small possibility we might that another Russian might be wearing a Canuck uniform in the 2nd round. Kolyachok, Kaliyev and Dorofeyev might be available when it gets to our pick(maybe not Kaliyev)

Absolutely, especially Dorofeyev. He thinks the game like Pettersson, could be a steal. Then there’s Kaliyev, people say he’s lazy and uninterested.  Well they said that about Mogilny and he was a star.   I th8nk though Canucks are going for a Defenceman, just a hunch.  

I'd like to see us stock up on Ds tomorrow.  Some options throughout the draft:

RD Korczak (2nd-3rd round)

LD Vlasic (2nd-3rd)

RD Jordan Spence (3rd)

LD Layton Ahac (3rd-5th)

RD Billy Constantinou (3rd-5th)

RD Lundmark (3rd-5th)

LD Brinkman (5th-7th)

LD Vukojevic (5th-7th)

RD Moberg (7th)

LW Keppen, C Beckman, C Murray, C Barlage could also be good adds in the mid to late rounds.

With the depth in the draft, wouldn't mind Canucks trading down 5-10 picks in the second and pick up an extra third or fourth.

Edited by GoldenAlien

4 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

I think Craig Button would disagree with you. 

2E6C9CD6-F12C-4527-9ADD-AE825BE58E05.jpeg

1. Don't care.

2. Know that Craig Button is viewed by many hockey fans as infailable when it comes to hockey.

Fact is that he can be wrong like any other hockey experts.

Just look at his latest mock:

He had Kaliyev at 19, Lavoie at 21.

Both were not even taken in the 1st round.

Oh, wait. He can't be wrong, because his name is Craig Button.

3. I doubt that Craig has thought about what he is messaging with this rating.

His message with the rating 5/5 is that Pod has elite hockey sense. That means for example that Pod thinks the game at the highest level, sees plays develop well ahead of other players.

Does Pod think and play the game like Zegras who's hockey IQ is off the charts. Does Pod think and play the game like Nathan Mc Kinnon?

Watch the videos available from Pod.

I can tell you: no way that Pod has elite hockey sense.

4. Read several scouting reports on Pod. None of these reports stating that his hockey sense is one of his strength.

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

1. Don't care.

2. Know that Craig Button is viewed by many hockey fans as infailable when it comes to hockey.

Fact is that he can be wrong like any other hockey experts.

Just look at his latest mock:

He had Kaliyev at 19, Lavoie at 21.

Both were not even taken in the 1st round.

Oh, wait. He can't be wrong, because his name is Craig Button.

3. I doubt that Craig has thought about what he is messaging with this rating.

His message with the rating 5/5 is that Pod has elite hockey sense. That means for example that Pod thinks the game at the highest level, sees plays develop well ahead of other players.

Does Pod think and play the game like Zegras who's hockey IQ is off the charts. Does Pod think and play the game like Nathan Mc Kinnon?

Watch the videos available from Pod.

I can tell you: no way that Pod has elite hockey sense.

4. Read several scouting reports on Pod. None of these reports stating that his hockey sense is one of his strength.

Craig Button bases his projections off how he perceives the player will do over their career. He doesn't guess where players go. He's pretty accurate at it too.

Pod has a different body type then Zegras and MacKinnon so its not comparable. Pod plays to his strengths which is his size as a large guy at 6'1" 196LBS at age 17.. Your reaching to try and prove your POV and its not working.

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 1

Possible draft steal from my country:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/338571/janis-jerome-moser

Next Roman Josi, this swiss kid. He still needs to grow into his body and that's why he is listed that low, but he has all you want of a playmaking d. I would take him with second pick in the second round, with the 71th.

He is listed somewhere about 200, but I expect him to go not later than the third round.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I've read several scouting reports on Podkolzin, and they don't state that his hockey IQ is a weakness, so.... *shrugs*

Nah. Not that I've looked into him extensively (I thought he'd be gone), but he plays a north/south style game because thats his strength. His IQ is high in the sense of puck retrieval and forechecking. He relies on safe passes to move the puck (similar to boeser). 

My style comparison (away from puck) would be that of Hansen. 

With the puck I see him like an evander kane with a little less shot.   

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Pod is a Right winger.  Hopefully he can adapt to playing the left side. Really thought we were going to draft a left winger. But Pod’s upside was too much to resist.  Canucks are going for defence in the later rounds. A lot of RHD already taken, I like Attard and Has in the later rounds. 

Yeah, he’s played the bulk of his games at right wing, but Pod can play on either wing. I’m pretty sure he played some LW during at least a couple of his international games. 

• Cheers 1