The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

15 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yeah, I know, probably a little low. I've only seen him in 2 games though. That was just my first impression. I would put Korczak right below him. Just my opinion though, that seems to change a lot this time of year lol

haha mine too.

Not a prediction of the order they will be taken but a prediction of who will have the most successful NHL careers.

Byram

Sieder when he comes over from Germany and starts getting proper coaching I expect to see him improve in leaps and bounds

Broberg has great tools

Soderstrom 

Heinola  might even rank him higher his ceiling is up there

Harley could go either way he's either gonna be a star or a coaches nightmare. high ceiling low floor I'm not sold yet

York

Korczak I see NHL journeyman in him I think he may not be the highest paid but might have a long career

Vlasic I think he is a more sure pick than the others he is going to be an NHL player how good of one is up to him. 

Bjornfot 

Thompson

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, hammertime said:

haha mine too.

Not a prediction of the order they will be taken but a prediction of who will have the most successful NHL careers.

Byram

Sieder when he comes over from Germany and starts getting proper coaching I expect to see him improve in leaps and bounds

Broberg has great tools

Soderstrom 

Heinola  might even rank him higher his ceiling is up there

Harley could go either way he's either gonna be a star or a coaches nightmare. high ceiling low floor I'm not sold yet

York

Korczak I see NHL journeyman in him I think he may not be the highest paid but might have a long career

Vlasic I think he is a more sure pick than the others he is going to be an NHL player how good of one is up to him. 

Bjornfot 

Thompson

Interesting list

I actually like Seider, and was looking at his rankings......they are all over the place.....I wonder what Benning and Co think of him?

I would say, I think York gets picked higher

Good list, it will be interesting to see!

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yeah, I know, probably a little low. I've only seen him in 2 games though. That was just my first impression. I would put Korczak right below him. Just my opinion though, that seems to change a lot this time of year lol

You seem to have so much to say. I’m wondering what exactly your expertise is? I am not an expert by any means. I have been watching the Canucks from day one however. Please share your hockey resume with us. Just so that we can take you seriously. Thanks

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

It's okay to be smaller, but the player has to be fast and tough as nails. This may be why Gaudreau was completely ineffective in the 1st round. Then there's other smaller players, who had grit and speed (Duchene, etc.) that has had some success in the playoffs.

I think Caufield may be in the Gaudreau category. Bobby Orr Brink is in the latter :)

I get where you are coming from but we can’t compare just on size.  My understanding is that Caufield is a dig in the corners type of guy and a scorer.  Similar in size to Gaudreau but a different player altogether.  Looking at the top scorers in the playoffs you see players of all sizes.

5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

The hours & the miles.

Button has a fair salary, and is TSN's ''head scout.''  They pay his wicket to commentate, attend and scout games all over the world, all year. Tournaments, Hlinka, CHL & USHL, even some league play and champions league in Europe. As well as training camps for national teams as young as 15 & 16, tours. He sees the top kids at an early age, then as they develop in junior, the USHL, all the tournaments, the SHL...

Many internet rating services are by guys who run stats, watch games on their computer/TV. Button may not see as many OHL games, as say, as the OHL scout for any one NHL team. But probably see's more games of the top players than any one top scout? More than any one commentator, say Bob MacKenzie...   

Thanks Surfer...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mad Jon said:

You seem to have so much to say. I’m wondering what exactly your expertise is? I am not an expert by any means. I have been watching the Canucks from day one however. Please share your hockey resume with us. Just so that we can take you seriously. Thanks

Atleast he's trying to provide some insight with what he's seen. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

He has been watching hockey since day one.

He is an expert, just like us

What's your point?

25 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

What's your point?

26 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

What's your point?

My point is that I peruse this board to gather information and I resent having to read his constant drivel. Nice of you to come to his support though. Very motherly.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 5

9 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I would probably rank the Ds:

1. (LD) Byram

2. (LD) York

3. (RD) Soderstrom

4. (LD) Broberg

5. (LD) Harley

6. (RD) Seider

7. (LD) Bjornfot

8. (RD) Thomson

9. (LD) M. Robertson

10. (LD) Heinola

Good list.  I think I swap Seider and Harley and Heinola and Robertson, but I think it's close.  There is something I really like about Broberg but I think he's ranked correctly.

On 4/25/2019 at 2:11 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Button has Caufield going to EDM. I can kind of see that. I'll be bummed at first, thoughts of McDavid and Caufield reeking havoc, and then I realized, this is EDM. They will probably rush the little guy into the lineup and with his small size, he'll struggle with the time and space. I'm not sure he could keep up to McDavid anyway. Maybe they put him with Draisaitl? With them having Yamamoto in the system already, drafting Caufield seems kind of redundant. Sounds like an Oilers pick.

I prefer to see Pettersson and Caufield wrecking havoc vs EDM 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Canucks need an extra 1st, plain and simple. There are too many good players to choose from, Canucks need a top 6 winger and high end D. My worry is that when October rolls around, we'll be seeing Sutter taking the faceoff with Granlund and Eriksson as his wingers, Tanev on D.  

What do you think about trading our 10th pick with Ottawa for their 19th and 32nd?

We could then try and draft Seider at 19 and Bjornfot at 32 

Then we would still have our 40th - Foote, Leason, Korczak 

4 hours ago, Mad Jon said:

Who the hell are you?  Hahah. Where is your resume.  

NUCKER has been on these boards for years talking hockey.  

He was just chatting about his opinion. 

Why the rude response?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mad Jon said:

My point is that I peruse this board to gather information and I resent having to read his constant drivel. Nice of you to come to his support though. Very motherly.

This is a hockey discussion board.  

Not some experts and insiders only secret chat that you stumbled upon.  

No one cares what you are here for.  

Do you care to join in the hockey fan chat?

• Upvote 1

Was just at another giants game.  

I’ve been to almost all the home playoff games so far this year.   

I always pay special attention to Byram.  

I used to think he was poor defensively, but I’m changing my tune.  

He actually plays a fairly solid all around game.   

He does get caught out of position a fair bit, but he has the wheels to make up for most his mistakes.  

I give his D game a C+ with probability to get it to a B-B+. 

But damn is that kid dynamic. 

He scored the sickest short handed goal tonight, and made plays all night.  

He is a total pleasure to watch.  

Its gonna suck watching him play for someone else though!

Anyway, Giants are off to the final after their win tonight!  

Sad thing is, the game wasn’t even sold out.    Fair amounts of empty seats.   Really disappointing.  

Do people from vancouver come to Langley for games?   It doesn’t seems like it. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I don't get it?

All there is here beside cut and paste is Opinion

Personally, I have a decent hockey back ground

and some of the best pieces of info

have come off of opinions and ideas...that I did not know

I like the back and forth......sometimes I learn something, and sometimes it cements my idea/opinions

As for your response to Nucker67

I am sure it did not bother him/her

But seriously, who ever they are said that they had seen him twice

which is 2 more times that I have seen him live

So, I appreciate their opinion......more so than someone that has not seen them live

In the end, it is only opinion.....I don't see the big deal???

You said you seen the Canucks from day one....then your old enough to know better

How is that for being motherly! LOL

There is a lot of solid opinions on here...……...It's a good place to come

Lots of good people......

You seem like a decent person Janis. I just get frustrated with people spouting their expertise when.........They really have very little knowledge in the whole scheme of things. Don’t worry, I have decided to give up.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Who the hell are you?  Hahah. Where is your resume.  

NUCKER has been on these boards for years talking hockey.  

He was just chatting about his opinion. 

Why the rude response?

It wasn’t rude. I asked A legitimate question.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Was just at another giants game.  

I’ve been to almost all the home playoff games so far this year.   

I always pay special attention to Byram.  

I used to think he was poor defensively, but I’m changing my tune.  

He actually plays a fairly solid all around game.   

He does get caught out of position a fair bit, but he has the wheels to make up for most his mistakes.  

I give his D game a C+ with probability to get it to a B-B+. 

But damn is that kid dynamic. 

He scored the sickest short handed goal tonight, and made plays all night.  

He is a total pleasure to watch.  

Its gonna suck watching him play for someone else though!

Anyway, Giants are off to the final after their win tonight!  

Sad thing is, the game wasn’t even sold out.    Fair amounts of empty seats.   Really disappointing.  

Do people from vancouver come to Langley for games?   It doesn’t seems like it. 

It’s a long journey. Ron made a mistake moving to Langley. Just like the Flames made a mistake moving to Abbotsford.

• Haha 1