The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

7 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

You seem like a decent person Janis. I just get frustrated with people spouting their expertise when.........They really have very little knowledge in the whole scheme of things. Don’t worry, I have decided to give up.

Thanks, but here is the rub...……….

Some of these young people here are crazy good with stats and analytics

Others, actually have memories (unlike me) and they know their $hit

But here is the big thing...….if you have been watching hockey for that many years

you can give those guys insight into the history......like big trades (Park and Ratell for Espo and Vadnais) type stuff

or Gretzky being traded the first time......those things happened, and they don't always believe it

Honestly, I came down a little hard, sorry, but it is by and large a big family...…..you are invited

Just take it easy on them...……...man you should read my trade proposals or my Tank threads....lol

They think I am somewhat crazy, but they debate, and by in large , it is friendly

Hell, I have even warmed up to Coastalview……..he has been on a roll lately...….with some great points

So, I also should follow my own advice sometimes...…….Hey, Peace and Love and all that $hit! 

Stick around and get some abuse, it is free! LOL...………..and sometimes lots of it! LOL

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

You seem like a decent person Janis. I just get frustrated with people spouting their expertise when.........They really have very little knowledge in the whole scheme of things. Don’t worry, I have decided to give up.

This is a fan forum. Sounds like you belong else where.

1 hour ago, kenhodgejr said:

What do you think about trading our 10th pick with Ottawa for their 19th and 32nd?

We could then try and draft Seider at 19 and Bjornfot at 32 

Then we would still have our 40th - Foote, Leason, Korczak 

That is an interesting idea Ken

I don't think Seider will be there at 19 though.....

If we could move back down to 14 or 15, maybe

But man, that could turn out so bad, if you are targeting him and someone grabs him

But I guess that means someone else if still there

2 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

What do you think about trading our 10th pick with Ottawa for their 19th and 32nd?

We could then try and draft Seider at 19 and Bjornfot at 32 

Then we would still have our 40th - Foote, Leason, Korczak 

It's an okay idea but honestly I don't think I'd want to pass up such a high quality prospect. If they have their guy who would be available at 19 then it would be different but honestly I think it'd be a mistake to pass the chance to get one of the top 12 guys.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

I feel this is the year we try for some size on the wings and hope Boldy falls on our laps. Not to sure about Podkolzin or Broberg even though they have that boom or bust feeling to them. I really like Caufield but the size does make it less attractive of a pick due to our lack of it already. Datch/Cozens/Boldy if any of them are there and if not I say we go for the RHS Dman in Söderström from Sweden. Being so tight this year from 4-12 it’s the year I feel we need to draft by position because short of a faller there is no consensus BPA.

50 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

I feel this is the year we try for some size on the wings and hope Boldy falls on our laps. Not to sure about Podkolzin or Broberg even though they have that boom or bust feeling to them. I really like Caufield but the size does make it less attractive of a pick due to our lack of it already. Datch/Cozens/Boldy if any of them are there and if not I say we go for the RHS Dman in Söderström from Sweden. Being so tight this year from 4-12 it’s the year I feel we need to draft by position because short of a faller there is no consensus BPA.

I don't feel there's a high calibre dman at #10, like there are fwds in this draft.  

1 hour ago, KyGuy123 said:

There is always a surprise pick or two in the top ten that shuffle things up. I will be thrilled if one of Dylan Cozens or Vasili Podkolzin falls to ten...never know maybe Bowen Byram falls, lol, big dreams I know but I didn't think there was any chance that Quinn Hughes would still be there at 7 last year. I am excited to see who Benning and Brackett pick this year, lots of talent in this draft...

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't feel there's a high calibre dman at #10, like there are fwds in this draft.  

Agreed.  But if Benning and Brackett feel different I’ll have to trust them.  In the NHL top 4 dmen are more valuable then top 6 forwards.  However young defenders development is way less predictable then young forwards.  So picking a dman in the top ten is risky unless his name is Bowen Byram.  

We we all know that we could use more prospects on defence.  But I also think of how many times we were shut out last season and Caufield, Turcotte, Boldy and Zegras look pretty good at #10.

8 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

That is an interesting idea Ken

I don't think Seider will be there at 19 though.....

If we could move back down to 14 or 15, maybe

But man, that could turn out so bad, if you are targeting him and someone grabs him

But I guess that means someone else if still there

I don't see them trading down to target the player they want in the first.  JB isnt afraid to go off board to grab a guy they believe in.  

If they do stay ar 10, it is to get a guy they want there.  

There will be some pressure on the hist city to want to make a splash too.  Trading down is tantamount to hari Kari with the fan base and media talking heads.  

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Mad Jon said:

My point is that I peruse this board to gather information and I resent having to read his constant drivel. Nice of you to come to his support though. Very motherly.

Dont be Mad John....

too soon?

Couldn't resist.  

We all have the equal ability to talk, be right or wrong and get rankled.  In many ways the CDC is very democratic.  

I am watching playoff hockey mostly hoping the team I dislike more looses... it was a toss up with the Leafs VS Bruins.  Still everyone knew that game seven, Boston wasnt losing to the Leafs.... hate both... so hard to resist wishing they could both lose game seven.  

Back to the draft.... we're bored and speculating a bit, so what, it's a fan board.  You don't have to read every post, ignore those that annoy you and move on.  

• Cheers 1

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:34 AM, RetroCanuck said:

your not wrong, but considering Benning often goes off the boards or the unexpected route with picks I think theres a high chance he likes a player ranked lower in most draft rankings. Like a Seider, Newhook or Soderstrom type

One word Kaliyev pure sniper just like Brock

48 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Byram is the 2nd best player in the draft after Jack, IMO.

Easily going to be stepping into the NHL next season.

I don't think Hughes is the best player in the draft, personally.

• Upvote 1