The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

1 hour ago, Phat Fingers said:

I don't see them trading down to target the player they want in the first.  JB isnt afraid to go off board to grab a guy they believe in.  

If they do stay ar 10, it is to get a guy they want there.  

There will be some pressure on the hist city to want to make a splash too.  Trading down is tantamount to hari Kari with the fan base and media talking heads.  

I actually agree with you Phat

I think there is just one big blob of players at 10

But of the defensemen...…...I could see one of Soderstrom, Broberg, York, Harley or Seider could be in there...……..

But the front runners are the forwards left on the table at 10...………..

Personally.....Krebs, Boldy and Zebras...……………….don't want Caufield, although you would have to be blind not to see why not....little $hit can score

Out of the Dmen...………...probably Seider and Soderstrom…..not big on Broberg…..bt again, he is a great skater....go figure? Because I can't!

But, who ever it is...…..it is a crap shoot...…………..personally, of all the drafts I can remember, this is the most confused lists of prospects I have ever seen, and someone is going to get real lucky and someone will be real disappointed...…...but I don't think we will be able to condemn the GM who is wrong...….we will, but we shouldn't

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

I woke up late and just missed the USA-RUS game. 

Has anyone been keeping tabs on Podkolzin throughout the tournament? How has he been and how was he against the US this game?

Mostly invisible I believe.  I think he'll be the big faller.  Hopefully falling past #10

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

That is an interesting idea Ken

I don't think Seider will be there at 19 though.....

If we could move back down to 14 or 15, maybe

But man, that could turn out so bad, if you are targeting him and someone grabs him

But I guess that means someone else if still there

Seider is one of these interesting prospects that probably doesn't get taken before 13-14th but could drop as far as end of 1st round. It really depends on what teams think of his offensive potential because that's what gets you drafted 1st half of 1st round vs latter half. Personally I think he has a lot of offensive potential and deserves to be drafted mid 1st half but if scouts aren't sold then it'll be latter half for him.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pete M said:

if Cozens is available at 10, then you take him.

I'm a fan of Cozens. Has size, speed, knows where to be, wins puck battles along the boards, good defensively. In interviews he seems like a good kid, mature, leadership qualities. He could probably play anywhere in the Top 6.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm a fan of Cozens. Has size, speed, knows where to be, wins puck battles along the boards, good defensively. In interviews he seems like a good kid, mature, leadership qualities. He could probably play anywhere in the Top 6.  

would be good if he is there for the picking...and JB doesn't pull a MT again.

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Ageeed.  If he is at 10 you take him and run.  I suspect he’ll go 4, right after Byram.

• Upvote 1

Really warmed up to Krebs in this tournament. Of course there may be better players but assuming that the top 9 go more or less as planned (i.e. Hughes, Kakko, Dach, Cozens, Byran, Pozkholin sp?, Zefras, Turcotte, Boldy...), and Krebs is still there I would love to see him as a Canuck.

He oozes leadership and other intangibles and even if his ceiling is a 60-70 point per year player he is well worth the pick.

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Really warmed up to Krebs in this tournament. Of course there may be better players but assuming that the top 9 go more or less as planned (i.e. Hughes, Kakko, Dach, Cozens, Byran, Pozkholin sp?, Zefras, Turcotte, Boldy...), and Krebs is still there I would love to see him as a Canuck.

He oozes leadership and other intangibles and even if his ceiling is a 60-70 point per year player he is well worth the pick.

Agree 1000%

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Krebs reminds me of Ryan O Reilly and Bo Horvat 

Edited by Canucks Curse

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

Not even close to the same player, as far as I can tell.  Caufield is a lot closer to Marty St Louis than Schroeder.

Yeah i know. He probably will be a great player. Or he might not. 

“As far as i can tell” is a pretty big statement for a small player. 

In the end i trust benning and brackett to make a good choice, if not the “best” choice at ten. 

Its just so much harder to predict if a small player will rise above the punishment. Hockey gnome hasnt done anything in the playoffs, and thats really the end game. 

Playoffs and stanley cup. Thats it. 

1 minute ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

In the end i trust benning and brackett to make a good choice, if not the “best” choice at ten. 

Its just so much harder to predict if a small player will rise above the punishment. Hockey gnome hasnt done anything in the playoffs, and thats really the end game. 

He'd be a high risk choice, no argument here.  But, he could also be an offensive superstar

3 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Do you have the same reservation about Quinn Hughes?