The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

3 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Yes and no. Quinn hasnt proved anything yet, but once again i trust benning and brackett. Quinn isnt 5’6? either. 

If they have the opportunity, and take caufield, then i trust their judgement. 

He's not much bigger and it's the dmen that get a much rougher ride in the playoffs than fwds.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

Podkolzin is gonna drop out of the top 10

I think so too. As much as people like to defend him for certain reasons you just can't make up enough excuses for his lack of production. If he was so offensively talented he would've shown it in production, either at the MHL, VHL or u18 level and I just don't see it. Yes he had a few good tournaments but that's about it. Combined with the always present 'russian' factor and I can see a scenario where he falls out of the top 10. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Yeah i know. He probably will be a great player. Or he might not. 

“As far as i can tell” is a pretty big statement for a small player. 

In the end i trust benning and brackett to make a good choice, if not the “best” choice at ten. 

Its just so much harder to predict if a small player will rise above the punishment. Hockey gnome hasnt done anything in the playoffs, and thats really the end game. 

Playoffs and stanley cup. Thats it. 

Taking a look at his scoring this season agains NCAA opponents he had 14 goals and 5 assists in 17 games which is good for 1.12 ppg. What's interesting is that he was held off the scoresheet for the first few games of the season before he picked it up later on as the season went on. I'm guessing there was a learning curve that Caufield had to take against bigger opponents. 

What I'm unsure about is if he was drafted by us and we got to the playoffs, would he be rubbed out by bigger competition once things got more physical and the interference starts happening at regular intervals.  As you can tell from my post I am completely lost on how to evaluate such a player. I think he will be really good regular season contributor and 'maybe' an effective playoff contributor?

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, TGokou said:

Taking a look at his scoring this season agains NCAA opponents he had 14 goals and 5 assists in 17 games which is good for 1.12 ppg. What's interesting is that he was held off the scoresheet for the first few games of the season before he picked it up later on as the season went on. I'm guessing there was a learning curve that Caufield had to take against bigger opponents. 

What I'm unsure about is if he was drafted by us and we got to the playoffs, would he be rubbed out by bigger competition once things got more physical and the interference starts happening at regular intervals.  As you can tell from my post I am completely lost on how to evaluate such a player. I think he will be really good regular season contributor and 'maybe' an effective playoff contributor?

Same reservations i have. 

In the end, once again, I trust jb and jb. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, TGokou said:

I’d really like to see just how feisty Caufield is.  Quinn Hughes had shown a very feisty side to his personality before we drafted him.  Caufield has yet to show that side.  I wonder if the league he plays in ,and how it’s structured, keeps us from seeing Caufield from playing when it’s tough out there.  He did score the only two USA goals today in his team’s loss in the u 18 semi final to Russia.  

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

USA are losers today.  Caufield scores both their goals though.  Lots if their guys struggled today when up against players who skate well. 

Who was on his line with Hughes and he?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

Any love for

Arthur Kaliyev

6'2 LW 188 lbs had 102 points 51 goals and 51 assists in OHL this season?? anyone know more about this player?

Might look good on a line with Boes and Petey

His PNHLe is pretty good from earlier this year. Which I think factors age, position, league against your stats to project NHL potential scoring.

image.png.6d1d334ba88ac53feef63ce2b1a681f0.png

image.png