The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

11 hours ago, R3aL said:

Lavoie prolly won't even go top 10 

at at least I wouldn't have him in my top 10 and most certainly not top our 2 

for the new nhl his skating needs work and I like lots of wingers over him like boldy, kaliyev, krebs 

we will see when when it comes closer to draft time but Canucks are focusing on good character kids, who can skate and have big offensive potential I think we will have higher ranked options at our pick then lavoie. 

Sure just don’t forget to quote me when Lavoi goes In top 10 over those players you named

1 hour ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Sure just don’t forget to quote me when Lavoi goes In top 10 over those players you named

Don't forget you were saying top 2 conversation for our teams scouting list, and sure my opinion could change by draft time. But as it stands I'm not impressed by his skating and I dont have him in my top 10.

i think if the draft was today he would go 11-15 range.

to start:

hughes

kakko

dach

cozens

Podkolzin

Byram

im convinced these 6 as it stands would go before lavoie for sure. 

Then you have:

Boldy

Turcotte

Zegras

Broberg

Krebs

Kaliyev

Suzuki

Who could all arguably go in any order and in front of lavoie.

using Zadina as a comparison, I think Zadina is a much better player and was a better player in their respected draft years. Zadina also separated hinself with a Magnificent world jr performance (something lavoie won't have the opportunity of doing) and slipped down the draft nonetheless. I would expect lavoie to be drafted even later.

we shall see, we have different opinions clearly and if you want me to quote you and Lavoie is your guy start adding the E on the end of his name and yes I am very high on these three:

Kaliyev

Boldy

Krebs

especially kaliyev and Krebs, think Kaliyev is just ridiculously deadly in the offensive zone and he's going to rise and rise on teams rankings as the hockey season goes on. And Krebs if he was on a different team with more offensively talented players around him I believe his numbers would be video game like. He's a very talented kid who would fit in with our teams core very well 

40 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Don't forget you were saying top 2 conversation for our teams scouting list, and sure my opinion could change by draft time. But as it stands I'm not impressed by his skating and I dont have him in my top 10.

to start:

hughes

kakko

dach

cozens

Podkolzin

Byram

Then you have:

Boldy

Turcotte

Zegras

Broberg

Krebs

Kaliyev

Suzuki

using Zadina as a comparison, I think Zadina is a much better player and was a better player in their respected draft years. Zadina also separated hinself with a Magnificent world jr performance (something lavoie won't have the opportunity of doing) and slipped down the draft nonetheless. I would expect lavoie to be drafted even later.

we shall see, we have different opinions clearly and if you want me to quote you and Lavoie is your guy start adding the E on the end of his name and yes I am very high on these three:

Kaliyev

Boldy

Krebs

especially kaliyev and Krebs, think Kaliyev is just ridiculously deadly in the offensive zone and he's going to rise and rise on teams rankings as the hockey season goes on. And Krebs if he was on a different team with more offensively talented players around him I believe his numbers would be video game like. He's a very talented kid who would fit in with our teams core very well 

We’ll see.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, R3aL said:

to start:

hughes

kakko

dach

cozens

Podkolzin

Byram

Then you have:

Boldy

Turcotte

Zegras

Broberg

Krebs

Kaliyev

Suzuki

Kaliyev

Boldy

Krebs

I agree with alot of what you are saying but honestly I can see a team going for Lavoie top 10. Personally I wouldn't, I prefer going high end skill over size almost every time...2017 the year I didn't, I wanted vilardi and see how that turned out (was happy with EP for sure tho). 

It kind of reminds me of Rasmussen, I couldn't believe he went top 10 even though he was a complete stud. Lavoie has a good chance to go top 10, I just hope if we are drafting in that range (unlikely) we go for boldy or Krebs.

On 12/16/2018 at 6:52 AM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Honestly, with teams like St Louis and Philly crapping the bed, I have a hard time seeing us drafting in the top 3. Wouldn't be shocked to see us picking 7th or 8th this year. 

If, by chance, we do land the 1st overall, this might be the draft to trade down to somewhere between 5-10 to pick up more asset, depending on which teams are willing to deal. If we can somehow land a player between the 5th and 10th pick and pick up good, young Dman as well via trade, it may be well worth it, again, depending on which teams are in a position and willing to deal.

Don't forget the L.A. Kings - they are even worse than St. Louis and Philly. No way that the Canucks are drafting in the top 3. Right now we have 12 players in the double digit points statistic.

We have much more depth at forward and more fire-power up front than last season. My best guess right now is that we pick in the range 10-20.In that range Kaliyev would be by far the best option. He is a shooter like Brock, has already a NHL frame, has great hands and can skate.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Don't forget the L.A. Kings - they are even worse than St. Louis and Philly. No way that the Canucks are drafting in the top 3. Right now we have 12 players in the double digit points statistic.

We have much more depth at forward and more fire-power up front than last season. My best guess right now is that we pick in the range 10-20.In that range Kaliyev would be by far the best option. He is a shooter like Brock, has already a NHL frame, has great hands and can skate.

Caufield, and suzuki. Krebs will be an option two along with newhook.

I think we will be picking in the 18-25 range

Ill be keeping a close eye on RD Antoni Honka 

He looks like a good puck mover. Might be just what Juolevi needs to complete his game. 

Juolevi Honka

Hughes Woo 

Tryamkin Stetcher 

Rathbone Gudbranson 

1 minute ago, kenhodgejr said:

I think we will be picking in the 18-25 range

Ill be keeping a close eye on RD Antoni Honka 

He looks like a good puck mover. Might be just what Juolevi needs to complete his game. 

Juolevi Honka

Hughes Woo 

Tryamkin Stetcher 

Rathbone Gudbranson 

Good for you on the optimism with the canucks finish man. But, if we are drafting in that range, a guy like korczak is a better option then honka. Honka needs a alot of work just like his bro julius before he is even close to nhl ready. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/17/2018 at 12:39 AM, cyoung said:

I agree with alot of what you are saying but honestly I can see a team going for Lavoie top 10. Personally I wouldn't, I prefer going high end skill over size almost every time...2017 the year I didn't, I wanted vilardi and see how that turned out (was happy with EP for sure tho). 

It kind of reminds me of Rasmussen, I couldn't believe he went top 10 even though he was a complete stud. Lavoie has a good chance to go top 10, I just hope if we are drafting in that range (unlikely) we go for boldy or Krebs.

Fair

the past two years the NHL has changed quite noticeably in speed and importance in skating, I just feel this will pull Lavoie down rankings and I don't see that much difference in him last season compared to this one 

like Dach for example has shown great improvement from last year 

but Rasmussen is a good example for your point in size and if he's high on a teams list sure

6 hours ago, R3aL said:

Fair

the past two years the NHL has changed quite noticeably in speed and importance in skating, I just feel this will pull Lavoie down rankings and I don't see that much difference in him last season compared to this one 

like Dach for example has shown great improvement from last year 

but Rasmussen is a good example for your point in size and if he's high on a teams list sure

Dach is my undisputed #3, he's so damn good. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:21 AM, R3aL said:

It's crazy because on paper they look great with a mix of vets, kids and elite talent 

but they both just have terribly unreliable goal tending

Maybe we should target Bobrovsky in the offseason and see if they will take a flyer on Markstrom for a decent return? Although I'm sure they will target Bobrovsky (if they can afford him). Markstrom wouldn't be a major upgrade, but I would say Markstrom hasn't been bad considering he's behind a team far more behind than where St. Louis and Philadelphia should be with the rest of their team's talent and he would fit in better cap-wise for them.

With that said, hopefully there is a team looking for goaltending depth heading into the playoffs and will pay a bit to take on Nilsson at the TDL.

On 12/5/2018 at 5:54 PM, Smashian Kassian said:

I really like Kirby Dach alot. 6'4 center with his hands & offensive ability.

If Strome & Kotkaniemi went top 3 I don't know if Dach will be any different. Team's still love big C's with offensive upside. And its still early but so far I like Dach more than both of them. 

The only thing that disappoints me with Dach is that he doesn't really play a physical or a gritty game for a guy gifted with his size. 

What's insane though is his incredible reach. Dach has an enormous wingspan which allows him to pick pocket and intercept passes from the neutral zone as well as being able to cradle the puck without really needing to take extra steps. He takes very long strides. He reminds me of Getzlaf in that regard. Definitely does not have the same grit or physicals. 

I think we'll see Kirby Dach in the NHL next season, or the season after for sure. He's easily the 3rd best player in the draft. I can see him putting up similar numbers that Kotkaniemi is putting up in his rookie season.

That being said, lately, he's slowed down  in his point production, and that may or may not be a cause for concern.

Edited by Odd.

48 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Maybe we should target Bobrovsky in the offseason and see if they will take a flyer on Markstrom for a decent return? Although I'm sure they will target Bobrovsky (if they can afford him). Markstrom wouldn't be a major upgrade, but I would say Markstrom hasn't been bad considering he's behind a team far more behind than where St. Louis and Philadelphia should be with the rest of their team's talent and he would fit in better cap-wise for them.

With that said, hopefully there is a team looking for goaltending depth heading into the playoffs and will pay a bit to take on Nilsson at the TDL.

Not a fan tbh wants big money and has choked in playoffs 

don't think he's the right fit for our team 

• Upvote 1