The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 Utica Comets Thread

3 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Next year the comets will have a few second year pros who will have a better understanding of what it takes to play at the Minor pro level just need to look at Zac MAC to see what a year in the A has done for him.

Next year the Comets will (most likely) not be affiliated with Vancouver.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Is there an agreement in place yet to extend with Utica?  If there is, I guess I missed it.  

not that I've heard but all the statements by Benning have been very positive about Utica. I doubt they'd uproot the players and staff now. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

not that I've heard but all the statements by Benning have been very positive about Utica. I doubt they'd uproot the players and staff now. 

I think there is a deadline to extend the current agreement coming up pretty soon though.  The Canucks could then move their team to  city in our time zone.  

Just now, Alflives said:

I think there is a deadline to extend the current agreement coming up pretty soon though.  The Canucks could then move their team to  city in our time zone.  

Well, I suppose its possible there is a spot for one more team in the pacific division of the AHL (https://theahl.com/2018-19-ahl-alignment)

But there's so many benefits to staying in Utica I'd be surprised if they did this. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Well, I suppose its possible there is a spot for one more team in the pacific division of the AHL (https://theahl.com/2018-19-ahl-alignment)

But there's so many benefits to staying in Utica I'd be surprised if they did this. 

I agree the team should stay in Utica.  The fans, and city really support them.  I'm just not too certain the Canuck's see it this way though.  There is financial loss that might be reduced a lot if the team was out here.  

22 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

At this point, it might be better closer to home. All fans(of org) mostly on the same page. Next, drop a nuclear bomb on HFBoards!

HF boards are not that bad. 

Utica humor is very sarcastic and over the top humor. A lot of people don't get it or care for it. Just the way it is here in upstate NY......