The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] (poll) James vs Jay

Pete M

(Poll) would you have rather.....  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

nobody signed beagle to 4 x 4

neal's contract is also higher then the info you are using

why are you wanting to do a poll using false data ????

how about

would you rather have beagle for the rest of his nhl career for $12 million

or have neal for the rest of his nhl career for $28.75 million

7 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Would you have rather signed James Neal or Jay Beagle

Well, as the Canucks didn't sign him for $4 M but $3 M and the fact they need C more than W at this stage, Beagle.   If it is two years from now and Canucks are a playoff team and looking for some offense and you can have 2017-18 Neal for 3 years at $5 M, then Neal.    

I also think Beagle at the end of his contract will look more like a $3 M C than Neal will look like at $5 M W at the end of his.

Yeah, my bad...I was playing around with the poll...trying to figure out how to do it...didn't allow me the first two times...

...long day working in + 40 C...note to self, don't try making a poll after work in +40 C after a long day...lol

but, for what it is worth

James $5.75M for 5 years

Jay $3M for 4 years

or neither player

it doesn't allow me to edit. &$$@!!

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Canucks don't need another LW blocking the younger players.

4thC who is a super f/o guy and plays defense exceptionally well is what the team needs right now.

Beagle 4yrs@3m for the win, Pete.

We have no LWers blocking youth. Our best LWer is a 25 year old Baertschi right now. 

46 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

We have no LWers blocking youth. Our best LWer is a 25 year old Baertschi right now. 

If JN were signed for 4yrs...

Leipsic, Goldy, Dahlen, Palmu, Gadjovich, maybe a pick next season.

4yrs is a long time for developing players.

15 hours ago, higgyfan said:

If JN were signed for 4yrs...

Leipsic, Goldy, Dahlen, Palmu, Gadjovich, maybe a pick next season.

4yrs is a long time for developing players.

Yeah, that is why an option of neither was included.

I think picking up Beagle was a great idea. The term is longer than wanted but that is what it takes to get high profile UFA’s to sign on a team in a rebuild. He brings attributes that we need. Good teams win face offs, puck battles and play hard in their own end. While some of our youth (Bo Horvat) excel at these things you can’t put it on him to teach it to others. Also if you want the young guys to play offence and score goals then someone has to do the dirty work. These signings will not bring us the cup but if they can teach the next wave how to play tough gritty hockey in the bottom six while freeing up the top six to dazzle and score I am all for it. 

3 hours ago, Pete M said:

Yeah, that is why an option of neither was included.

Of the UFA signings this season, I really like the Beagle one.  I don't see him blocking any prospects, as the way he plays (and what he brings to the team) aren't the qualities young players enter the league with.   His d-zone faceoffs and PK will surely  improve the team's ugly goals against #s and his veteran leadership is said to be very good.

I think he will be fairly easy to move in 2 or 3 years as well.

Beagle, 100%.

I would rather have an extremely well respected vet, known for insane fitness, teaching our young kid the ropes. Don't get me wrong, Neal would come in really handy as a ventern presence... if we ever need to teach all our prospects to knee their opposition in the head...

Living in Calgary...I hear it all the time on sport radio about the trades and signings that Calgary did this off season...have to admit Neal is a great signing by Calgary...fans around these parts are excited.

On 2018-08-12 at 11:59 PM, shayster007 said:

Beagle, 100%.

I would rather have an extremely well respected vet, known for insane fitness, teaching our young kid the ropes. Don't get me wrong, Neal would come in really handy as a ventern presence... if we ever need to teach all our prospects to knee their opposition in the head...

How about we get the rat to teach them how to do flying Elbows

Archived