The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What would it take for the 2018-2019 Vancouver Canucks to make the playoffs?

Yung1

6 minutes ago, 6string said:

I dunno about making a run for the  playoffs, but I'm confident Elias Pettersson will be making a run for the Calder!

Oh dude, I'm too stoked for this kid

I know we have to keep our expectations in check, but I can't help it. Just look at his resume.. it's sick. So &^@#ing sick. He's going to kill it on the PP with Boeser and Bo as the net presence. 

But 5 on 5, I want Guddy out there every shift with him. 

7 minutes ago, billabong said:

The only way the Canucks make the playoffs is if everything and I mean EVERYTHING goes their way then maybe just maaaaaybbbeeee they’ll have the slightest of chances at the 8th seed

boeser would have to score 40 goals

virtanen would need to pot 20 goals

pettersson get over 50 points 

tanev play 70+ games

markstrom have a .925 save % at least 

and a bunch of career years from everyone else who plays a regular shift 

Nashville

winnipeg

sj

minny

St.louis

vegas

calgary

anaheim 

no particular order but I’d say have good chance at making the playoffs  

chicago

edmonton

la

arizona

Colorado

dallas

Bubble teams 

Van

and then theirs us 

71F07352-E3FC-4A6E-B12A-A51E6680BC68.gif

We're not THAT bad. 

50ft of crap describes a billibong pretty well though eh.

48 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

You may be right.  And it may be because EP has next to no competition for first line minutes on the Nucks...

But don't kid yourself the NHL will be a whole new beast for EP.  

Youth is running the NHL now did you not see what Barzal did last season? 

10 minutes ago, billabong said:

The only way the Canucks make the playoffs is if everything and I mean EVERYTHING goes their way then maybe just maaaaaybbbeeee they’ll have the slightest of chances at the 8th seed

boeser would have to score 40 goals

virtanen would need to pot 20 goals

pettersson get over 50 points 

tanev play 70+ games

markstrom have a .925 save % at least 

and a bunch of career years from everyone else who plays a regular shift 

Nashville

winnipeg

sj

minny

St.louis

vegas

calgary

anaheim 

no particular order but I’d say have good chance at making the playoffs  

chicago

edmonton

la

arizona

Colorado

dallas

Bubble teams 

Van

and then theirs us 

71F07352-E3FC-4A6E-B12A-A51E6680BC68.gif

You mean 50 ft of crap then Arizona. That team will be god awful next season 

57 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I agree that options are next to none right now.

Exactly, not only do you admittedly not have a clue what to do, you simply attack anyone with actual insight as to what is being implemented when they try to explain it.

Perhaps instead of just blithely beaking off, why not sit back and listen -- you might gain some perspective and maybe start to think things through rationally instead of simply comparing stat sheets.  Then over the course of the season, watch what the professionals actually do.  Instead of wallowing in hopeless despair, consider that we already have a core of youth developing and a top-rated pool of prospects to be drawing upon, and you just may be surprised to discover that there ARE "options".  Then again, the Leaf bandwagon is always looking for more jumpers with multiple ankle breaks.

13 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I know we have to keep our expectations in check, but I can't help it. Just look at his resume.. it's sick. So &^@#ing sick. He's going to kill it on the PP with Boeser and Bo as the net presence. 

I liked the free agent signings as well to keep teams in check ahout taking privileges when Pettersson is on the ice.

Elias succeeds and smashes at every level he has moved up to I don't expect his rookie year to be any different!

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Exactly, not only do you admittedly not have a clue what to do, you simply attack anyone with actual insight as to what is being implemented when they try to explain it.

Stop reading at this point. Once you started the personal attacks....   Saved me some time at least.

3 minutes ago, 6string said:

I liked the free agent signings as well to keep teams in check ahout taking privileges when Pettersson is on the ice.

Elias succeeds and smashes at every level he has moved up to I don't expect his rookie year to be any different!

I expect our PP1 to actually be scary this year. 

Add Hughes to that next year...

If EP develops into a centre we'll really be getting somewhere

47 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I'm just hoping the haters don't come back when ha has his first slump, but I know he'll be disappointed.  Look at that draft thread if you want to see CDC collectively melt down.  It's almost like Pettersson saw the garbage people were posting because he exceeded anyone's expectations, and I knew he was a special player.  In a re-draft, I have him about equal with Hischier at #1.

If Santa could get me an EP skate jersey, I'll stop telling the kids he's not real.

8 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I could see playoffs if we could  improve teams . truculence.. and  find a way to sign these guys.....

.image.jpeg.7151263ec0c64ab9c64eddfa87b39901.jpeg

Truculence is soooo 2008 - we want our boys to play old time hockey! The UFA’s signed this Summer point to a more obstreperous style Green wants us to play.

Instead of white towels we the fans should be bringing out the rolls of tinfoil to cheer the team on!

2 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Truculence is soooo 2008 - we want our boys to play old time hockey! The UFA’s signed this Summer point to a more obstreperous style Green wants us to play.

Instead of white towels we the fans should be bringing out the rolls of tinfoil to cheer the team on!

I think Coach Green is doing a fine job... but i would prefer Reggie Dunlop the Chiefs old coach...

image.jpeg.c1e494ff8bd970149fd805d811b33ee8.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Obstreperous....is that you Burkey?

21 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm just hoping the haters don't come back when ha has his first slump, but I know he'll be disappointed.  Look at that draft thread if you want to see CDC collectively melt down.  It's almost like Pettersson saw the garbage people were posting because he exceeded anyone's expectations, and I knew he was a special player.  In a re-draft, I have him about equal with Hischier at #1.

If Santa could get me an EP skate jersey, I'll stop telling the kids he's not real.

Oh you know the haters will be in full force given the slightest opportunity. 

But it's not like I don't hate on players though. Gagner, Eriksson, Edler when he's just spacing out like he does for months on end.

I could go on, but I definitely have patience for the kids. Jake included. However, I've given up on Gaunce. The ship sailed 

Archived