The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Acquiring Nylander

• 2 weeks later...

Ok its almost getting crunch time for the leafs and they have stated around that 6.5 mark for Nylander so:

Tanev (4.45)

Gagner (2.125)

for 

Nylander (sign at 7 x 4yrs)

6.575 out and both 2 yrs left, 7 in for .425 difference. The Leafs get Tanev like they always wanted and a very serviceable veteran in Gagner for injuries in season or playoff run (Plus he's already in town with the Marlies).

16 minutes ago, Ojibwa72 said:

Ok its almost getting crunch time for the leafs and they have stated around that 6.5 mark for Nylander so:

Tanev (4.45)

Gagner (2.125)

for 

6.575 out and both 2 yrs left, 7 in for .425 difference. The Leafs get Tanev like they always wanted and a very serviceable veteran in Gagner for injuries in season or playoff run (Plus he's already in town with the Marlies).

That's a very fair trade for both teams, but why do we want (need) Nylander?   We would be paying him more than Bo!  Bo does way more than Nylander.  I would be very concerned WN would through our Cap management into big trouble. 

Steer clear of Nylander. His dad bounced around the league (7 teams) trying to fill his pockets. No loyalty, simply money. Carolina will likely be the trading partner as they are deep on D and needing O. BTW I taught his sister who is working towards a pro tennis career.

4 minutes ago, groovy said:

Steer clear of Nylander. His dad bounced around the league (7 teams) trying to fill his pockets. No loyalty, simply money. Carolina will likely be the trading partner as they are deep on D and needing O. BTW I taught his sister who is working towards a pro tennis career.

what loyalty is TO showing? hey Willie, take less money and we wont guarantee that we wont trade you right away. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what loyalty is TO showing? hey Willie, take less money and we wont guarantee that we wont trade you right away. 

Apparently the ask is 8 mill/year. Really? You`re that awesome?

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Trade clauses are not permitted on RFA years.  There's nothing Toronto can do other than give him their word.  They don't want to trade him.  Their whole pitch to Tavares was that Matthews, Nylander, Marner are all so young and will only get better.  Dubas talked to all 3 to get their approval before pursuing Tavares as everyone will have to do their part to fit everyone under the cap.

8 minutes ago, mll said:

Trade clauses are not permitted on RFA years.  There's nothing Toronto can do other than give him their word.  They don't want to trade him.  Their whole pitch to Tavares was that Matthews, Nylander, Marner are all so young and will only get better.  Dubas talked to all 3 to get their approval before pursuing Tavares as everyone will have to do their part to fit everyone under the cap.

right but the news on it, for what its worth, is that they won't give him verbal confirmation. I don't know if thats true or not but you would think he'd be signed by now if he got that assurance.

I guess Dubas should have secured a draft deal ahead of time before making the claim that he'd keep them all together. 

1 hour ago, Ojibwa72 said:

Tanev (4.45)

Gagner (2.125)

for 

Brutal for Toronto. And I hate Toronto.  Waiver wire fidder and one dimensional (defensive) D that can’t seem to string a decent run of healthy games together isn’t the kind of return that will make Toronto pull the trigger 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

right but the news on it, for what its worth, is that they won't give him verbal confirmation. I don't know if thats true or not but you would think he'd be signed by now if he got that assurance.

I guess Dubas should have secured a draft deal ahead of time before making the claim that he'd keep them all together. 

Dreger believes they did.  

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

That's a very fair trade for both teams, but why do we want (need) Nylander?   We would be paying him more than Bo!  Bo does way more than Nylander.  I would be very concerned WN would through our Cap management into big trouble. 

It very well could Alf and if so there are no, I repeat NO NTC or NMC on this contract. Then if opportunity arises for a trade you trade for players and picks.

58 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Brutal for Toronto. And I hate Toronto.  Waiver wire fidder and one dimensional (defensive) D that can’t seem to string a decent run of healthy games together isn’t the kind of return that will make Toronto pull the trigger 

At the 11th hour it might make some movement though.

13 minutes ago, Ojibwa72 said:

Regardless of when you make that offer, you’d have to think Toronto will get significantly better offers.  Carolina is rumoured to be very interested. They could top that offer easily and not give it a second thought 

48 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Regardless of when you make that offer, you’d have to think Toronto will get significantly better offers.  Carolina is rumoured to be very interested. They could top that offer easily and not give it a second thought 

true but if you never make the offer in the first place you'll never know.

1 hour ago, Ojibwa72 said:

To be honest, I think the 11th hour would be more likely Tanev for Nylander straight up. Tanev's overvalued on these forums quite frequently. Not one of my popular beliefs I know but it's one I tend to stand by. Tanev's not worth as much as Nylander, let alone having Toronto take on a money from Gagner's contract.

Archived