The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nicknames for EP

*Buzzsaw*

What's the best nickname for Elias Pettersson?  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since there is nothing better to do I thought I'd throw out a random question for all us EP40 fans.

What's a good nickname?

Add your suggestion.

I think they call him 'Petter' or 'Peter' in the locker room... but what do we call him when we want to emphasize his skills... 

Like "The Great Gretzky" or "Alexander the Great", or "Rocket Richard",  or "The Golden Jet", etc..

I liked hearing Sutter call him Petey. I don't think I have the clout to call him that to his face though. I assume this is something we refer to him on CDC? That's up to each individual person. I like EP40. Simple, easy.

Off topic, I would have preferred he went with 14 even though I get with Burr just recently retiring he did it outta respect but I dunno. I like 14 on him. EP14 doesn't quite have the same ring though, maybe 40 was the good choice. Lol.

I think it's already settled that his nickname is Alien.

Sometimes nicknames are just correct whether we like them or not.

PENTICTON — An Alien has landed deep in the smoke-induced haze which has made the Okanagan look like an intergalactic-themed movie set this summer.
The good kind of alien. The kind who could help save millions of tortured souls who have spent the better part of nearly 50 years wishing upon a star the Vancouver Canucks will one day win it all.
The kind with the Earth name Elias Pettersson, a player whose teammates started calling Alien because it was the only way to explain the otherworldly skills they saw pour from him night after night last year.
“I’d be lying if I told you I hadn’t heard that one,” Pettersson says, smiling. “It puts some pressure on me, but I'm used to pressure. I like challenges. I think I'm a guy there should be a lot of pressure on. I think I'm the guy who can do it, who can produce many points."

Archived