The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nicknames for EP

*Buzzsaw*

What's the best nickname for Elias Pettersson?  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Pavel Bure was the "Russian Rocket" because of his speed and being Russian. EP because of his IQ skill and hands he has that perfect touch with the puck imo, and him being Swedish I'm sticking with the "Swedish Touch" 

You gotta be kidding... you want to name him after some sleazy Vancouver Rub and Tug massage parlour?

I think the kid deserves a nickname with more class than that.  :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Most of those nicknames are horrible. Especially Swedish Gretzky. Didn't we already have a Danish Gretzky? Where is he now? Never try and give a guy a nickname of another players real name. It's beyond tasteless.

Media and fans already call him EP40, and it works. give it some time and something else might come organically. This "it's 9 games in the NHL time for the forum to vote on nicknames" needs to stop.

27 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Datsyuk was known as the "Magic Man". Pettersson could "Lil Magic Man"?

To answer the OP, I like EP40 or Petey. Most fans refer to him as EP40, while most players or coaches call him Petey. Both work (vice-versa).

On 10/12/2018 at 1:20 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Pavel Bure was the "Russian Rocket" because of his speed and being Russian. EP because of his IQ skill and hands he has that perfect touch with the puck imo, and him being Swedish I'm sticking with the "Swedish Touch" 

Russian Rocket was a reference to Maurice Richard. So they were calling him the Russian Maurice Richard. 

Archived