Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sprong on the Trade Block


Provost

Recommended Posts

TSN is reporting Sprong is out of favour and on the trade block.

 

He is a RW who also can play LW.

 

That is the kind of player you buy low on.  He is blazing fast and drives to the net.... scorer like crazy in the AHL but hasn’t had much success in limited NHL time. 

 

Plus, he was born in the Netherlands so The Vancouver pot culture will be less shocking to him than it was Nikita :)

 

Too bad Baertschi is still hurt as that could be an appealing piece for the Penguins who would happily trade some upside for help in the short term.  Maybe one of our middle D.  Not sure what the Penguin’s needs are honestly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bure_Pavel said:

Gm is not happy with the work ethic of their secondary scoring so far.

Well, there's nothing we should offer. We are finally getting some decent secondary scoring, would rather not mess with it. Unless they'd actually consider a Gagner deal. Lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Well, there's nothing we should offer. We are finally getting some decent secondary scoring, would rather not mess with it. Unless they'd actually consider a Gagner deal. Lol.

Apparently the OP wants to send Baertschi to the Penguins.  Johnston pushed the Penguins to acquire him at the time.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mll said:

Apparently the OP wants to send Baertschi to the Penguins.  Johnston pushed the Penguins to acquire him at the time.  

Kind of a lateral move or even a downgrade, since I don't see Sprong being anything more than what Baer is now. Forgot everyone on this team needs to be 25 or under. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Fits in with our other .2 points per game top 6 wingers.

Pitts have him playing on the 4th line so he can learn defense 8min a game.

 

He has great offensive talent but his defensive skills are very weak; much like Goldy was before this season and like Goldy, he is a project.  I don't know if Green would want to take on another project, but if he did, I think this kid could become a very good top 6 W (better than Goldy).  I like that he plays both Ws.  He is an explosive skater who can deke opposing player, is a good stick handler and loves to shoot. 

 

I certainly wouldn't trade a healthy Bear for him though.  Perhaps Lipstic and 6th round (Capitals) pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Granlund or Leipsic maybe?

Neither are particularly good offensively, Granny I think is barely producing more than Sprong. Leipsic has 2 points in 7 games. Sprong has 4 in 12 averaging 8 minutes a game. A trade for the sake of a trade at that point. They'd certainly want a 3rd/4th round pick with Leipsic. Sprong is 21 still, 22 in March. Super young. Maybe even a 2nd rounder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Pitts have him playing on the 4th line so he can learn defense 8min a game.

 

He has great offensive talent but his defensive skills are very weak; much like Goldy was before this season and like Goldy, he is a project.  I don't know if Green would want to take on another project, but if he did, I think this kid could become a very good top 6 W (better than Goldy).  I like that he plays both Ws.  He is an explosive skater who can deke opposing player, is a good stick handler and loves to shoot. 

 

I certainly wouldn't trade a healthy Bear for him though.  Perhaps Lipstic and 6th round (Capitals) pick.

Pretty much an accurate description.  Mostly it is an idea because he exactly fits the speed, attacking game Green wants.

If it was Baertschi going the other way, they probably have to add something... especially if we do them a favour and retain cap so they can add another deadline piece.

It is possible it could take less and maybe a middle of the pack prospect.  Heck, we got Goldobin for almost free.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If he was a defenseman i'd take a shot at him, but right now where would he fit?  At one point when you add Goldy, Virtanen, Dahlen, Gaudette, Lind, these are players looking for a spot in the top 6 (already occupied by Horvat, Boeser, Petterson), if you add Sprong to the mix, something gotta give, they can't all make it.  They all need some minutes without taking it away from each other.  

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...