The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Islanders | Nov. 13, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Dahlen for one. 

All of the excuse making is moot. He's either in the Gretzky convo or not by results. 

who started this whole gretzky convo thing anyway?

i watched Gretzky play multiple times.  Fantastic player.  Magical. Nobody should be in that conversation (or very few), especially a kid that has played like 15 games.

That said, he didnt have Goldobin on his wing, and Pouliot feeding him pucks.  he played with some legends.

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Are all NHL referees useless? I've never seen such utter incompetence from an entire league's officiating personnel. How these losers hold down a job is beyond me. 

It's union that keeping them the job.  Without the union, the NHL would be able to fire any referee who is underperforming.  

21 minutes ago, BPA said:

I think it's pretty evident that we need to re-sign Edler and keep Tanev. 

One of the few who has been saying that and taking a beat down for it at the height of trading deadlines and draft dates since 2012 apx. :) 

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"We got a lot of competitors on this team. I get mad too. I'm not walking around smiling after every loss but the sun comes up the next day. Can't be grumpy about a game last week... It's frustrating. The ref said they can't look, Toronto makes the call there. When you look I think it's obvious. But at the same time I grew up playing soccer, every hockey player plays soccer before games so I don't know if the Toronto guys are big soccer fans or not." - Markstrom

LOL that passive-aggressive poke. Love it.

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

i watched Gretzky play multiple times.  Fantastic player.  Magical. Nobody should be in that conversation (or very few), especially a kid that has played like 15 games.

That said, he didnt have Goldobin on his wing, and Pouliot feeding him pucks.  he played with some legends.

Gretzky himself chimed in this week on Pettersson. Look it up.

Pettersson is going to rise to the Gretzky convo or not.

Ultimately, Petey needs to be a difference maker on that same level. It's early in his career but he, himself, needs to get us wins ... and more of them!

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

he is Gretzky-like but that is not the same as saying he is as good as "the Great One"...watched Gretzky his whole career...remembered him going to the WHA rather than the NHL and then Edmonton coming into the league as an expansion team...he was "Great" right from the start....however, he too had games in a row where he did not get points.

Everyone has to give EP40 time to be Great....because he will be Great, just a matter of time.

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Ultimately, Petey needs to be a difference maker on that same level. It's early in his career but he, himself, needs to get us wins ... and more of them!

ok, dont know if you are being sarcastic or not, so ill just step aside from a no win situation here...

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"We got a lot of competitors on this team. I get mad too. I'm not walking around smiling after every loss but the sun comes up the next day. Can't be grumpy about a game last week... It's frustrating. The ref said they can't look, Toronto makes the call there. When you look I think it's obvious. But at the same time I grew up playing soccer, every hockey player plays soccer before games so I don't know if the Toronto guys are big soccer fans or not." - Markstrom

Well played, Marky. I like the shot on Toronto. 

Transparency? Whoever makes the calls in the "war room" in toronto need  to held accountable when they make obviously bad decisions. That kicked in goal changed the game and deflated our guys. Sucks when we need to beat the other teams and the officials!!!

22 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Are all NHL referees useless? I've never seen such utter incompetence from an entire league's officiating personnel. How these losers hold down a job is beyond me. 

In the Big Four of sports the NHL has been at rock bottom, makeup calls for example has forever been a stain to the game.

In the NFL and NBA there can be a huge disparity between teams with fouls and penalties but never in the NHL in the decades I have watched.

NHL referees like to manage the game rather than letting the athletes determine the pace or the action and eventually the outcome.

Just some of my thoughts.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

He's gotten us plenty by himself.  The rest of the team needs to step up and produce if he goes through a minor slump.

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

In the Big Four of sports the NHL has been at rock bottom, makeup calls for example has forever been a stain to the game.

In the NFL and NBA there can be a huge disparity between teams with fouls and penalties but never in the NHL in the decades I have watched.

NHL referees like to manage the game rather than letting the athletes determine the pace or the action and eventually the outcome.

Just some of my thoughts.

Some solid thoughts. 

33 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Petterson doesnt have Jari Kurri and Mark Messier or Paul Coffey. 

Wait til Brock gets back and Dahlen is on the big club, right now he has nobody to finish his dishes.

Yeah...and also Hughes, Juolevi, and Tram moving forward the puck

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

No worries... It's early. ;)

personally im rooting for him to get the calder and somewhere between 80 - 100 points.....implying that he should be a difference maker on par with one of the greatest athletes of all time, at this point, is a tad too much pressure...but thats just me.

Archived