The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Islanders | Nov. 13, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Darius said:

personally im rooting for him to get the calder and somewhere between 80 - 100 points.....implying that he should be a difference maker on par with one of the greatest athletes of all time, at this point, is a tad too much pressure...but thats just me.

Totally get what you're saying and don't disagree on that level. We have an amazing talent. I'm just saying that if we're going to compare him to Gretzky, he must be held to a higher standard. That higher standard needs to be the difference between what we saw tonight and a win.

I love Petey but if people are going to throw his name alongside Gretzky, he needs to get more than 4 shots and 2 hit.

I know you know what I'm saying.

• given the success of the beginning of the season, it may have raised expectations, and now all of sudden a drop off, prior to the start who really expected anything close to what we seen? , the fact of the matter is ,WE SEEN IT  ,it happened ,and it'll happen again , I remember being told an old saying ,"never get to high with the win's , never get to low with the lose's".

1 hour ago, GreyHatnDart said:

Overall not a great game by anyone on the Canucks. Need some healthy bodies back. IMO a long road trip, missing the majority of our vets who are used to the travel versus our youngsters who are not is taking its toll. 

On to the next one. 

PS. The GDT’s are absolutely unbearable when the Canucks aren’t winning. Pathetic by a huge part of our fans on here. 

PSS.  Every fan gets overly emotional during the game.  CDC rule: What goes on in GDT, stays in GDT. :ph34r:

Anyone worried about Petey simply needs to look at the cast around him lately 

how often has he had to pass to Pouliot? That is a equivalent to passing a puck into the ocean, you will never see it back 

when we get Edler back and our injured fowards back we get a more balanced team and the pressure is not solely on Petey 

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

how often has he had to pass to Pouliot? That is a equivalent to passing a puck into the ocean, you will never see it back 

when we get Edler back and our injured fowards back we get a more balanced team and the pressure is not solely on Petey 

I'm not worried about Pettersson. Petey is either Gretzky level or not. 

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Pouliot's fine in his natural role as a 6/7 guy.  Our entire team is being forced to play above their pay grade and it's showing with the fatigue of a grueling road trip.  It's not really any one player's fault; the team isn't constructed to withstand the amount of injuries we're dealing with on a long-term basis, yet.  Our team's been one of the pleasant surprises of the entire league this year and I refuse to throw our kids under the bus for having a stretch where they're playing about as well as was originally expected.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Totally get what you're saying and don't disagree on that level. We have an amazing talent. I'm just saying that if we're going to compare him to Gretzky, he must be held to a higher standard. That higher standard needs to be the difference between what we saw tonight and a win.

I love Petey but if people are going to throw his name alongside Gretzky, he needs to get more than 4 shots and 2 hit.

I know you know what I'm saying.

He hasn't played 20 games in the NHL yet.. I'd say hes still doing fine

12 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Great players will be great with whoever they are playing with.   pointless in 3 straight is a little bit concerning.

This defense/goaltending needs to be overhauled in a big way. Lol. Will be nice when we get Sutter and Beagle back too. This team is starting to look exactly how it should have when we first lost them. The magic is wearing off. Sooner we start to get healthy the better.

On the brightside as a Virtanen stan I am glad he got another goal B)

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Pouliot's fine in his natural role as a 6/7 guy.  Our entire team is being forced to play above their pay grade and it's showing with the fatigue of a grueling road trip.  It's not really any one player's fault; the team isn't constructed to withstand the amount of injuries we're dealing with on a long-term basis, yet.  Our team's been one of the pleasant surprises of the entire league this year and I refuse to throw our kids under the bus for having a stretch where they're playing about as well as was originally expected.

I do agree totally on the 7 role. Here is what I don’t get how does 7 role get you in the first unit pp? 

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

This defense/goaltending needs to be overhauled in a big way. Lol. Will be nice when we get Sutter and Beagle back too. This team is starting to look exactly how it should have when we first lost them. The magic is wearing off. Sooner we start to get healthy the better.

On the brightside as a Virtanen stan I am glad he got another goal B)

OJ, Hughes, and Woo coming through, with Breezer looking like a decent option.  Demko likely ready next year with DiPietro taking over in Utica.  Patience.

Archived