The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who has a better shot Brock or Petey?

smokes

Who has the more deadly shot?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I feel like Boeser has the heavier shot while Pettersson has the quicker release. Hard to say -- went with Pettersson.

Really?  I would think opposite.  Pettersson usually on his wrist/snap shots has more of a scooping/slinging motion giving it more power while Boeser's stick hardly moves making it much more deceptive.  Both are heavy, and both are deceptive, but their type of shot gives them a slight advantage in the respective categories.

Also, EP40's one-timer/slapper clearly better than Boeser's.  I think most of us agree here, but I'm hoping Boeser can develop that part of his shot as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 11:52 AM, GritGrinder said:

Who cares when you’ve lost 7 in a row and your season is a week or 2 from going off the rails..?

We got 2 great players who will be stars in the NHL in the next few years, who cares that the Canucks are going off the rails this year.

3 minutes ago, smokes said:

We got 2 great players who will be stars in the NHL in the next few years, who cares that the Canucks are going off the rails this year.

I wouldn't even call us off the rails. Most hockey analysts had us bottom of the league this year. I'd say we are right on track overall, with a number of young players throughly impressing.

2 hours ago, smokes said:

A little belated but whatever. So now after the skills competition, can we say Petey has a better shot yet?

Yes.  Which is remarkable.  Boesers wrist shots power reminds me of Wendel Clark’s.  It’s hard enough to break masks and bones.  But the accuracy reminds me of Brett Hulls or Joe Sakics, in other words he’s a world class sniper.   Pettersson on the other hand reminds me of nobody in particular, shades of Bure when he deked Rinne out of his jock-strap (but only the actual deke, Bure came in with speed, Pettersson waltzes in like he’s going to pick up groceries or something, almsot comical, reminds me of Foreman and his epic knock-out, the one when he was almost 50 and just swaggers in like not a care in the world and then BAM-BAM, lights out), and my favourite, his slap shot that winds up like Gretzky and picks a spot and in.   To say that Pettersson has a better shot than Boeser is no small thing, his all-star game comes to mind, he’s just on a different level as a player, a special level.  We are so very lucky to have him..

Archived