The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Cory Schneider

86Viking

Would you take the gamble on him? He is owed 6m annually for 3 more years after this season. He will be 36 when his deal expires and has a NTC. 

He has been injured and I am not sure if NJ is wanting to sign Kinkaid to a lengthy deal if they can move Schneider or if they would go after a high end UFA G in FA.

I would defnitely consider bringing him back, he could groom Demko just like Luo did with him. It allows us to move Markstrom and or Nilsson for whatever we can get. 

I dont think it would cost a ton to get him as we take on his 6m salary, hopefully we could send some salary back as well. Too bad Eriksson likely wouldnt waive or NJD are too smart to want him back in return.

Anyways to the point, would you consider bringing Schneider back?

it would have to be a cheap deal for sure. Always liked how he played for us, cant recall his latest injury but he had surgery in the summer I believe. Does NJ view Kinkaid as the new #1 going forward and willing to give him a new deal?

Doubt it ever will happen though

I'd love it. Schneids grooming Demko would be awesome. Both BC boys (Boston College). Both Canucks draft picks. Both high-end goaltenders. 10/10 would acquire. I'd even give up Marky or Nilssy for him. 

But yes I agree with those posters above; it would be ideal if salary were retained and is a cheap deal.

I've never been one to even attempt to contact any of my X-GF's.

Guess I feel the same about X-GT's.

"Let's just move on in our own ways. Don't get me wrong, you're awesome, but I feel like we're both in different places and it's not fair to either of us to carry on this charade. 

Don't call me.

I won't call you either. I promise"

1 minute ago, Strombone said:

I'd love it. Schneids grooming Demko would be awesome. Both BC boys (Boston College). Both Canucks draft picks. Both high-end goaltenders. 10/10 would acquire. I'd even give up Marky or Nilssy for him. 

But yes I agree with those posters above; it would be ideal if salary were retained and is a cheap deal.

I dont know if NJ would retain, unlikely?  Maybe if we send Markstrom they might retain similar salary to what we retained on Luongo?

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

I've never been one to even attempt to contact any of my X-GF's.

Guess I feel the same about X-GT's.

"Let's just move on in our own ways. Don't get me wrong, you're awesome, but I feel like we're both in different places and it's not fair to either of us to carry on this charade. 

Don't call me.

I won't call you either. I promise"

Maybe so. I never got back together win an Ex but I sure called them up and slept with a few of em again cause it was a good time...

6 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Maybe so. I never got back together win an Ex but I sure called them up and slept with a few of em again cause it was a good time...

Not me.

Not even once.

I respect myself and the women I was with too much to play games.

And I'm a good fisherman, so good in fact, I'm an angler.

Archived