The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild at Nucks 7pm Rogers Arena Dec 4 2018

xereau

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

You'd think Dubas might want him at 50% retained for depth once he clears waivers..... or am I just being too optimistic? 

Well, now that Benning has done one deal with Dubas, maybe he can mention how close Gagner is with Tavares and how he had the same pajamas.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Just checked the roster on the site, and he's no longer on it. Not sure what the exact status is though.

Gagner...Interesting... from powerplay to no play in 48 hours... lol what a life.  What a situation for the team.

Won't be like this next year, I'm guessing.  Next year there'll be more Gaudette type players (Lind, Dahlen, etc., all waiver exempt still I think.)  Which means not so many "try outs" but development moves instead.  Can't wait.

if gagner is going down, they can't spin the demotion this time as being outplayed by the likes of goldobin.  he's been adequate since the call up.  if he goes down it is because he's not in their future plans, and because, even with retention they can't get anyone to bite on the guy.

so i wonder if they are negotiating a mutually agreed buyout.

1 minute ago, krutovsdonut said:

if gagner is going down, they can't spin the demotion this time as being outplayed by the likes of goldobin.  he's been adequate since the call up.  if he goes down it is because he's not in their future plans, and because, even with retention they can't get anyone to bite on the guy.

The buyout window only opens in mid-June.

2 minutes ago, krutovsdonut said:

that would be the team option to do it unilaterally.  i think it can be done by mutual agreement of the player at any time.  

Not a buyout.  If he wants to retire from the NHL he can go on unconditional waivers and the contract gets voided.

I think it's pretty crazy people are thinking Gagner is being sent down.  He's been one of the better players since being back with the team and given the first go around I HIGHLY doubt they would do it to him again.  He did get outplayed during the preseason but now not at all.  If anything Schaller or Gaudette because of waiver ineligibility 

33 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

You'd think Dubas might want him at 50% retained for depth once he clears waivers..... or am I just being too optimistic? 

IIRC, Gagner doesn't require waivers yet. If somebody wanted to trade for him they could immediately sent him to the minors, no waivers required.

18 minutes ago, krutovsdonut said:

Honestly, nothing against Gagner... he's been just playing the way he has for last couple years... nothing amazing. Sucks that he's making $3M and no other teams would bite on that salary for a mediocre player who pops in a few PP goals once in a while. 

8 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Honestly, nothing against Gagner... he's been just playing the way he has for last couple years... nothing amazing. Sucks that he's making $3M and no other teams would bite on that salary for a mediocre player who pops in a few PP goals once in a while. 

Every team wants to win......

Screenshot_20181204-134508_Chrome.jpg

Archived