The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild at Nucks 7pm Rogers Arena Dec 4 2018

xereau

28 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Tongue in cheek for sure however...while I recognize the difference and what is happening, in no way do I appreciate what Eriksson brings...not at that price.

Yeah, by no means a 'defense' of Eriksson :lol:

Just suggesting maybe not fueling idiocy like:

It's obvious to anyone with a modicum of intelligence that this is about his development, which is in both Goldobin and the team's long term, best interest. I don't see the need for fueling the short sighted, myopic tabloid chasers.

I'll be looking for Lievo's shot.

Hope Goldy doesn't tell big Tram that, now this new coach is being mean to us Russians!

I know its one game, but with Lievo joining us and Beagle returning (tough players). I would have sat Schaller instead of Goldy.

I originally thought, sit the 6 million dollar bionic invisible man but you smart minds on here have pointed out that he is as good as he is gonna get. Hope for a trade too, but I'm sure we'd have to eat some of that contract?

19 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Bad comparison. The Sedins work ethic was second to none from the time they were 16 to age 37. Goldobin hasn't show anything resembling that, honestly to even bring up the twins in the same breath as Goldy is moronic and a massive insult to Henrik and Daniel.

Whats moronic is your opinion because youve probably never seen the sedins play from the beginning. They were getting knocked down repeatedly, slow to the puck, hardly won any puck battles and dont even get me started on theur physical play which was little to none back then. I know the sedins are revered but lets not kid ourselves here, they werent world beaters or dominating anybody their first few years in the league. There was a reason why they faced many criticisms in the first parts of their career

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

It's obvious to anyone with a modicum of intelligence that this is about his development, which is in both Goldobin and the team's long term, best interest. I don't see the need for fueling the short sighted, myopic tabloid chasers.

I think Green is making the right move with Goldy.  He has been a little lacking in focus in parts of the game particularly his board play.  Green still believes in him but is sending a message that he is not guaranteed an NHL spot and needs to start developing some better work habits. 

17 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Exactly. We arent talking about a 30yr old overpaid winger here. Goldy just turned 23, theres a long road ahead of him. Greener does this from time to time with his main roster players just shake things up even in his days in utica

38 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Interesting line mates for tonight. Green might be going off how physical Suter was on Petterson in the last game against Minnesota, and has tasked Schaller with the job of slapping Suter around should he try it again. Motte is tenacious and possesses enough speed to stick with Elias.

Who knows? Maybe there might be some chemistry there.

Schaller looks completely uninterested in any slapping of any sort.  Definitely lost novelty for me.  Liked him at the start but he’s a big meh at this point.  

9 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Exactly. We arent talking about a 30yr old overpaid winger here. Goldy just turned 23, theres a long road ahead of him. Greener does this from time to time with his main roster players just shake things up even in his days in utica

Green did the same with hunter shinkaruk before the trade he sat him out to make him watch films of areas he wanted him to cover and to fix his skating to NHL quality. 

26 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'll be looking for Lievo's shot.

Hope Goldy doesn't tell big Tram that, now this new coach is being mean to us Russians!

Remember when everyone was thrilled Tryamkin was watching Canucks IG in the past 24 hours - and remember he was asking to see Goldy. 

Maybe Goldy already knew and had tattled so Try came around for some trolling 

it's a bit of a reach, but leivo is represented by larionov's small west coast agency.  the canucks acquiring him is a big deal for those guys as they get their stalled player a fresh nhl start and he moves out near them.  i would not be surprised if they have been recommending leivo to the canucks.  so i imagine now is a good time for the canucks to get away with giving their client goldobin some tough love and have larionov not want goldy to pick a fight over it.

A little surprised at Pettersson's wingers.  My guess is it won't last long and one of Motte or Schaller will be replaced by Boeser.  Of the two, I think Motte will stay on the line purely for his speed and puck retrieval.  It should help Pettersson's and Boeser's game.  Schaller would bring strength and size to the line but he doesn't seem to use either that much.

Interested in seeing how Leivo does in the opportunities he is given and really wanting to see how Gaudette gets deployed in this game if Jake's on his wing.  Either Jake is going to be double shifted all night or they'll get more offensive zone starts.

REFEREES

Francois St. Laurent #38 Chris Schlenker #3
  FL38.jpg CS03.jpg
Games 18-19 24 26
Career Games 699 85
First NHL Game 11/10/05 10/24/16
Birthplace Greenfield Park, QC Medicine Hat, AB

LINESMEN

Ryan Gibbons #58 Kory Nagy #97
  RG58.jpg KN97.jpg
Games 18-19 27 25
Career Games 249 137
First NHL Game 10/8/15 10/12/16
Birthplace Vancouver, BC London, ON

39 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Schaller looks completely uninterested in any slapping of any sort.  Definitely lost novelty for me.  Liked him at the start but he’s a big meh at this point.  

Going from being sat to playing with the team's leading scorer is a definite jump, and one that may have come with a message. Schaller may not be given too many more chances if he doesn't embrace this one. 

24 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

A little surprised at Pettersson's wingers.  My guess is it won't last long and one of Motte or Schaller will be replaced by Boeser.  Of the two, I think Motte will stay on the line purely for his speed and puck retrieval.  It should help Pettersson's and Boeser's game.  Schaller would bring strength and size to the line but he doesn't seem to use either that much.

Interested in seeing how Leivo does in the opportunities he is given and really wanting to see how Gaudette gets deployed in this game if Jake's on his wing.  Either Jake is going to be double shifted all night or they'll get more offensive zone starts.

Damn, no kidding. No offence to Schaller and Motte, but is there any other team in the NHL that a player of EP’s calibre would be on a line with a Schaller and a Motte?

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Going from being sat to playing with the team's leading scorer is a definite jump, and one that may have come with a message. Schaller may not be given too many more chances if he doesn't embrace this one. 

I agree I think we are at the point in the season now that if you don't show how you can contribute to this team, then you will find yourself expendable.

20 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Damn, no kidding. No offence to Schaller and Motte, but is there any other team in the NHL that a player of EP’s calibre would be on a line with a Schaller and a Motte?

Wait, what? Motte and Schaller playing with EP. Huh, is Willie D back coaching the team?

Archived