The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Tampa Bay Lightning at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 18, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“It felt like a playoff game out there, you could feel the fire. It’s not easy to lose that game, but we’ll take the positives tonight. We stood up for each other. We win as a team and lose as a team.” - Horvat

Sounds like a captain to me. 

the canucks stopped playing with about 9 minutes left in the third, that goldobin rush was their only real chance near the end. I think the reason for that is they started losing all the faceoffs near the end and they lost all their momentum.

"We thought it should have been a major. I only got to see the replay once but I thought it was pretty high, a little dirty. It got a little old school out there. Good to see everyone stick up for each other. Wolfpack mentality. We got the powerplay out of it, but first, you want to make sure your teammate's alright. It's never easy seeing a guy lie on the ice and then wobble off to the bench. You want to make sure he's okay before you can hit 'em where it hurts on the scoreboard. Like I said, we were a wolfpack mentality tonight. It wasn't just one guy yipping, it was a full team sticking up for everyone. They weren't getting at one player without four other guys stepping in the way, and it was good to see that tonight." - Hutton

5 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Solid effort against top team in the league

Nothing to be upset about

Exactly and if you consider some of our top players didn't have their "A Game" ( it happens to them all) and if we could have had Sutter and Baertschi might just have made the difference.

Great to see our team can play with any team once again and they're willing to defend each other.

Going to be a lot entertaining games this season we have an awesome team that's been underrated and will continue to show all the naysayers they have what it takes right now not later.

Just now, Roberts said:

the canucks stopped playing with about 9 minutes left in the third, that goldobin rush was their only real chance near the end. I think the reason for that is they started losing all the faceoffs near the end and they lost all their momentum.

Had a hard time in the dot all game. Makes a big difference.  Tampa is a really good team and they know how to play with a lead.  I don't think it was nux stopped playing. Nux D was short handed too. 

3 minutes ago, Analyst82 said:

Was that only me or cooper was actually fist pumping for a dirty hit? Are you kidding me? You going to embrace that type of garbage? 

My thoughts exactly. Martel was playing well, but I can't see how you can fist-bump a guy after a dirty head shot like that. Don't condone that kind of trash move. Some kind of leadership Cooper demonstrates.

Archived