The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Tampa Bay Lightning at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 18, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Getting REAL sick of this two bit league that fails to address the senseless slaughter of players.

Stech does NOT deserve that.  He's a hustler, a warrior...but that was just a punk ass move.

It had BETTER be looked at.

Better be.

The team did respond as a team.  You can tell that they're in this for each other, not just "self".  I, too, wish they'd sort of lost it at the end when they'd lost.  Just give a few real good shots...run them to let them know.

But they did respond and TB could have lost that one as easily as fluking out a win.  Hate them.  GTHO of here and don't come back. 

I've always been a huge fan of Stecher love his game and character so this makes me pretty sad to see such a great young kid take a garbage ruthless cheap shot like that and in that kind of shape like he was after the dirty hit.

Really hope like hell Stecher's going to be ok and not out for long and this not turn out to be a Baertschi like injury and have all those symptoms for so long after.

1 minute ago, The Big Luongo said:

I've always been a huge fan of Stecher love his game and character so this makes me pretty sad to see such a great young kid take a garbage ruthless cheap shot like that and in that kind of shape like he was after the dirty hit.

Really hope like hell Stecher's going to be ok and not out for long and this not turn out to be a Baertschi like injury and have all those symptoms for so long after.

I agree 100%.

Some guys run around, chirping and chipping but Stech is a straight up clean player.  Works his tail off and, despite being small, plays big.

To see him slammed with a dirty blind side is horrible.  To have it virtually ignored...adds insult to the injury.  Some guys deserve to have their head on a swivel...he certainly doesn't

This mickey mouse league is a joke.  Still.  Should bring Bertuzzi back while we're at it, just to even things up.

6 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I mean it's nice and all to say "hope Stech is okay" but he's not okay.  

How the refs didn't give him 5 minutes and a game is beyond me.  

Dan O'Rourke and Reid Anderson should have to go in front of a judge and explain their reasoning.  

Fixed.

9 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

We can blame the refs all we want (and they were bad) but the Canucks going 0 for 6 on the PP that included a 5 on 3 was the difference. 

Agreed.

It was most players having good effort and wanting it bad but clearly just not being sharp enough to capitalize that lost this game and that happens to every team.

Just too bad it had to be tonight against these assholes and those complete idiot Calgarian refs as one poster pointed out.

This is top team ref treatment where they get favourable calls most nights unfortunately and another clear cut case where the league completely fails at protecting the good people that play the game and their futures after their career is over. 

Archived