The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Tampa Bay Lightning at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 18, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

20 minutes ago, Analyst82 said:

Was that only me or cooper was actually fist pumping for a dirty hit? Are you kidding me? You going to embrace that type of garbage? 

Nah. He was fist bumping him because he got jumped by Guddy and Virt (rightfully so). That was after he came out of the box.

That non call on the Goldy chance right before stamkos scored the 4th goal was pathetic and may have affected the outcome. And obviously the two minute interference instead of a five and the game for the cheap shot on stech. I guess the league butt-kissers will give us the old they're only human crap.

"That was a hell of a hockey game. We're playing a team that first overall in the league and I thought we stood in there toe-to-toe. After the 2nd I said I love how we're playing. Love how we're sticking up for each other and how we're playing but we have to channel it. We had chances. He made some good saves, he's a good goalie. I was enjoying this game tonight. I told our group, 'you gotta love playing in these games.' If you don't like playing when it gets intense, you're probably not going to be much of a winning hockey player in the NHL. I don't think you have to ask Rou more than half a time to fight. I think he thought it was going to be a fight and he got his gloves off quick there." - Green

13 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

Tanev his partner is needed on the ice as much as possible especially against teams like Tampa and dangerous Pouliot on the bench as much as possible and Edler on the PP.

Edler gets played so much sometimes I feel sorry for him you can see his legs giving out he's so tired and he falls around the ice quite a bit.

Really unfortunately there's no way around it until they finally do right and bring up someone from Utica or make a trade to strengthen the right side.

Give Hutty more time on the 1PP. rest eddy for 5v5 and the Pk. as long as its not him sitting in the box, i think that could help a bit.

Heck of a game by the Canucks. Many picked them to be last in the league this year.

It is late December and they are near .500 hockey. They played the best team in the league tonight and played them hard. A couple better bounces and they could have won.

A big night for team mates sticking up for each other. Guddy, Virt, and Hutton all throwing some punches after Stecher gets suckered and concussed. Refs were a joke...like they are many games.

Edler has a very good game and great scoring chances. Played hard minutes.

Beagle and Roussel both played great. Suck that haters of the signings. 

Boeser and Petey could have had better games. Neither did much tonight other than Boeser stepping in after Petey was hit even though Boeser knows he isn't a fighter. That kind of things means alot to his team mates. 

On to the next one. Proud of the team tonight. I wish a few more tampa teeth coulda got knocked out but I liked the ferocity of the Canucks.

21 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Fun game. Wish we got a better result, but Tampa is the best team in the league. We are close, but aren't there yet. Still, this game left me encouraged.

I really hate this comment.

Fun for Stech?

And I'm sick of the "best team in the league".  That's decideed at the end of the year, not the middle.  If we're not there yet, neither are they.  The Tampa worship is a little premature.  And, for me, nauseating.

Anyone notice Stamkos trying to rough up The Bo in the third? Bo must have gotten to him. But we need Sutter back. Tampa rolled 4 lines, we shortened the bench. Sutter back will release The Bo and give us 2 offensive lines like Tampa.

Like Rousell and Beagle, worth every penny right now. 

Hutton growing before our eyes.

Love The Brock standing up for EP.

poor Jake isn’t gonna sleep tonight, replaying that break away over and over. But he was a force!

Get well Stetch! Your team didn’t let you down!

I love this team!

8 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

We can blame the refs all we want (and they were bad) but the Canucks going 0 for 6 on the PP that included a 5 on 3 was the difference. 

I don't think anyone is blaming the refs for the score. That's what it is. Most are blaming the refs for poorly...nah..... completely devoid of all sense and waking mental capacity of a snail pathetically blowing calls that were physical infractions that clearly caused injury. 

NHL officiating is comprised of useless skinbags. 

13 minutes ago, cory40 said:

It was sad to see Stetcher hit like that. It was even more of a joke to see only a 2 minute penalty! referee's are a complete joke. Maybe both refs need a suspension! Why can't refs review dirty plays? That was a game changing moment!

This really p*sses me off! They could have made that possible TWO F***ing decades back! The league will say"Oh we don't wanna take out the human-element..."

BUllSH*T! They don't want an accurate system, that is harder to rig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Nilsson thanks but no thanks.  Looking forward to moving on from this fsiled experiment.

Anyone who is feeling nostalgic ask yourself this question, would you like to see the Canucks have great goaltending? 

I don't disagree and yes, I'd like us to have great goaltending. 

But Nilsson wasn't the problem tonight. He played well and a team full of all-stars beat him. If our pp would've got a couple we'd all be pumping Nilly's tires for beating the best team in the league twice this year. 

Archived