The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Tampa Bay Lightning at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 18, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

Getting REAL sick of this two bit league that fails to address the senseless slaughter of players.

Stech does NOT deserve that.  He's a hustler, a warrior...but that was just a punk ass move.

It had BETTER be looked at.

Better be.

The team did respond as a team.  You can tell that they're in this for each other, not just "self".  I, too, wish they'd sort of lost it at the end when they'd lost.  Just give a few real good shots...run them to let them know.

But they did respond and TB could have lost that one as easily as fluking out a win.  Hate them.  GTHO of here and don't come back. 

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

BS.

Keep hitting that way kid and your health and duration in the league will go quickly.

We'll see if he still feels that way after watching the replay. Guys don't stay down on the ground for 2 minutes after a shoulder-to-shoulder hit. Give your head a shake, Martel. I think he should get 2 games.

6 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

30:04 mins ice time for Edler!

Green is going to break him if that keeps up. 

Tanev his partner is needed on the ice as much as possible especially against teams like Tampa and dangerous Pouliot on the bench as much as possible and Edler on the PP.

Edler gets played so much sometimes I feel sorry for him you can see his legs giving out he's so tired and he falls around the ice quite a bit.

Really unfortunately there's no way around it until they finally do right and bring up someone from Utica or make a trade to strengthen the right side.

1 minute ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Forgot Hutton sticking up for Boeser 

Yeh, with Boeser's wrist issues not wanting to see him punching someone, especially if he hits a helmet or other hard plastic.  

Loved the response from the Canucks tonight, that was so much fun to watch!  Don't really care that they lost, thrilled that they stood up for each other.  

Game was close for a while, but this Tampa team is sooooo... GOOD.

I have defense envy... watching Victor Hedman.  In my opinion one of the best if not THE best D-man in the league.  He is what every Stanley Cup contender has to have... a real #1 defenseman who can do anything... play physical, play stay at home D, go end to end, play the Quarterback... its all there.

And this new kid Sergachev is really impressive as well.  Not to mention Stralman who just keeps on taking care of business... another Tanev, but probably better.

The good news was the Canucks did have many good chances, and it was tight for a while... but then Tampa could have had another 4 goals.  The firepower on the Tampa forward lines is just scary... when you realize Stamkos is on the second line... then it is clear this is a powerhouse team.  What impresses me the most is the passing... all the lines just click, all the passes are right on the tape, and so creative and innovative... the open players are constantly moving to open slots then a pass, then again to the next guy who has moved to his open spot.

Chickensh*t hit by Martel on Stecher... really hoping for a suspension... glad to see the Canucks did make it clear to Martel this was unacceptable.

Not a suprise to see a loss... on to the next game.

It was sad to see Stetcher hit like that. It was even more of a joke to see only a 2 minute penalty! referee's are a complete joke. Maybe both refs need a suspension! Why can't refs review dirty plays? That was a game changing moment!

I mean it's nice and all to say "hope Stech is okay" but he's not okay.  

How the refs didn't give him 5 minutes and a game is beyond me.  

Dan O'Rourke and Reid Anderson should have to go in front of a camera and explain their reasoning.  

Archived