The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 22, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If there aren't consistent standards, there really aren't any standards.

the rcmp took the route the nhl's taking "hire anybody"

2 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

We need to meat and potatoes if we are to have success against them on the playoffs.  We could end up the underdogs, right where we want them.  

that's what minnesota thought last year in the playoffs

We need some line brawls after every obviously dirty non call. Benning, please goon-up this year, our young stars need some protection and the league doesn't care. Treat the W as a secondary objective as this year should be about development and team.

Watching the condensed game replay, I don't think there's one highlight of a Canuck taking a shot in the slot or infront of the net until the last 30 seconds of the game, looks like the Jets were to physically strong for the Canucks and kept them to the outside for all the whole game. Canucks are just not strong enough to drive to the net against a playoff team, need bigger and stronger players.

This game is a prime example of why the NHL will always be the lowest rated pro sport 

the league is run by an old boys club of owners that refuses to manage in a modern way 

there is zero accountability for officials and the idiots figure throwing out 2 incompetent refs would solve their officiating problems. 

They ruined a fantastic effort by the Canucks last night and left the fans felling angry and robbed 

great job NHL, that’s sure to grow the game 

15 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

What high stick?

image.png.a08e1a4b6afe3af34b817a3bc6833459.png

Four clowns can huddle In an instant conference ti discuss a puck over the glass yet 4 clowns miss that ??? When it involved the puck carrier??? 

Take you pick a) pure incompetence b) game management c) motte is not Crosby or McDavid d) all of the above 

and the league spouts about player protection

for now on boys it has to be vigilante justice, we need to send our ow message to other teams....we see the refs are not capable of enforcing any rules  

10 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Four clowns can huddle In an instant conference ti discuss a puck over the glass yet 4 clowns miss that ??? When it involved the puck carrier??? 

Take you pick a) pure incompetence b) game management c) motte is not Crosby or McDavid d) all of the above 

and the league spouts about player protection

for now on boys it has to be vigilante justice, we need to send our ow message to other teams....we see the refs are not capable of enforcing any rules  

Unfortunately this will be quickly mitigated when they call everything against us and give us suspensions for less minor offenses. I don't know what we have to do to get into the good books of the NHL, but at same time, I don't really want to know what those teams did to get into the good books either.

9 hours ago, burrardstreetbullies said:

yea its hard for him to stop that shot when tanev once again was out in the parking lot he was so far out of position.   can anyone make a graph of the goals that have gone in on the right side of markstrom this year?

Jets took a huge risk having Buff jump in on the play late in a 0-0 and it caught us off gaurd

can’t hep but think the non call wasn’t still on their minds 

Marky amd Tanev were warriors that game amd you are clueless pinning a 60 minute game on those two 

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Unfortunately this will be quickly mitigated when they call everything against us and give us suspensions for less minor offenses. I don't know what we have to do to get into the good books of the NHL, but at same time, I don't really want to know what those teams did to get into the good books either.

I honestly think it’s pure incompetence more than a “fix is in” 

fire the worst 50 percent refs, I know it will be hard to stop at 50 percent!!! Then go back to a 1 ref system and hold that ref accountable. If he or she sucks, fire them 

you are welcome NHL 

3 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Apparently cross checks to the head are now legal.

If that's the standard going forward, I hope the Canucks take it to heart. 

The league did recently fine and suspend Dunn and Khaira respectively for crosschecks to the head. Khaira's one was worse and in retaliation. I would say this instance would be closer to Dunn's, but at the same time I think Chairot was going for a high hit and the stick hit him in the head carelessly, so it should've been a penalty at the very least.

10 hours ago, kurtis said:

Yah he sucks. He can't steal a game. Never has never will. 

And yet Laurent Brossoit (who?) can in a game in which his team was dominated and make 40 saves for the shutout; but Marky cant with almost half that workload. Go figure.

g

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

This game is a prime example of why the NHL will always be the lowest rated pro sport 

the league is run by an old boys club of owners that refuses to manage in a modern way 

there is zero accountability for officials and the idiots figure throwing out 2 incompetent refs would solve their officiating problems. 

They ruined a fantastic effort by the Canucks last night and left the fans felling angry and robbed 

great job NHL, that’s sure to grow the game 

Especially when you have some of the budding future "best" in the league being subjected to this crap.  How deflating for them!   To come out with that kind of effort but be handicapped by refs who refuse to do their jobs.

Refs aren't there to negotiate whether or not penalties are to be assessed...they're to assess them when infractions happen.  Even the fact that they discuss things with one bench or another during the process of decision making.  What's to discuss?  Either you saw an infraction or you didn't.  The hit on Jake, Brock and Motte.  It's disgusting.

Those arguing that "good teams battle through it" - not every bloody game.   They battle through penalties they've deserved, not ones that the other team is guilty of but are being ignored.   It begins to erode  the trust in the game and seriously compromises the integrity of it all.  When you give your best effort and it's a scoreless game, one team should NOT be gifted freebies and mulligans.  Allowed to start playing dirty to up the ante.  It's total crap.   Imagine if it was Roussel doing that to them?  Ha.  Such an uneven playing field.  The top teams should not get extra help - they have to earn that label honestly.

I am so proud of this team and what they are doing out there.  I just wish they could play in a league that supported them.  We've had to deal with this for far too long and it's not a secret anymore.   What happens is this creates an atmosphere of wanting to seek revenge (ha, funny that spellcheck decided to switch it up to "revenue"...hmmm) and justice.  The refs should be the ones who provide that relief, but maybe a Bertuzzi down the road will. happen again.  The league has a chance to intervene and de-escalate these sorts of exchanges and when they fail to, they're negligent.  Seems that was all for nothing and he was a sacrificial lamb in a league that wanted to provide lip service and pretend they cared but really just wants to keep the status quo.  Easier to manage things.

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I honestly think it’s pure incompetence more than a “fix is in” 

fire the worst 50 percent refs, I know it will be hard to stop at 50 percent!!! Then go back to a 1 ref system and hold that ref accountable. If he or she sucks, fire them 

you are welcome NHL 

While I agree that refs can miss calls and make mistakes, but plays like the ones where Baertschi gets a concussion and Stecher as well that could be looked at after the fact and not even a hearing is had makes me believe something is wrong with the system intentional or not.

The high stick last night was a blown call, but like a poster said, if they can huddle and discuss a puck over the glass, how did 4 officials miss that play? If it was Roussel that it happened to, I get the reputation call, but Motte seems to be an honest player and shouldn't have that rep.

10 hours ago, sedin26 said:

Can't be blamed here - not his fault at all and he's been playing really well

Yes he has - but if your team needs to win a 1-0 goaltending duel, Markstrom just cant seem to pull it off. Shutouts are out of the question.

Archived