The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 22, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

2011 should be a lesson to our team as to why you can’t rely on a reffing call to turn the game around in your favour. 1 missed power play that may or may not of resulted in anything has no outcome on the game . It should be more like the Untouchables, if they bring a knife, we bring a gun.

I would first of all like to congratulate the Referees... whoever had a big bet in Vegas on the Jets, nice job on making sure the bet paid off.  :rolleyes:

The Canucks should have had a man advantage in the last 2 minutes of the game, instead they had nothing and along with all the rest of the cheap shots, hacks, headshots, blindsides, etc. the Jets were dishing out all game, the high sticking/cross check to the head of Motte was ignored.

On the positive side, was a great effort by the Canucks, and they can take some satisfaction out of knowing they were the better team.  (if only the Refs were willing to acknowldge that)

And of course, we had to listen the Hacks Night in Canada crew make excuses for the Jets behaviour, and try to throw some shade over what was a goon performance.  What a chickensh*t piece of cr*p Louie Debrusk is, the hit happened right in front of him but he didn't have the honesty to call it for what it was.  And not to mention the creepy persona that is Nick Kypreos, who tried to suggest it was all good... along with the Hrudey, who tried to put the blame for the loss on the Canucks instead of even mentioning the non-call.

If that happened in Toronto to a Leaf player, the whole Studio crew would be calling for a League investigation... but in Vancouver... no.

These same pieces of sh*t are there instead of John and John, who maybe homies, but they will readily acknowledge when a Canuck makes an error or does something uncalled for.

I think I need to get a subscription to another cable service which will give me alternate commentators and play by play, because these pukes are making me nauseous.

51 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Our team played great. One of our best games of the year. Tough game to lose tonight but I'm happy with how we played." - Green

Canucks dominated the Jets, made them look like chumps.  Canucks know it, Jets know it, everyone saw it.  Jets were on the ropes all night and didn't even deserve a single point.  Jake was possibly the most dominant -- 5 SOG, 5 hits, 2 blocks, 1 takeaway, and constantly a threat.

Team's coming together very nicely, not only their play but the way they're standing up for each other now.  Bringing Baertschi and Sutter back shortly and with an easier schedule ahead should start yielding more and more positive results. 

19 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hughes is LH and he will take time.  He's not going to come in and be a top 4 Dman right away..

How do you know? people said the same thing about Petey and after couple of months he already the best player on the nucks. Dont shortchange Hughes, especially when our best D man is Edler or Tanev lol. Hughes will probably play 20 minutes on our team since we dont have a top pairing D. Tanev and Edler are more like 2nd pairing in this league while the rest are either 3rd pairing D or Ahlers or ECHLers like Del Zotto

4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Canucks dominated the Jets, made them look like chumps.  Canucks know it, Jets know it, everyone saw it.  Jets were on the ropes all night and didn't even deserve a single point.  Jake was possibly the most dominant -- 5 SOG, 5 hits, 2 blocks, 1 takeaway, and constantly a threat.

Team's coming together very nicely, not only their play but the way they're standing up for each other now.  Bringing Baertschi and Sutter back shortly and with an easier schedule ahead should start yielding more and more positive results. 

Looking at the upcoming schedule. I am thinking if they play like the last 8 games, they will make it!

4 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

How do you know? people said the same thing about Petey and after couple of months he already the best player on the nucks. Dont shortchange Hughes, especially when our best D man is Edler or Tanev lol. Hughes will probably play 20 minutes on our team since we dont have a top pairing D. Tanev and Edler are more like 2nd pairing in this league while the rest are either 3rd pairing D or Ahlers or ECHLers like Del Zotto

Very valid point. And out of being a Canuck fan for 40 years, I havn't been as high as I am for Elias and Hughes for any player other than Pavel! I am happy we got Hughes and in a year or two the debate will be "Should have hughes gone first over all?" And if that's the case I am 3 for 4 Nedved would be a big loss as I was also high on him! 

I have lost all respect for Corey Hirsch. What the hell was that crap he was spouting after the game about the Canucks not good enough to get calls like blindside hits and sticks to the face? I did not know that was part of the rule book- only good teams get the benefit of calls going their way. What a complete @$$hat. 

The missed calls on Boeser and Motte were obscene. Sick of this crap. No, it did not cost the Canucks the game but it proves that a) NHL officiating is awful and b) the league does not actually care about player safety.

4 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Hughes doesn't have a defensive awareness to his game to be a top 4 in NHL right away. Hell take couple of years.. 

EP is very responsible on the D side.  It's all offense for Hughes.

As Jeff Blashill said, you can get away with it in college but you won't in the NHL.

Jim Benning recently said his team needs the exact same player I've been saying we need all year.  RH Dman who can walk the line...

42 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya i noticed EP not having energy past 3 games for sure. 

I was thinking maybe hes battling a cold.  He definitely needs the rest..

The 11 game stretch where they played every other night he was wore down and not very affective. This stretch I noticed his ice time drop a few minutes. Coach Green knows!

The upcoming schedule is a cake walk compared to the first half. My dad used to say "Its the NHL's way to eliminate Canadian Hockey teams from the play-offs" I see it, butman am I impressed with what I am seeing, they have been on a tear, And if you hide the 11 game stretch they are no where near as bad as their record says!  

Archived