The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] NY Islanders @ Vancouver Canucks, HNIC 7pm Feb 23,2019

Zigmund.Palffy

can sports teams ban the media from talking to players and just have a team representative or coach/management person field questions. All the lame reporters do is ask boneheaded questions to players, who need to be focused on the game not the idiots with the microphone who need to write or twit an article for their employer

54 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PREGAME | Nikolay Goldobin

Wow.. is that Patterson asking those questions?..   I think after his 3 rd doom and gloom question If I were Goldy I would have asked him:  “what hole did you crawl out of with your negative attitude?”

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Wow.. is that Patterson asking those questions?..   I think after his 3 rd doom and gloom question If I were Goldy I would have asked him:  “what hole did you crawl out of with your negative attitude?”

Vancouver tire fire media....Got to be a fool if you dont think players talk amongst themselves and that plays a bit of a factor in players signing here July 1. Sure if you over pay guys like Gagner, Eriksson etc they will sign. If I was a pro athlete as much as I would love to play for my hometown Canucks I would either tell the reporter off and go on a rant and likely get fined. or I would just altogether not want to play in a market where if you miss a pass or back check or dont do something your name gets thrown out in the media for days.

Eff that!! These guys just want to play hockey, ban the media!!!

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm excepting the Islanders to win.

That being said you know this is a game, like the last SJ game, where the Canucks are going to bring a good effort against a superior team, after losing to a team they should have beat. I'll say 4-3 Islanders. Hopefully its a fun one.

Any idea who's on after hours tonight? 

Sam Gagner

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Goldobin-Horvat-Leivo

Spooner-Pettersson-Boeser

Granlund-Gaudette-MacEwen

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte

Schaller

Hutton-Stecher

Sautner-Gudbranson

Pouliot-Biega

Edler-Schenn

*Roussel is not on the ice*

Sautner's 7th NHL game and already he's lining up in the top 4.  Probably says more about Pouliot

35 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I used to like Patterson but that was a couple of years ago.  A person can think those things, we all do, but he's messing with the guys head.  Shut the *** up Jeff.

I would love it if Goldy solved the riddle.  And I think Benning would too.  He has all the skill, just squeezing his stick.  Says he has nerves.

13 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

I just took a breeze through the Canucks games that were played between November and up until last game. I did this because I realized that the PP, Petterssons scoring rate and all in all, the teams record has wavered ever since Leivo has been put in the first line/PP ( I know spooner was in the top line vs the yotes) and Goldobin being sat more frequently.

From what I discovered, there IS a correlation with Goldobin being on the first line, being on the first unit PP, the Canucks have a pretty good winning record. I looked through each game, stat sheets and most of the memorable games we've had this season or when the team scores 3-4 + goals, Goldobin has been in the lineup. You guys can look at it for yourselves, but its fact that this team is better with Goldobin in the lineup getting big minutes. I know his work ethic and has been defensively questioned, the fact we are getting wins with him i would think is the be all and all. Thats not a knock on Leivo, its still a great trade, but right now, we aren't winning games and scoring as it is, the PP has gone stale, they need to give Goldy a serious run . As much we want to say Goldy just rode Petterssons coattails, keep in mind EP40 isn't scoring a lot these days with Leivo getting a lot of favorable minutes

I watched Elias's year highlights so far and I noticed the same thing. He does bring an element in tight that has gone un noticed because of his lack luster play with out the puck. But their are several highlights of him making great passes or plays. Problem is he can't set up the power play. He can't skate with the puck on the power play but he can be a useful piece once the power play is set up. THis could probably fall on the defense and their lack of mobility. Their lack of moving the puck when the wingers are skating. Early in the year the Canucks were playing with speed and sometimes reckless hockey. The change since November hasn't been as much Goldy as it has been defense first. It basically killed the excitement we were witnessing in the early parts of the season. This is on coaching. They replaced exciting hockey with safe don't make a mistake hockey. We seldom forecheck and usually we wait until we lose the lead to open it up. We sit back on leads and try and milk the point out of the game. We played better in October and November because they allowed the players to play. The players are just to scared to make a mistake.  The speed that was noticed in the early going has been completely wiped out of the game. So to think its Goldy maybe he adds something. But for my money its on transition from our end to the neutral zone with speed.

Archived