The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] NY Islanders @ Vancouver Canucks, HNIC 7pm Feb 23,2019

Zigmund.Palffy

For all we know Edler might be saying " give me 4 years, I'll take a discount, and I would be OK with Seattle claiming me if not protected"

And if insistent that he ends his career with us he can always let Seattle know that he would retire if claimed

7 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

I just took a breeze through the Canucks games that were played between November and up until last game. I did this because I realized that the PP, Petterssons scoring rate and all in all, the teams record has wavered ever since Leivo has been put in the first line/PP ( I know spooner was in the top line vs the yotes) and Goldobin being sat more frequently.

From what I discovered, there IS a correlation with Goldobin being on the first line, being on the first unit PP, the Canucks have a pretty good winning record. I looked through each game, stat sheets and most of the memorable games we've had this season or when the team scores 3-4 + goals, Goldobin has been in the lineup. You guys can look at it for yourselves, but its fact that this team is better with Goldobin in the lineup getting big minutes. I know his work ethic and has been defensively questioned, the fact we are getting wins with him i would think is the be all and all. Thats not a knock on Leivo, its still a great trade, but right now, we aren't winning games and scoring as it is, the PP has gone stale, they need to give Goldy a serious run . As much we want to say Goldy just rode Petterssons coattails, keep in mind EP40 isn't scoring a lot these days with Leivo getting a lot of favorable minutes

Tell that to Green who would rather worry about Goldy sitting while playing Pouliot night after night 

all about coach favourites 

Hope Goldy goes somewhere else and lights it up 

6 hours ago, DS4quality said:

Just putting this out here but since pouliot started playing with Biega and not Gudbranson he's played significantly better. I mean he's not amazing but he's ok. 

Aside from the costly penalty I thought they were both very good the other night

20 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Ok. What is the rating and number thing in the lineup?  I’ve been looking at it all year and didn’t clue in at all.  Haha

They are supplied to ‘dailyface-off.com’ where posters are getting the jersey graphics, by https://www.corsicahockey.com/

Leivo-Horvat-Motte 

Will outskate and outwork 

Spooner-Petey-Boeser 

I haven’t seen Spooner play, but from what I heard of him, this will be an offensive powerhouse of a line. I’d be worried about them defensively but we’ll see. 

Roussel-Gaud-Granny 

i love this line. You have the muscle in Roussel, whos been on fire as of late, the defensive centre in Gaud himself, and a more 200 foot player who wants/needs to redeem himself. 

Loui-Beagle-Schaller 

Schaller back in. Oh boy. 

I expect at least one goal from the Petey line, and the third line to be our best tonight. 

I’m going to the game so let’s get a win for the boys!

20 hours ago, combover said:

5-2 islanders.

Some how poo - the pylon - a lot  keeps getting ice time gifted even thou he makes more mistakes than Goldie who gets scratched.  

Bold prediction a Pooalot brain fart leads to an islander goal. Most likely a tying  goal or game winner. However he doesn’t miss a shift.

but atleast we might have an injured 33 year old resigned and watching lol.#vetranleadership. 

Did a better option all of a sudden appear for us?  

11 hours ago, Dr.BRR said:

Hoping for a good performance. Marky needs to stand tall to protect our D and our young bucks need to put this team on their backs. Really hope Roussel and Bo get put on a line together. 

Agreed. Markstrom is the only reason the Canucks are still in the playoff hunt at this point. I feel bad for him sometimes, standing on his head game after game to keep it close while the D core flounders in front of him and the forwards can't seem to make a pass let alone score a goal. I've been noticing a lot lately how much the team struggles to make a pass out of their zone and how it frequently results in an unforced give away. I question the players positioning, they always seem to be so spread out, and just rarely in sync. Is this the way TG wants them to play? If so it clearly isn't working, perhaps it's time to try something else?

Last game Horvat and Rousell played really well together. They were the best line on the ice. Very surprised to see TG split them back up for this game.

Archived