The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] NY Islanders @ Vancouver Canucks, HNIC 7pm Feb 23,2019

Zigmund.Palffy

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Those are really good points. But I think the players have to share the blame too. Horvat even said they have been playing a tighter game lately because they all don't want to make mistakes, they are focusing so hard on trying to make the playoffs. I think they are over stressed as a young group right now, but it's up to them to learn to get past the hump and quit clutching on things. Peteys shot looks off right now, teams are keying on him hard now, he's been making more mistakes on the power play lately too. The time and space to make plays is getting tighter and tighter as we near the playoffs. All good things to learn how to persevere from. They will be better for it in the long run. Hopefully they loosen up a bit as you said, the results will follow. 

I think you will see some stress come off once Edler returns. He has that calming effect on the team. He is way more valuable to the team in that department than Sutter or Tanev.

The finger for the change of style is, almost completely, on the injury situation......as it was last year and the year before.  

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Vancouver tire fire media....Got to be a fool if you dont think players talk amongst themselves and that plays a bit of a factor in players signing here July 1. Sure if you over pay guys like Gagner, Eriksson etc they will sign. If I was a pro athlete as much as I would love to play for my hometown Canucks I would either tell the reporter off and go on a rant and likely get fined. or I would just altogether not want to play in a market where if you miss a pass or back check or dont do something your name gets thrown out in the media for days.

Eff that!! These guys just want to play hockey, ban the media!!!

Stupid questions by reporters would not even factor into a hockey players mind when deciding where they play. Like not even a bit....

That is just silly.

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Stupid questions by reporters would not even factor into a hockey players mind when deciding where they play. Like not even a bit....

That is just silly.

If it were even remotely true could the Rangers even ice a team with that idiot Brooks there? 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

If it were even remotely true could the Rangers even ice a team with that idiot Brooks there? 

I think Petey has the right idea. If it is a stupid question then just stare at them like you think their some sort of idiot.

5 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I think Paterson has a disability. Is that ok to say nowadays. I know I can't use the work retarded.

Political correctness has gone awry!  

re·tard·ed

Dictionary result for retarded

/rəˈtärdəd/
adjective

1. DATEDOFFENSIVE
    less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.

Seems like it should be fine to call paterson retarded. Because it sounds like he is when he speaks.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

I'd flip Boes and Gaudette.  AG gets down closer to the net than Boes, who is the definition of perimeter on the pp.  Plus, it gives a boost to the second pp.

Give Petey and Bo the option to play the full 2 minutes (if they're not tired) and just go with Stecher Boes and Leivo on PP1, and Hutton Spooner/Goldobin and Gaudette on PP2

1 minute ago, DontFockWithBrock said:

Give Petey and Bo the option to play the full 2 minutes (if they're not tired) and just go with Stecher Boes and Leivo on PP1, and Hutton Spooner/Goldobin and Gaudette on PP2

it certainly would be an option.  

4 minutes ago, DontFockWithBrock said:

Didnt we do that with Mogilny? 1st pp on the 1/2 wall and second unit manning the point, on for the whole power play?

1 minute ago, appleboy said:

Benning should go to Ottawa and make an offer. Stone and Shabot for Hughes,OJ and our first and second.   As long as we can sign Stone to an extension.  Eight years at 9 mil.

We will throw in Dahlen.

Benning has already said he's not trading futures or picks. 

Archived