The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Panarin Interested in Vancouver

SuitnTie

37 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Of course it does. Acquilini wants playoffs next year.

Not so much on Panarin though. He has Canada a no Fly list.

I find it hard to believe Vancouver is more preferable to Toronto or Montreal if he had to pick a place in Canada.

Canucks should have roughly around 15 million to spend.

If they could get rid of Sutter or Gudbranson or Eriksson even resting a bit of salary to do it.

It might be worth it.

Pipe dream though probably.

I think Petey has a lot to do with it. Superstars attract other superstars

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

What are you talking about? They took Nicklas Jensen in the 1st round 29th overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

Kucherov went in the second round.

Craig Button talked about how at that time the KHL was seen as threat to the NHL because they didn't have an understanding in terms of a player transfer agreement.

Lot of teams missed on guys, specifically the Canucks who publicly admitted under Mike Gillis that they had a no Russian policy due to the uncertainty of the KHL transfer agreement.

They felt the flight risk was too great to waste a draft pick on a guy who wouldn't be willing to stick it out in North America, going through the minor leagues waiting for an NHL shot. 

My bad, was thinking of 2010 when they didn’t draft til like the 4th round. Nonetheless, nearly every team passed on Kucherov seeing as he fell so low. Would’ve been a big reach to take him in the first round. 

5 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Not so much on Panarin though. He has Canada a no Fly list.

I find it hard to believe Vancouver is more preferable to Toronto or Montreal if he had to pick a place in Canada.

Said he likes Toronto and Vancouver, but he can't go to Toronto because they can't pay him.

Enter Benning and a dump truck full of money.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

My bad, was thinking of 2010 when they didn’t draft til like the 4th round. Nonetheless, nearly every team passed on Kucherov seeing as he fell so low. Would’ve been a big reach to take him in the first round. 

Not according to Craig Button, he thinks he was passed over because other teams were scared off Russians besides Tampa Bay.

Even Tampa took Namestnikov in round 1 before Kucherov.

Good to be lucky and better lucky to be good I guess.

Tampa has excellent scouting though.

Edited by Chip Kelly

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pete M said:

TG will turn him into a grinder after a few stints in the pressbox..lol

Are you kidding me? Panarin is a Travis Green type of player. He would be a perfect fit for Pettersson. He is physical winger he goes into the corner and gets the puck. He doesn't shy away from contact. Most people think he is soft and that is the furthest from the truth. He is a legit top line winger. A ton of skill and gritty... I would love to have Panarin on the Canucks.. I just don't see him coming to a team that is rebuilding.

Personally, I think he is the 3rd best winger in the league. I think it goes Kucherov, Kane, Panarin. He's the best Left winger in the league.

Edited by peaches5
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Are you kidding me? Panarin is a Travis Green type of player. He would be a perfect fit for Pettersson. He is physical winger he goes into the corner and gets the puck. He doesn't shy away from contact. Most people think he is soft and that is the furthest from the truth. He is a legit top line winger. A ton of skill and gritty... I would love to have Panarin on the Canucks.. I just don't see him coming to a team that is rebuilding.

Personally, I think he is the 3rd best winger in the league. I think it goes Kucherov, Kane, Panarin. He's the best Left winger in the league.

Ovechkin, Gaudreau, Hall, Marchand all say hi. 

5 hours ago, peaches5 said:

1. Alexander Ovechkin (He does not "need" someone setting him up, EVERYONE knows where he stands and where he shoots, yet he still scores.)
2. Brad Marchand (Whether you like him or not)
3. Johnny Gaudreau ("soft" player with 84 points this season)
4. Artemi Panarin
5. Johnathan Huberdeau

Those are my top 5 LWs in the NHL.

Edited by 5Fivehole0

4 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

1. Alexander Ovechkin (He does not "need" someone setting him up, EVERYONE knows where he stands and where he shoots, yet he still scores.)
2. Brad Marchand (Whether you like him or not)
3. Johnny Gaudreau ("soft" player with 84 points this season)
4. Artemi Panarin
5. Johnathan Huberdeau

Those are my top 5 LWs in the NHL.

He scores because if you take away Ovechkin they have John Carlson. He can rip and is one of if not the best PP quarterbacks in the league. Carlson is the most underrated player in the league. Anyway, you are proving my point by saying Ovechkin just stands there and one times it. He has always been tagged with one being dimensional. 

Brad Marchand is pest and always doing controversial things he could be a locker room problem you don’t know. He’s had off ice issues before and a lot of on ice issues. 

There are a lot of soft players that put up points. You know who isn’t soft and put up points? Panarin.

Panarin is the full package. He goes to the net. He goes to the corner. He plays defense. He plays with tenacity. He wants that puck badly and isn’t afraid to get it. He can score and pass... he is the absolute best player that could play with pettersson, no doubt.