The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linus Karlsson | C

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Is there a reason why Karlsson hasn’t suited up for team Sweden yet?

Swedish coach has just been running with 3 lines (9 forwards and 6 D-men) and has been loading those lines with his vets.  They added 2 forwards and 1 D a couple of days ago after the first playoff round so I am guessing the 2 or 3 who have been sitting out are injury spares

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Is there a reason why Karlsson hasn’t suited up for team Sweden yet?

He's not even listed on their updated roster .....

PLAYERSTEAM ROSTER
  J# NAME

6 LARSSON Adam

7 TOMMERNES Henrik

12 FRIBERG Max

17 LANG Oskar

23 EKMAN-LARSSON Oliver

26 DAHLIN Rasmus

28 BENGTSSON Anton

32 WALLMARK Lucas

42 NORDSTROM Joakim

45 HELLBERG Magnus

48 KLINGBERG Carl

54 LINDHOLM Anton

56 GUSTAFSSON Erik

62 KELLMAN Joel

63 HOGBERG Marcus

64 PUDAS Jonathan

66 AMAN Nils

72 BEMSTROM Emil

74 ASPLUND Rasmus

86 BROME Mathias

Here's the link to their IIHF site

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2022/wm/teams/roster/26806/sweden

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

PLAYERSTEAM ROSTER
  J# NAME

6 LARSSON Adam

7 TOMMERNES Henrik

12 FRIBERG Max

17 LANG Oskar

23 EKMAN-LARSSON Oliver

26 DAHLIN Rasmus

28 BENGTSSON Anton

32 WALLMARK Lucas

42 NORDSTROM Joakim

45 HELLBERG Magnus

48 KLINGBERG Carl

54 LINDHOLM Anton

56 GUSTAFSSON Erik

62 KELLMAN Joel

63 HOGBERG Marcus

64 PUDAS Jonathan

66 AMAN Nils

72 BEMSTROM Emil

74 ASPLUND Rasmus

86 BROME Mathias

Busy signing his ELC?

Ah. He's with the team, but not yet added to the official roster.  Sweden still has a goalie and 4 skater spots available to be filled and I am assuming before they add Linus they'll wait to see who might still be available from the ousted playoff teams.   Maybe they are still hoping Petey will show up.

(These 3 highlighted players below are in the list I posted earlier)

Sweden is playing with a short roster in the anticipation of NHLers. Having started with a minimum roster of 15 skaters and two goalies, the Swedes added yesterday forwards Nils Aman and Oskar Lang of Leksands IF and today added Skelleftea AIK defender Jonathan Pudas. Tre Kronor has now two goalies and 18 skaters and could still add one more goalie and up to four more skaters.

7 hours ago, Googlie said:

PLAYERSTEAM ROSTER
  J# NAME

6 LARSSON Adam

7 TOMMERNES Henrik

12 FRIBERG Max

17 LANG Oskar

23 EKMAN-LARSSON Oliver

26 DAHLIN Rasmus

28 BENGTSSON Anton

32 WALLMARK Lucas

42 NORDSTROM Joakim

45 HELLBERG Magnus

48 KLINGBERG Carl

54 LINDHOLM Anton

56 GUSTAFSSON Erik

62 KELLMAN Joel

63 HOGBERG Marcus

64 PUDAS Jonathan

66 AMAN Nils

72 BEMSTROM Emil

74 ASPLUND Rasmus

86 BROME Mathias

He's been dumped!!Scared Homer Simpson GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

We're waiting to sign a guy who isn't on the WC roster for Sweden nor is he playing for them.  He is kind of on their taxi squad...hmm.  Politics I guess.

Disappointing that he hasn't made their team. 

Get him signed and come over for camp and see how he looks.  If he's not ready too bad down to Abby.

I'm still hopeful he can be an NHL'er and produce for the Canucks, but this isn't the best.

39 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

We're waiting to sign a guy who isn't on the WC roster for Sweden nor is he playing for them.  He is kind of on their taxi squad...hmm.  Politics I guess.

Disappointing that he hasn't made their team. 

Get him signed and come over for camp and see how he looks.  If he's not ready too bad down to Abby.

I'm still hopeful he can be an NHL'er and produce for the Canucks, but this isn't the best.

Same thing happens for team Russia.

They tend to reward the older guys. Especially guys who missed the Olympics or may be getting down to their last few chances.

Karlsson is young he should get plenty of chances in the future.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Same thing happens for team Russia.

They tend to reward the older guys. Especially guys who missed the Olympics or may be getting down to their last few chances.

Karlsson is young he should get plenty of chances in the future.

I get what you are saying.

Don't forget though, EP played in the WC at 19 and again at 20.

So they will play the younger guys if they see them as really helping the team. And politics can come to play as well.

When he comes over next year, where does he play?   

Personally, whether he makes the team or not, I think a year or two in Abby should happen.  
Enough of rushing kids onto the team. 
I want him to fully develop to the best player he can be.  
If he is NHL ready, then a season or two playing every situation as the AHL teams top liner would only help more. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

When he comes over next year, where does he play?   

Personally, whether he makes the team or not, I think a year or two in Abby should happen.  
Enough of rushing kids onto the team. 
I want him to fully develop to the best player he can be.  
If he is NHL ready, then a season or two playing every situation as the AHL teams top liner would only help more. 

JR already said the young guys will overcook in Abby.  It's one of the reasons McDounnah didn't sign this spring.  He was only offered a spot in Abby.

If he is good enough to make the team, they should still keep him in Abby for a year or two? Brilliant. So take 20 or 30 percent of his NHL career and keep him in the minors cashing minor league paycheques. That should certainly earn his loyalty to the team and cause other players to really want to play here.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 5/19/2022 at 7:59 AM, Alflives said:

JR already said the young guys will overcook in Abby.  It's one of the reasons McDounnah didn't sign this spring.  He was only offered a spot in Abby.

According this senile furball^^^every player who isn't promised an NHL roster spot and is allowed to burn a year off their ELC will sign with some other team as soon as their signing rights expire.  Time to panic over Karlsson because apparently every unsigned prospect shares his lack of loyalty when it comes to signing their ELC.

6 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

According this senile furball^^^every player who isn't promised an NHL roster spot and is allowed to burn a year off their ELC will sign with some other team as soon as their signing rights expire.  Time to panic over Karlsson because apparently every unsigned prospect shares his lack of loyalty when it comes to signing their ELC.

Karlsson spfoesnt have a choice.  If he wants to play in the NHL in the next several years he must sign with us.  McDonnough has a choice.  He can wait an extra couple months, after his 22/23 college season ends, and sign as a UFA eiththe team of his choosing.  There is n reason why he shouldn’t see his options.  

Karlsson will sign with us because he has no other path to an NHL career.

These are facts.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Karlsson spfoesnt have a choice.  If he wants to play in the NHL in the next several years he must sign with us.  McDonnough has a choice.  He can wait an extra couple months, after his 22/23 college season ends, and sign as a UFA eiththe team of his choosing.  There is n reason why he shouldn’t see his options.  

Karlsson will sign with us because he has no other path to an NHL career.

These are facts.  

I see where the problem lies.  You think you know what the facts are, when if fact you don't.  So you're entirely talking out of your ass.  Canucks retain Karlsson's rights until June 1, 2022. 

Give it up.