The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanner Pearson | #70 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Citizen Erased said:

So…waive him?

Would only save us about $1M (or whatever the max amount is for guys in the AHL), so I imagine this only happens if he's genuinely not good enough to make the team.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If Tanner can make the team, he should play.  He has more value in the bottom 6, than a lot of

other players.  He might even be good enough to play alongside Miller, bringing some grit to the

line.

Beau($4.15m) is not suited for the bottom 6, so if he can't make the top 6, I hope they can trade him;

maybe giving Hogs a chance. They can still move a couple of guys to Abby as well if needed.

Kuzy   Pete   Mik

Hogs   Miller   Bo

Pears  Suter   Gar

Josh  Blue  Pods

Dries

Very interchangeable group of Ws.  Lots of lineup options. I like the lunch bucket approach.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

If Tanner can make the team, he should play.  He has more value in the bottom 6, than a lot of

other players.  He might even be good enough to play alongside Miller, bringing some grit to the

line.

Beau($4.15m) is not suited for the bottom 6, so if he can't make the top 6, I hope they can trade him;

maybe giving Hogs a chance. They can still move a couple of guys to Abby as well if needed.

Kuzy   Pete   Mik

Hogs   Miller   Bo

Pears  Suter   Gar

Josh  Blue  Pods

Dries

Very interchangeable group of Ws.  Lots of lineup options. I like the lunch bucket approach.

Garden Gnome can’t be in our bottom six. We need to wash out that Benning stain. 

• Wat 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Garden Gnome can’t be in our bottom six. We need to wash out that Benning stain. 

Isn’t Pearson also a Benning stain?

16 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

line.

Kuzy   Pete   Mik

Hogs   Miller   Bo

Pears  Suter   Gar

Josh  Blue  Pods

Dries

Where did Aman go?

3 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

Isn’t Pearson also a Benning stain?

Where did Aman go?

Right now, he's not on the (cap friendly) roster.  He will have the same chance as everyone else

at training camp, but he'll have his work cut out for him.  Being waiver exempt will make it even

harder (much like Podz).

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Your constant disrespect for Garland is getting old.  Have a look at my post in the Garland thread; maybe

you'll learn something.  Yeah, yeah...he didn't perform as well as he should; just like some of the other

players.  He is a determined little ****** so I have no doubt he will return to camp, ready to play and

will to do what needs to be done for his team.

Beau is the easiest player to be traded, due to his 1yr contract.  Even with a small retention, the remainder

cap space will make room for Pears' contract.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Your constant disrespect for Garland is getting old.  Have a look at my post in the Garland thread; maybe

you'll learn something.  Yeah, yeah...he didn't perform as well as he should; just like some of the other

players.  He is a determined little ****** so I have no doubt he will return to camp, ready to play and

will to do what needs to be done for his team.

Beau is the easiest player to be traded, due to his 1yr contract.  Even with a small retention, the remainder

cap space will make room for Pears' contract.

Even without Pearson coming back we really needed to trade one of Beauvillier/Boeser/Garland as none of them are really suited to a 3rd line role, especially now that it's going to have more of a match-up/checking center. Now if Pearson is actually close it puts that much more pressure to get it done just to be cap compliant. I also agree with you that Pearson is better suited to the 3rd line than any of the aforementioned players if actually healthy.

Beauvillier's expiring contract theoretically should make him the easiest of the 3 to move but you never know and I'm still in the boat of trading whoever they get the best return for/have to pay the least to dump.

4 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Kuzmenko

Beauvillier-Miller-Boeser

Pearson-Blueger-Garland

Podkolzin-Suter-Joshua

One or two of Aman, PDG, and Hoglander in a reserve spot. Going to be an interesting and competitive training camp for the forwards...

I would be surprised f Pearson can make any meaningful contribution to the team 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Its just a scrimmage and drills, but he looks very rusty. He looks like he has heavy skates, the skating and likely fitness is not up to par after taking a full year off of hockey.

he looks out of gas from the beginning of the recording and only has one speed, a sign of poor fitness, unfortunately that speed is also slow, bad timing as well, has waivers written all over him, or maybe he will just retire

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

I would be surprised f Pearson can make any meaningful contribution to the team 

Tocchet wants to play a fast paced north south game.. Pearson missed most of last season.. 

Pearson 31 years old now and his speed has never been good.. I don't see Pearson making the team..

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Kuzmenko

Hoglander -Miller- Boeser

Podkolzin - Blueger- Garland

Beauvillier -Suter-Joshua

Hoglander with his speed and new coach with fresh start has something to prove.. Hoglander plays with grit and speed and will have fans surprised this camp.. Hoglander GP 75 - G 18 - PTS 38

Podkolzin 22 - 6'1 -205 -- Will also be much improved and ready to take on bigger role,,,

13.Aman C/W.  14 Pearson