The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanner Pearson | #70 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 8:41 AM, chon derry said:

image.gif.0ad3fd5f27649285754bf24157e855c8.gif

Seems people here are way too hard on Pearson.

He is an excellent 3rd line player who gives a damn about the outcome. He may hve some offensive shortcomings but you can't question his effort and the fact he stands up for team mates. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GB5 said:

Seems people here are way too hard on Pearson.

He is an excellent 3rd line player who gives a damn about the outcome. He may hve some offensive shortcomings but you can't question his effort and the fact he stands up for team mates. 

I agree I think he’s underrated. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chon derry said:

I agree I think he’s underrated. 

I agree that he is under rated but also feel he should be traded. Like Miller he does not fit the timeline of this roster. Is he even skating yet? 

Edited by Boudrias
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I agree that he is under rated but also feel he should be traded. Like Miller he does not fit the timeline of this roster. Is he even skating yet? 

I’m not sure. He’s not the most aggressive player  but does stand in there. He also would appeal to a contender depth wise. 

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

This is bad news.

Hockey aside- having a defective hand can be a big problem in life.

Is it his writing hand?- good luck signing cheques, and legal papers.

Opening doors, using keys, even tearing open a pack of cup of soup, can be a pain.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Gurn said:

This is bad news.

Hockey aside- having a defective hand can be a big problem in life.

Is it his writing hand?- good luck signing cheques, and legal papers.

Opening doors, using keys, even tearing open a pack of cup of soup, can be a pain.

For sure.  May end up being career ending for him.  I know some fans don't like him on our team, but most

people wouldn't want to see a pro athlete end his career with an injury.  This being the 2nd surgery on his hand

sounds like the first didn't fix the problem.  Like you have pointed out, the use of his hand might have far worse

ramifications than his hockey career. 

Good luck with your rehab, Tanner.

• Upvote 2

I'm not convinced this is a "Canucks" issue as much as .... it happens with injuries. And surgeries don't always turn out exactly as we'd like. My family's had more botched stuff than they have successes. Truth.

I'd hope that our team has a very good medical team, but sometimes surgeries are tricky in that there are different routes that can be taken and sometimes the first "attempt" isn't adequate. It may be less invasive and the hope is that it works, but sometimes it requires follow up when it doesn't. With that, if it creates more damage then that's a problem.

Who knows.

I like Tanner and have always sung his praises. He works hard out there, seems to be a great teammate and had great energy most of the time. I hope his career doesn't reach a forced ending.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...