The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Mar. 03, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

32 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Will Boeser accept $5 mil/season deal?  

Is Hutton more then a #7 defenceman?  

Let's extend Marky! 

These are the thoughts swirling in my head after the game. 

No, No & Yes

26 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Canucks suck

LOL. You're the guy, or should I say, child, who was saying this team is right there in the playoff race and they are a legit threat. 

Keep having to remind myself the majority of this board is like 12. 

Is this considered year one of the rebuild? If so, Horvat has been wasted. The Eriksson and Beagle contracts aren't going to help. Edler for three more years won't help. We've seen three straight years of this quality of hockey. High picks help but they've whiffed on 2 of 4. It's concerning to say the least.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"He's what you want in an athlete... a player on your team. He competes. He's on his best almost every night he plays, he's a good example for all our guys." - Green on Markstrom

The only good example. How many bad ones do we have?

32 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Markstrom is lights out just now... very good...

the rest...not so good... 

It was a decent season, but injuries derailed it a couple of times. This team needs a couple of more years of seasoning.

Injuries major problem this season at horrible times of the season. Shows our debth

I'm glad I was too busy to watch this game, I was looking at the schedule a couple days ago and figured we'd be steamrolled. I'd rather us win games but losses ain't losses for me at this point. We aren't playoff material.

10 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Is it?

Is Q a good fit right now for the Canucks?  He is a coach that gives young players very, VERY short leashes.  He also has a penchant for banishing youngsters to the minors or permanently stapling them to a bench for a mistake at the wrong time. 

For a team that might be heavily relying on the development and contributions of their younger players over the next few seasons, Joel Quenneville may not be a really good fit for the team.

Just sayin'.

He did a pretty good job with a couple of high end youngsters once upon a time. Not to mention Panarin. DeBrincat, Strome, and I'm sure a handful of others over the years.

Just now, pluralsight said:

People talk about how bad our defense is in their own zone, but no one seems to mention that they contribute almost nothing offensively. 5 SOG from all our D combined this afternoon, Shea Theodore had 6 SOG on this own. 

If you were to post that, you’d be a negative Nancy. 

Its taken about 4 years for these posts to show up and not be stomped out by the cheerlead squad and the minus button. 

I’m cheering for the draft and EP, nothing else on this team. 

1 minute ago, pluralsight said:

People talk about how bad our defense is in their own zone, but no one seems to mention that they contribute almost nothing offensively. 5 SOG from all our D combined this afternoon, Shea Theodore had 6 SOG on this own. 

Yeah man, all they do is chip it out and chip it in. If they do get a pass in Ozone it's 100% gonna be dumped back into the corner. 

This is the team, unfortunately. I hope Benning swings for the fences in the off season, instead of more tinkering by signing reclamation projects. They can't expect little Hughes to save this team. Leivo, Pearson, Schaller, Spooner - I'd trade them all for 1 Top Line winger. Canucks are cheap though.  

So, was Gudbranson really the problem? 48-19 in shots is embarrassing. Markstrom was great again.  

Just now, kilgore said:

Yup,  switching him out for Green would make Eriksson into a 30 goal scorer, Sutter into a 20 goal scorer, Granlund outshining his brother, and Tanev going for the iron man title.

Or, y'know, maybe just have the team competing and putting in a better effort than the Canucks have been putting in for the last month or so.

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

If you were to post that, you’d be a negative Nancy. 

Its taken about 4 years for these posts to show up and not be stomped out by the cheerlead squad and the minus button. 

I’m cheering for the draft and EP, nothing else on this team. 

C'mon man. Boeser, Horvat and Gaudette are pretty good homegrown talent. 

I paid to watch that beat down in person.  At least the Vegas atmosphere is great.  

We refused to trade for picks in order to have a competitive atmosphere.  Yet we're getting another season of garbage.  2% chance of playoffs coming into this game.  

Isn't high picks year after year, overpaid vets on bottom lines and crappy defense the Oilers strategy?  

10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"We looked overwhelmed and did not look very good. I'm not surprised they were good. We couldn't handle them. We were not good at all tonight, good thing our goalie was. Their fourth line dominated every line we put out against them... you gotta want the puck in this kinda game. I thought we had some guys that weren't hungry enough, to be honest. I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed in our game tonight, I know our team is. I don't say that a lot but tonight we were bad, and we're gonna have to be better." - Green

That's a 10-sentence expansion of "We quit at the puck drop".

Archived