The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Mar. 03, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

There's a long ways to go for that. 

Need a top pairing.. it's difficult to get 1 top pair Dman. We need two.

Hughes is on the way so that’s one. Do we take the risk on Karlsson that his leg/ankle will be 100% by September?

Are some of you serious? 

Do you guys not realize how bad this roster is? 

What do you expect Green to do? He's been nothing more or less than average as coach.

It's like the people who thought Markstrom sucked the past few years. Like no, he was always average stuffed behind a terrible defense that gave up bad goals. Now that he's playing above average, he really sticks out as a good player but it's inconsequential.

Get a GM who knows how to put together a capable roster!

Worst performance of the season. Terrible effort.

We weren't able to come out from our blueline, no offense, too many mistakes.

The only positive thing was obviously Marky.

I never been a fan of him, but he's turnaround this season has been impressive. 

No more early goals, always focus on the game and a lot of key saves.

14 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Gutless effort 

Canucks you suck as a team and is a massive failure through top to bottom 

don’t need make to make any more excuses you incompetent management, crap coach, gutless players and crappy team logo with a stupid weak orca 

this rant is not directed at Markstrom, EP or Horvat but to everyone else in this pathetic franchise  

thank you sedins for all the great years you guys are legend stuck in a crap place. Trevor, I admire you for jumping the ship when it was the right time. Petey I am sorry you have to play on this team 

:picard:

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

80DE6F35-1443-4B2C-A2E6-3A90B496A643.gif.07ab26983efa1c93ff9df20b02455709.gif

Yup.  I’m hoping we can sink to some excellent lottery odds.  In the summer we should be letting Edler walk, and trading Tanev and Sutter for picks.  If JB doesn’t go into this June draft with at least 5 picks in the first three rounds, I say that’s a failure.  Plus, I’m seriously looking at signing EK.  We need puck moving D men who can skate well enough, and are smart enough, to get involved in the offence.  Yes, we have Hughes, and he will be great.  I’d like to see EK back there mentoring Hughes, and not Special Ed.   :sick:

For the second straight game Bulldog was our best defenseman.  Hutton was doing his impersonation of Pouliot,  turning into trouble almost every shift.  Schenn was solid if unspectacular (stats say he had 8 hits. - I don't remember any one of them).   Stetch and Sautner were passable, as in OK -  Edler was passable as in he got blown past almost every Vegas rush.

12 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's time...

AP18310530001071.jpg?itok=ki4HmDOg

Is it?

Is Q a good fit right now for the Canucks?  He is a coach that gives young players very, VERY short leashes.  He also has a penchant for banishing youngsters to the minors or permanently stapling them to a bench for a mistake at the wrong time. 

For a team that might be heavily relying on the development and contributions of their younger players over the next few seasons, Joel Quenneville may not be a really good fit for the team.

Just sayin'.

the big guns seem beat, the others were just out matched. hopefully, they put that game behind them and try to regroup for next game. a game like that must be even more demoralizing to the players than it is for the fans. not being out there with them, i don’t know what effect the total lack of ability has on their minds.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  I’m hoping we can sink to some excellent lottery odds.  In the summer we should be letting Edler walk, and trading Tanev and Sutter for picks.  If JB doesn’t go into this June draft with at least 5 picks in the first three rounds, I say that’s a failure.  Plus, I’m seriously looking at signing EK.  We need puck moving D men who can skate well enough, and are smart enough, to get involved in the offence.  Yes, we have Hughes, and he will be great.  I’d like to see EK back there mentoring Hughes, and not Special Ed.   :sick:

Assuming he signs.  If he has been watching these recent games he might just wait out his 3 years and find a better home for his talents

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

For the second straight game Bulldog was our best defenseman.  Hutton was doing his impersonation of Pouliot,  turning into trouble almost every shift.  Schenn was solid if unspectacular (stats say he had 8 hits. - I don't remember any one of them).   Stetch and Sautner were passable, as in OK -  Edler was passable as in he got blown past almost every Vegas rush.

Edler looks old and slow.  Please to God don’t resign Edler.  

Marky has answered the bell this year and has been a consumate pro and leader to this team, showing up every night.

Not many others have done the same.  Looking at the veterans to lead the ship and set the tone, but also looking at the young good players like Horvat, and Boeser to show more emotionally and determination in their game.  Haven't seen a lot of that since the all-star break. 

Injuries can be an excuse all they want for not winning, but it doesn't excuse for letting the opposition absolutely assault your goaltender all game long.  Frankly, looking for someone to respond and take some leadership besides Marky and frankly there hasn't been anyone as of yet.

I said when Edler went down that the playoffs were toast. Even at that this roster was no where close to being competitive. as a fan I am OK with that as I can look at a time line and know that this club will be competitive in 2 - 3 seasons. Again I do expect them to make the playoffs next year. Dumping on Green and some of the young talent is oversimplifying a process measured in years. 

The Canucks have never been a  strong org. Not in '82, '94 or 2011. The rebuild of this group should have started in 2012 and I suggest a lot of the reason why it did not was because ownership was reluctant to talk turkey with their fans. The org had no depth in '12 and had to move vets out in a serious way to make a future and they did not. Hard choices can alienate fans and that is too easy to do in the Vancouver market.

Fans have to be able to watch games and enjoy the positives you see. If that means admiring Marky's marked improvement into a top tender, so be it. Ignore the negatives. This is a young group and they will improve. Shortcuts will lead to a 'also ran' group that will never challenge for a CUP in a serious way. I am one of those simplistically captioned tankers. I did not expect this group to do as well as they have and yet they did. The fact that they are now struggling is to bad but not the end of the world. I wanted Benning to have one more draft where he would be picking #6 to #8 and #36 to # 38. If we are lucky he could draft 2 more potential NHL'ers. IMHO when the collegiate players make their appearance in the AHL and NHL next year we likely will be pleasantly surprised. Cheer up boys there is always tomorrow.::D     

Archived