The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 09, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

If coach Green thinks this team can make the play-offs,I would check his meds.

This team got shown what a real team is like,big, strong, skilled,not boys trying to do a mans job on defense.

Like I have stated if our goalie doesn't stand on his head we have absolutely no chance of winning .It is so obvious that we are lacking sooo much talent.

All I am going to say before I call it a night is I will continue to bleed Canuck blue and green and cheer them on - look at teams like the Red Sox and Cubs and the droughts they have weathered - real fans stick with their club thru thick and thin - keep the faith fellow CDCers

Can't blame Marky... its the D.  Edler was not as bad as some suggest... but his game was definitely a drop from the previous two.  Doesn't mean we don't sign him.

What was there to like?

Bo got another... a good thing.

Jake was skating and hitting... a good thing.

Pettersson played a better game... almost had a goal... a good thing.

I liked Boeser's game... he had some jump in the 3rd period.

Rest of the team... not so much.

Scoreboard watching tonight had my sights on Columbus out east and San Jose regionally.

Columbus came into the league in 2000 under the old long standing traditional draft, in 2019 they contend for a wild card.

San Jose came in 1991 with the same rules  (as Columbus, Nashville and Atlanta in 1999)  and are in a strong position to make it to a second SCF appearance, though LV Knights may STAND in there way.

Last years Stanley Cup Champions the Capitals arrived in 1974  winning in their second SCF appearance.

Seattle arrives in 2021 and Vegas has their entire roster protected in the draft!

The Canucks were humiliated tonight and soon we could possibly find ourselves trailing in a head to head match up with our rivals in Seattle by 2025 as they go deep or deeper into the playoffs than our Canucks.

I don't like it!

This is what happens to teams that constantly need help and then get shafted time and time again at that stupid LOTTO DRAFT.

We could really use a break in the luck department to be able to get some much needed talent.Can't score Can't defend,,yes we could use a bit of luck.

Where would this team be if we didn't have that 5th pick Petey turning out the way he did,I shudder to think.

By the way, I like Cassie Campbell... and I think she should get a chance as an analyst before a lot of CBC regulars.

BUT.

If the crew has two in addition to John, then the 3rd should be John Garrett... especially in Vancouver.

What is the bias against John Garrett... for a hometown game????

Yeah he is a homer, but so are the fawning freaks they use in Toronto for the Leafs home games or in Calgary for the Flames.

Give John a chance and stop with the anti-Vancouver bias.

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

Scoreboard watching tonight had my sights on Columbus out east and San Jose regionally.

Columbus came into the league in 2000 under the old long standing traditional draft, in 2019 they contend for a wild card.

San Jose came in 1991 with the same rules  (as Columbus, Nashville and Atlanta in 1999)  and are in a strong position to make it to a second SCF appearance, though LV Knights may STAND in there way.

Last years Stanley Cup Champions the Capitals arrived in 1974  winning in their second SCF appearance.

Seattle arrives in 2021 and Vegas has their entire roster protected in the draft!

The Canucks were humiliated tonight and soon we could possibly find ourselves trailing in a head to head match up with our rivals in Seattle by 2025 as they go deep or deeper into the playoffs than our Canucks.

I don't like it!

Yup, I hate/hated the new expansion draft rules. I'm surprised the owners voted for that $&!#.

Guess all they saw was the money.

I'm not sure about Vegas, but I bet a lot of Seattle fans will feel guilty about their good fortune.

Reward without struggle or sacrifice is empty, shallow and sad.

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Yup, I hate/hated the new expansion draft rules. I'm surprised the owners voted for that $&!#.

Guess all they saw was the money.

I'm not sure about Vegas, but I bet a lot of Seattle fans will feel guilty about their good fortune.

Reward without struggle or sacrifice is empty, shallow and sad.

Seattle with their franchises over the decades know what it takes to build a champion!

7 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Can't blame Marky... its the D.  Edler was not as bad as some suggest... but his game was definitely a drop from the previous two.  Doesn't mean we don't sign him.

What was there to like?

Bo got another... a good thing.

Jake was skating and hitting... a good thing.

Pettersson played a better game... almost had a goal... a good thing.

I liked Boeser's game... he had some jump in the 3rd period.

Rest of the team... not so much.

Rousell battled hard as per usual. Beiga was a beast for us again. Motte threw some hits and played physical. Leivo created some chances. 

Aside from the first this really wasn't a bad effort overall. It's about as good as we get playing within the confines of TG's system and with horrid special teams.

Archived