The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 IIHF World Championships

goalie13

WOOOOOOOO!  We beat the juggernaut  Switzerland!

Seriously didn't really deserve the win.  Swiss were getting way more dangerous chances all day. Canada guilty of playing down to (what they thought) their opponents. 

Gotta suck for Switzerland. Less than a second to advance.  Hieidi's crying somewhere.

2 hours ago, goalie13 said:

I'm loving the clean ice.  The only ad is the logo at centre ice and there's no trapezoid.

Ah yes.  I remember as a kid watching my Dad watch on our B&W TV.   I miss that clean white look all around the boards as well.  No distractions from the drama on the ice. Too bad they couldn't get all the ad revenue from TV ads, and pay per view. No going back now. We even have the virtual ads above the goals as if we didn't have enough commercial distractions.

bobby-orr-winning-goal-1970-stanley-cup.

8 minutes ago, gurn said:

Seems the rest of the world is , or has caught up. Maybe time for another review of hockey in Canada.

Best vs. best, Canada will win 9/10 times against any team.

This is probably Canada’s C/D squad, with a few exceptions. 

Well, my prediction for Canada being in tough not only played out - they really should not have won this game as were NOT the better team through the first three periods.   I don't think they played with enough desperation and Hanafin played most of the game as if the puck was a hand grenade with the pin pulled.   

Swedes are in tough tonight.   Buzz already building.   Will see if round robin "no hit" Nylander shows up or not in what will be an intense game.   

38 minutes ago, shiznak said:

True.

And I think the hockey world in general missed a memorable opportunity in that McDavid and Crosby were not able to play together on one team in the last olympics where the NHL players didn't participate.  Could have been remnants of Lemieux and Gretzky back in 1987.

12 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Well, my prediction for Canada being in tough not only played out - they really should not have won this game as were NOT the better team through the first three periods.   I don't think they played with enough desperation and Hanafin played most of the game as if the puck was a hand grenade with the pin pulled.   

Swedes are in tough tonight.   Buzz already building.   Will see if round robin "no hit" Nylander shows up or not in what will be an intense game.   

Hanifin is American.  

30 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Ah yes.  I remember as a kid watching my Dad watch on our B&W TV.   I miss that clean white look all around the boards as well.  No distractions from the drama on the ice. Too bad they couldn't get all the ad revenue from TV ads, and pay per view. No going back now. We even have the virtual ads above the goals as if we didn't have enough commercial distractions.

bobby-orr-winning-goal-1970-stanley-cup.

Interesting time machine photoshopping job.   How did you get Quinn Hughes with a different face/uniform after he scores cup winning goal for Canucks in June 2022 against the Leafs in Toronto?    Futurists also know that the day is proclaimed by Ontario-based government officials as an official day of mourning.    Crystal ball says I end up educating all my non-German speaking friends about the wonderful word "schadenfreude"; I like this future.

11 minutes ago, mll said:

Hanifin is American.  

Other game feed against Russia.   Apologies,  too many adult beverages during and between games....I watch live and then on a screen for feed.    Did same thing with Dubois making him Canadian Tuesday.    Ovie is playing for the Swiss...right?

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

Well not only that, but give credit to Switzerland. They've really improved in International hockey play over the last 10 years or so. They basically train all year for tournaments like these / Olympics.

PETEY GOAL!!

Didn't see it...at work, updating on the score ticker.  If someone gets a GIF, I'd appreciate it!

(So sick today...almost stayed home.  Was watching the Canada game then realized I had some stuff I had to do today so came in.  Bleh.  Not fair)

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Other game feed against Russia.   Apologies,  too many adult beverages during and between games....I watch live and then on a screen for feed.    Did same thing with Dubois making him Canadian Tuesday.    Ovie is playing for the Swiss...right?

Correct, and Stone is American. /sar

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Dubois is Canadian.

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Seems the rest of the world is , or has caught up. Maybe time for another review of hockey in Canada.

LOL. You do realize this is Canada's equivalent of a C level roster in comparison to an A team which would include all the best players in each position. Bunch of kids including some who have barely played any NHL games. 

Archived