The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

As a 'Nucks-Backer, What Burns Your Bacon?

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

10 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Every other Canadian hockey city for rooting against Vancouver in the finals (WPG exempt).  People simply did not want Vancouver to win.  They treated us as though we were somehow not Canadian.  And yet they back any other Cdn team?  Screw them all for that betrayal.  I'm not rooting for any of their teams for "Canada"'s sake.

Absolutely! This really burned my bacon as well. I'm originally from the east coast and it shook me knowing just how much family and friends hated the Canucks. It really felt personal at times.

That SCF series exposed a certain ugly reality and hard truth that was simmering underneath the surface. The allegiance of rooting for a Canadian team does not go both ways from coast to coast. 

The Canadian media were also complicit in stoking flames and feeding the anti-Vancouver sentiment. 

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

Canadian teams (fans) being treated like the goose that lays the golden eggs.  

The tax situation in Canada has and will make it an unlevel playing field by as much as 20%+ to players and subsequently the teams. The cap situation should be adjusted accordingly in my opinion.   

Oh and the Leafs obviously.  I work with a Leaf fan.  I don't wish that on anyone.  

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...

What burns me is the Leastern Press.

They said we were losers at the draft because we gave away a high first round pick for Miller.

Now we are losers in free agency because we signed Myers.

And they just ignore how much this team has improved still picking us to miss the playoffs all the while saying TO is  suddenly a cup contender because they got a defenceman ignoring what they lost.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, spur1 said:

They said we were losers at the draft because we gave away a high first round pick for Miller.

And they just ignore how much this team has improved still picking us to miss the playoffs all the while saying TO is  suddenly a cup contender because they got a defenceman ignoring what they lost.

They are:

F5848BE1-E504-4A6E-BC61-4EBE5285F723.png

11 minutes ago, spur1 said:

welcome to a world where EVERYTHING IS LEAFS TALK ! :frantic:

Criticism of J.B. without a contextual and factual approach.

I disagree with J.B.'s approach for rebuild. I think he overpaid for J.T. Miller. However, he is not a bad G.M. but average to above average. This is not about having a negative/positive attitude towards J.B. or the organization. This is about being thorough and objective in assessing 1 of the 31 teams in the NHL. 

Objectively, J.B.'s approach to rebuild may work even though I think it is less likely so than the long term patient approach.

J.T. Miller may have career years playing on the top line making the conditional 1st round pick easier to accept. Maybe Tampa drafts a player that turns out to be a bust and in hindsight the conditional 1st round pick was a reasonable price. Even though I dislike this trade I have to admit that it takes TIME to assess a trade, sometimes years after the trade was executed.

Tyler Myers may surprise me the way Jay Bouwmeester did during this year's playoffs. Who knows? 

• Upvote 1