The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Matthew Tkachuk Captain of Flames?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/predicting-matthew-tkachuk-will-next-calgary-flames-captain/

Barf. 

That is my first response.. admittedly, in part, because we could have had him (although as a rule I don't spend much time wallowing in regret, and had we drafted him our subsequent drafts would have looked different, yada yada yada).. but mostly because I think he's immature and temperamental, and makes bad decisions.. and I kinda wanna punch him in his crap-lousy face.. 

but.. 

in my more candid moments, I must admit he is growing as a player and a guy can't argue with his effort & desire to win.. and yes, he would be useful on any team. 

and I can't think of any better current flamer (after Giordano is gone) to captain that squad.. 

sigh.. 

Nothing better than naming a gutless piece of garbage with serious character issues as captain.  Hopefully for our sake, it's true.  If you want to get absolutely zero respect from the league, have a complete disgrace to the sport as the face of the franchise.

It would be fitting for them to name that puke Captain. I understand the 'C' is mostly ceremonial and for the fans and having it isn't necessary for someone to be a leader, but thats exactly why it's so telling who a team chooses to represent them and what kind of qualities they want their captain to embody.

There's a reason the Canucks went with Henrik instead of Kesler, though Kesler arguably had more 'desire to win'.

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

It would be fitting for them to name that puke Captain. I understand the 'C' is mostly ceremonial and for the fans and having it isn't necessary for someone to be a leader, but thats exactly why it's so telling who a team chooses to represent them and what kind of qualities they want their captain to embody.

There's a reason the Canucks went with Henrik instead of Kesler, though Kesler arguably had more 'desire to win'.

It's actually fitting for Tkachuk.  The "C" though actually doesn't stand for Captain but another word that rhymes with Bunt.:P

So many softies nowadays lol can’t believe people hate Tkachuk because he gives no f***s and plays the game with 100% effort while making it hard on the opposition. Imagine hating a player for that.

Reminds me of Marchand early on but people have come to enjoy him now. Except Marchand early in his career was 100x worse than Tkachuk. Like I said Tkachuk just plays hard and makes it hard for the other team. Marchand was just pure dirty and used to be one of cheapest players out there.

Just now, Generational.EP40 said:

So many softies nowadays lol can’t believe people hate Tkachuk because he gives no f***s and plays the game with 100% effort while making it hard on the opposition. Imagine hating a player for that.

Reminds me of Marchand early on but people have come to enjoy him now. Except Marchand early in his career was 100x worse than Tkachuk. Like I said Tkachuk just plays hard and makes it hard for the other team. Marchand was just pure dirty and used to be one of cheapest players out there.

You can play hard without being a dirtbag. You can even have dirtbags on your team, I don't care. But when you want to name one as your captain, it says a lot about your organization. 

You probably wanted Kesler as the Captain right, instead of that softy Hank.

8 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

You can play hard without being a dirtbag. You can even have dirtbags on your team, I don't care. But when you want to name one as your captain, it says a lot about your organization. 

You probably wanted Kesler as the Captain right, instead of that softy Hank.

Sure, whatever floats your boat. & I didn’t mind either or. There’s different elements to ice and water. 

...have fun being Charmin Ultra Soft come playoff time 

edit: please explain how he’s a dirtbag

31 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Sure, whatever floats your boat. & I didn’t mind either or. There’s different elements to ice and water. 

...have fun being Charmin Ultra Soft come playoff time 

Again you're equating softness with being a dirtbag. Trevor Linden was made of pudding I guess. Move aside, Gretzky, Lemieux, etc, The goats are Sean Avery and Matt Cooke.

edit: please explain how he’s a dirtbag

I've watched him play. He goes over the line at every available opportunity. 

The kid isn't even 21 and already has had multiple hearings and suspensions. 

8 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Again you're equating softness with being a dirtbag. Trevor Linden was made of pudding I guess. Move aside, Gretzky, Lemieux, etc, The goats are Sean Avery and Matt Cooke.

I've watched him play. He goes over the line at every available opportunity. 

The kid isn't even 21 and already has had multiple hearings and suspensions. 

Imagine comparing Marchand and Tkachuk to Avery and Cooke...shows your hockey IQ !

Scott Stevens and Eric Lindros must’ve been plugs too I guess. All the tough guys that play the game hard are to you. Especially that dirt bag Ovie amirite? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Imagine comparing Marchand and Tkachuk to Avery and Cooke...shows your hockey IQ !

Scott Stevens and Eric Lindros must’ve been plugs too I guess. All the tough guys that play the game hard are to you. Especially that dirt bag Ovie amirite? :lol:

Aw yes, I forgot about all the times those guys were suspended for unsportsmanlike conduct and dirty hits.

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

Aw yes, I forgot about all the times those guys were suspended for unsportsmanlike conduct and dirty hits.

Hate to burst your bubble but sometimes you need players that can grow a pair and mix things up

tumblr_ls1pj6PwLN1r21bjmo1_500.gif

Otherwise that’s all your left with as much as it hurts me to see that.

And again. Marchand was 100x worse when he entered the league then Tkachuk is. Tkachuk isn’t a cheap hit artist or a dirtbag regardless of what you tell yourself.

Archived