The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Seattle's Mayor accidentally leaks future team's name?

Rate this topic

On 4/12/2019 at 9:14 PM, Where's Wellwood said:

They shouldn't be the Golden Knights with VGK as their abbr.

They should be the Las Vegas Knights with LVK as their abbr.

The 'Golden' is unnecessary

I suspect that it will fade over time. The Oakland/California Seals were "Golden" at one point.

regards,  G.

On 4/13/2019 at 8:47 AM, higgyfan said:

Not sure what a Kraken is.  Bottle of rum?  Scandinavian sea monster?  Bitcoin trading website?

Is there something I'm missing?

I was hoping for the Seattle Reign.

The Scandahoovian sea monster is the Jormungandr.

regards,  G.

1 hour ago, Gollumpus said:

I suspect that it will fade over time. The Oakland/California Seals were "Golden" at one point.

regards,  G.

I highly doubt it.. if the team keeps playing "Golden" the name will not be dropped anytime soon. 

Also the name is "Golden" because the state of Nevada is the number 1 producer of Gold. 

Edited by drummer4now

10 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

The Scandahoovian sea monster is the Jormungandr.

regards,  G.

Kraken

Kraken
The kraken (/ˈkrɑːkən/) is a legendary cephalopod-like sea monster in Scandinavian folklore of giant size. According to the Norse sagas, the kraken dwells off the coasts of Norway and Greenland and terrorizes nearby sailors. Authors over the years have postulated that the legend may have originated from sightings of giant squids that may grow to 13–15 meters (40–50 feet) in length. The sheer size and fearsome appearance attributed to the kraken have made it a common ocean-dwelling monster in various fictional works. The kraken has been the focus of many superstitious sailors passing the North Atlantic and especially sailors from the Nordic countries due to their close proximity and its Scandinavian origin. Throughout the centuries the kraken has been a staple part of sailors' superstitions and mythos being heavily linked to sailors ability of telling a tall tale.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraken

10 hours ago, drummer4now said:

I highly doubt it.. if the team keeps playing "Golden" the name will not be dropped anytime soon. 

Also the name is "Golden" because the state of Nevada is the number 1 producer of Gold. 

All very good reasons. And if the fans stop using it, chances are it will fade in official use. Let's re-visit this in another five years or so (give or take).

regards,  G.

54 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Kraken

Kraken
The kraken (/ˈkrɑːkən/) is a legendary cephalopod-like sea monster in Scandinavian folklore of giant size. According to the Norse sagas, the kraken dwells off the coasts of Norway and Greenland and terrorizes nearby sailors. Authors over the years have postulated that the legend may have originated from sightings of giant squids that may grow to 13–15 meters (40–50 feet) in length. The sheer size and fearsome appearance attributed to the kraken have made it a common ocean-dwelling monster in various fictional works. The kraken has been the focus of many superstitious sailors passing the North Atlantic and especially sailors from the Nordic countries due to their close proximity and its Scandinavian origin. Throughout the centuries the kraken has been a staple part of sailors' superstitions and mythos being heavily linked to sailors ability of telling a tall tale.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraken

This is a minnow compared to the Jormungandr. Jormungandr could wrap around the entire world and be able to bite its own tail.

regards,  G.

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2019 at 10:42 PM, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

No one is casting shade on homeless people and drug users.

This is a hockey forum and we are making fun of another team's name...like we do to all teams...e.g. The Calgary Phlegms/Lames, The Edmonton Coilers, The Toronto Make Me Laughs or Maple Loafs etc...

Maple oafs?

• Upvote 1

On 4/17/2019 at 12:19 PM, Squamfan said:

Seattle Emralds Image result for seattle emeralds

That's kind of cool....

I like Seattle Sasquatch

I hate the Kraken.......too many bad butt jokes and drug jokes come from that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/13/2019 at 3:37 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Well let's see we have:

- Insane traffic.

- Money Laundering.

- Drugs.

- Unaffordable housing.

At least Seattle has some industry like Boeing, something we don't have. 

Every city has its problems. GVRD is a victim of bad planning, and worse leadership. 

So... The millionaires?

Edited by HKSR
  • Haha 1