The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eriksson's 'friction'

Rate this topic

Dr. J.

21 hours ago, Bure2Win said:

Time to get him out of there, he's being paid huge money to be a goal score not just "do the little things right".......Sigh

I have a feeling that a trade could Vanek Eriksson back into form.

Edited by Me_

20 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Send him to Utica.  He still gets his money, but we save 1 million on the cap and he has to ride buses, share hotel rooms, and eat at third rate diners.  No more NHL life.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't his salary cap still 6 M?  If we bury him in the minors it's still 5 M, is it not?? His actual money paid this season maybe only 3 mill but that's different from the team cap.

Just now, Viper007 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't his salary cap still 6 M?  If we bury him in the minors it's still 5 M, is it not?? His actual money paid this season maybe only 3 mill but that's different from the team cap.

Exactly.  We pay him six, but only count five on the cap.  However, Lazy Lump Loui rides buses, eats crappy meals, and shares rooms with three other guys in second rate motels.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Viper007 said:

Yeah, it would be pretty foolish to treat him like crap to save $1M in salary cap. While he is certainly overpaid, it's not as if we could hire someone to replace what he does for $1M.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not about to read this whole thread so forgive me if the question has been answered already. How much room is made on the salary cap if eriksson is bought out? What's the actual dollar amount of the buyout? At this point the buy out might be better than buying someone else's problems.   

On 5/18/2019 at 6:11 PM, Alflives said:

Exactly.  We pay him six, but only count five on the cap.  However, Lazy Lump Loui rides buses, eats crappy meals, and shares rooms with three other guys in second rate motels.  

Plus, as one poster delicately put it, he will get to eat “bus farts” between cities. After the pimp NHL lifestyle you’d think he’d retire before the years out...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, aqua59 said:

I'm not about to read this whole thread so forgive me if the question has been answered already. How much room is made on the salary cap if eriksson is bought out? What's the actual dollar amount of the buyout? At this point the buy out might be better than buying someone else's problems.   

Each team was allowed two compliance buyouts last CBA and had two years to use them...we bought out Booth and Ballard with outs (both over 4 million in useless cap space)...

Its almost a certainty that next CBA every team will get at least one maybe two again.   Not sure if players with NMC  can be bought out though ... something to consider with Lucic (if we get him).

• Upvote 1

So if he plays top minutes on one of the top lines on one of the 10 best teams in the league, he might become a 30 goal scorer again . There’s about 300+ other players in the league who could make that same claim. And they make a hell of a lot less. God I hope the Canucks don’t trade for another bad contract to get rid of him.

On 5/17/2019 at 5:24 PM, erkayloomeh said:

Last year when he scored two goals against Boston it was noticable to me he had a higher compete level in that game. Since then I've pàid more attention to specifically watching him and I just think he could put in a better effort 

If a player loses a step or there hands because of age then I guess it's tough to criticize. But if it's an effort thing then they deserve it. 

Lou gets alot of money for what he does.  Should be 100% every night. And it isn't . 

Yeah the last game the sedins played, he played like a man possessed  but usually now he plays like a little girl and now he's acting like one. 

Edited by iceman64

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 2:46 AM, iceman64 said:

Yeah the last game the sedins played, he played like a man possessed  but usually now he plays like a little girl and now he's acting like one. 

Laughter. How do you really feel?