The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eriksson's 'friction'

Rate this topic

Dr. J.

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Serious question, are you 12?    Did someone in a Canuck sweater steal your "boyfriend/girlfriend"?    Dude, trolling this board is one thing but you have to up your game a bit if you are an adult.   

maxresdefault.jpg

Someone can’t handle the truth about JV I see. 

9 hours ago, Tomatoes11 said:

He was a bonafide number 3. Yes he dropped because of cbj reaching outside the board but he was ranked way ahead of the rest.

yes oilers might have ruined him but his potential was closer to laine and Matthews than juolevi and Dubois. 

Dont believe me, go read the scouting reports and comments on him including the ones made by your lover Benning. Lol I believe he said the top 3 can play right away and the rest were a few years off.

Anyways, all you have to do is watch them play. Pool party can receive a hard pass in stride easily while jV simply can’t. 

With this part I totally agree.  Jake's hands are more like Jannik Hansen's than Henrik Sedins, that's for sure.  However, Jake still has the physical tools that are too attractive (right now) to trade away.  He's a unique player.  Remember Jake is CLEARLY faster than McDavid, and is a huge body that hits like a truck.  Jake is so big, fast, and strong that he injures guys with his body checks.  Those are attributes that CANNOT be learned.  

Benning did not have any input in the 2014 first round (maybe even later rounds too?).  No way the Bruins would allow their AGM and head of scouting to be part of another team's draft.  I'm sure this was a gentlemen agreement.  

10 hours ago, xereau said:

The Dream:  July 2, after he has collected his last bonus, he retires.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't at least considering that option. With 9 mil left on his deal after that, I do think he could earn that or at least close to that with another team. He'd fit well on many teams at 2 mil per, particularly if teams knew well ahead of time that he'd be available and the Canucks let his agent talk to other teams. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

With this part I totally agree.  Jake's hands are more like Jannik Hansen's than Henrik Sedins, that's for sure.  However, Jake still has the physical tools that are too attractive (right now) to trade away.  He's a unique player.  Remember Jake is CLEARLY faster than McDavid, and is a huge body that hits like a truck.  Jake is so big, fast, and strong that he injures guys with his body checks.  Those are attributes that CANNOT be learned.  

Benning did not have any input in the 2014 first round (maybe even later rounds too?).  No way the Bruins would allow their AGM and head of scouting to be part of another team's draft.  I'm sure this was a gentlemen agreement.  

Jake can get better in this area, it would be silly to give up on him now. People seem to expect an accelerated development curve now and forget that most players don't develop fully until their mid-20s. I think thats why we're seeing a lot of young d being rushed into service when they really aren't great without the puck - I think you've highlighted Chabot on that point a few times e.g. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Jake can get better in this area, it would be silly to give up on him now. People seem to expect an accelerated development curve now and forget that most players don't develop fully until their mid-20s. I think thats why we're seeing a lot of young d being rushed into service when they really aren't great without the puck - I think you've highlighted Chabot on that point a few times e.g. 

I know we are all down on Loui, but he really does do the little things (defensively all over the ice) very well.  Younger developing players, like Jake, can watch and learn the defensive game from guys like Loui.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I know we are all down on Loui, but he really does do the little things (defensively all over the ice) very well.  Younger developing players, like Jake, can watch and learn the defensive game from guys like Loui.  

thats why another team would sign him if he was released from his current deal on July 2nd. He can do what you're saying and chip in 10 goals/30 pts. With Bo (or a guy like Bo) I'd say an outside shot at 15  goals. Thats worth 2 to 2.5 mil, even to us :P

One thing about Jake is he's not a deep thinker so i don't think he's a good fit at all on a line with Loui. Stick him on the top 6 LW and skate to the damn net. He can be a beast to try to stop. 

I still find it curious that LE commented like he did - seems out of character - and that he was invited to and motivated for WC. 

I say either retirement or he or he really does want to move on...

Interesting thoughts in this thread.   I was surprised LE was so candid but it got me thinking that perhaps he was told in his season exit interview (yes, those still happen) that the team was likely moving forward and that he would more than likely find himself waived, bought out or traded between now and puck drop in October 2019 and he was preparing himself for fallout by telling himself (and letting his inside voice out) that he isn't all to blame in his own eyes.    It makes some sense to me given he had nothing but support from the coach publicly and ended the year on a much better tone than the previous two.

• Upvote 1

Buyout saves only about a half a mil on cap for the next two years.  No reason to do it.  Numbers get better with every year but not sure it makes sense this year.

Benning has seemed willing to move on from his mistakes and even was able to trade Guddy for a usable player.  Maybe he can pull something off for someone else's bad contract.  His actual salary isn't too bad now.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, J-P said:

I still find it curious that LE commented like he did - seems out of character - and that he was invited to and motivated for WC. 

I say either retirement or he or he really does want to move on...

A bit bad translation and a journalist who knows about the situation in Vancouver, fanhate... The journalist can ask the right questions to get clickbait. The headline speaks clickbait and many readers don't get any further in the article. 

WC, he is smart and Sweden like smart players. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Buyout saves only about a half a mil on cap for the next two years.  No reason to do it.  Numbers get better with every year but not sure it makes sense this year.

Benning has seemed willing to move on from his mistakes and even was able to trade Guddy for a usable player.  Maybe he can pull something off for someone else's bad contract.  His actual salary isn't too bad now.

Facts won't stop some posters from continuing to say it will happen lol.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:32 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

????? I was commenting on your calling someone "Benning's lover".    Wow, is that your best "game"?    Why not call the poster out for having cooties while you are at it?   :lol:

Your insights on JV/Benning and pretty much everything else Canuck related is so predictable that isn't the point here - it is the way you are doing it that is currently disappointing.   You once trolled here with some humour and a dash of sarcasm.   Now it as if you sold your handle to a petulant child.     

Hey. I can’t help it if that’s the most fitting term for you guys. You have an irrational love for Benning and will defend every piss poor move he makes. Sorry you find it childish, but it’s dead on accurate unfortunately. Lol

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2019 at 9:22 AM, Tomatoes11 said:

Hey. I can’t help it if that’s the most fitting term for you guys. You have an irrational love for Benning and will defend every piss poor move he makes. Sorry you find it childish, but it’s dead on accurate unfortunately. Lol

LOL.   Thanks for at least confirming your age.    Cheers.    :)

7 minutes ago, Schmautzie said:

Eriksson has actually shown some chemistry with Pettersson at the World Championships in Slovakia.

Can anyone remember if Green gave those two any significant icetime together last   season?

I believe early in the season Goldobin - Pettersson - Eriksson was a combo and they were all productive. 

I'm starting to welcome the argument that the situation isn't right here for Eriksson, still don't like that he went to the media however. 

22 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I believe early in the season Goldobin - Pettersson - Eriksson was a combo and they were all productive. 

I'm starting to welcome the argument that the situation isn't right here for Eriksson, still don't like that he went to the media however. 

What is this about "he went to the media". 

The journalist, after reading this forum, knows exactly who's most interesting to interview. 

Do you think Loui can stay away from media? 

I think Jim Benning has said much worse to journos and people defend him and say he has the right to do so. Why should Loui shut up if so? 

Edited by Timråfan