The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eriksson's 'friction'

Rate this topic

Dr. J.

22 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You can't present logic to a Benning hater you should know that by now. :gocan:

If Benning and his fans were in any way shape or form logical, no one would say a thing about him. Unfortunately, they aren’t.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

23 hours ago, Alflives said:

So essentially it would be Sutter + 40th OA for 8 OA?  I like it!  Is That extra year if Milan’s Contract worth the disparity for the Oilers to do this?  Would we need to add more to Sutter + 40?  What if we took Russel too, or did Chiarelli give him a NMC too?

Why bother with pick swaps?

Just do a trade of problem/misfit/underachiever/albatross assets .....

To Edmonton:

Eriksson

Goldobin

Sutter

Schaller

To Vancouver:

Lucic

Puljujarvi

Kassian

Russell

14 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd say the benchmark is the McCann, a 2nd and a 4th for Gudbranson and a 5th.

I have worse trades by him.

Kassian and a pick for Prust comes to mind. Just the fact that we had to add a pick is the cherry on top.

Forsling for Clendenning is another.

Basically anything that made us older and slower, which is like 99% of his trades unfortunately.

• Wat 6

15 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lucic has a NMC for the duration of his contract, modified NTC with the NMC the final 2 years.

Loui’s NMC is over, Full NTC this season modified NTC the final 2.

He’s Seattle bait perhaps but I’m sure they won’t bother unless they just want his cap hit to help reach the floor, plus the small possibility if he’s playing ok that they could flip him at the TDL for a small asset (more or less have him for the season and use him as a rental, again only if he’s at least as useful as he is now).   I really don’t see us offloading him unless it’s to trade another bad contract.  No thanks to Lucic, that guy is a horrible anchor, can’t even bury him in the minors like NYR did years ago with Redden given his NMC.  Plus we’d have to protect him (which some have pointed out).

As of right now we stand to lose a decent roster player, OR a promising prospect like Lind.    Maybe Benning can  add something (pick or prospect) to convince Seattle to take LE, time will tell.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Tomatoes11 said:

If Benning and his fans were in any way shape or form logical, no one would say a thing about him. Unfortunately, they aren’t.

Tomatoes....step away from the mirror....what you are seeing is not logical. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you're too invested in the position that Jim's never made a good trade, thats the part thats not logical. 

He made a grand total of two trades that made sense at the time. I don’t look at the results because it’s true that trades don’t always work out.

All of his trades made absolutely no sense though. He is trading like a status quo team or a buyer, never a seller like he should have from the start.

His only two good trades were Hansen for Goldie and Burrows for Dahlen. Yes, neither has worked out yet but based on principal they were the right moves. Trading expiring vets and unneeded pieces for picks or prospects. Every single trade he makes should follow this. But unfortunately, like what I said, all of his other trades we got older which so wrong it’s not funny. 

• Wat 3
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Tomatoes11 said:

He made a grand total of two trades that made sense at the time. I don’t look at the results because it’s true that trades don’t always work out.

All of his trades made absolutely no sense though. He is trading like a status quo team or a buyer, never a seller like he should have from the start.

His only two good trades were Hansen for Goldie and Burrows for Dahlen. Yes, neither has worked out yet but based on principal they were the right moves. Trading expiring vets and unneeded pieces for picks or prospects. Every single trade he makes should follow this. But unfortunately, like what I said, all of his other trades we got older which so wrong it’s not funny. 

'seller from the start' - that's the problem with your arguement, Jim never had that mandate 

• Cheers 1

So if TG was the problem, then WD was also the problem? The statement made on the news by JB towards the end of the season makes it clear he's going to deal with the EK situation, not sure how they are going to deal with it, but I don't expect him back.

12 minutes ago, HughMungus said:

Eriksons a hot mess theres no denying it but its not Bennings fault this signing looked like money at the time. Atleast 40 points....oh well

If we cant move him this offseason its next offseason and then Utica for LE

@HughMungus

What do you think about a straight up Loui for Lucic (providing Lucic waives his NMC, so he can be made eligible of the Seattle draft.) 

54 minutes ago, Alflives said:

@HughMungus

What do you think about a straight up Loui for Lucic (providing Lucic waives his NMC, so he can be made eligible of the Seattle draft.) 

Id do it 1 for 1. Good for JV, Leivo, Pearson to play with.

Our fanbase is consumed with Lucic.

Theres no doubt it would be a fun show.

Imagine Milan the whipping boy.....

10 hours ago, oldnews said:

not very good grounds on which to claim you're the 'logical' one.

And your claim, regardless of 'logic' - is absurd imo.

Lemme guess....the Granlund deal 'made no sense at the time'?

Flipping NIlsson or Del Zotto for late picks "made no sense"?

Renting Vanek for Motte "made no sense"?

Taking Leivo from Dubas "made no sense"?

Bieksa and Garrison for 2nd round picks "made no sense"?

Renting Holm for Leipsic 'made no sense'?

Lack for a couple draft picks (3rd and 7th) 'made no sense'?

Kesler for Bonino, 1st, Sbisa "made no sense'?

Get real.

You're 'making no sense'.

The granlund trade did make no sense. We didnt need an older grinder.  Shinkaruk should have been traded for the highest pick we could get. Granlund has been useless to us.

And yeah after getting a 2nd for garisson he proceeds to flip that 17 year old prospect for a 22 year old hack lindey vey. 5 years of potential trial growth on a prospect down the drain Benning style lol.

And yes most of his trades make no sense but sounds like you are willing to make up some crappy criteria to defend him.

Like I said. Almost every single trade he made we got older which is absolutely ludicrous for a rebuilding team.

Edited by Tomatoes11
  • Haha 4