The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] If the Canucks had one major aquisition. Who would you want it to be?

Who would you want as the Canucks major aquisition?  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK so from what I have read about the rumours so far. The Canucks are tied to a whole lot of players but realistically, if something were to happen through trade, the Canucks probably only have enough assets worth gving up for one major player or the cap space to land one major free agent. So the players that have been tied to the Canucks according to rumours is Lucic, Malkin, Benn, and Panarin. So if the Canucks can only get one considering the assets we might have to give for each one, who would you want? 

Panarin.  You don't have do give up assets, only cap space.  My biggest worry is just how much cap space we would have to give up and how that would impact our ability to re-sign Boeser and Pettersson and Hughes and maybe others down the road.

Generally, I would prefer to stay the course rather than look for a quick fix through UFA.

I know signing a big ticket player would be expensive and a little scary with the future cap etc. But the Canucks have to do something big in order to keep up with the rest of the west. Other teams are making improvements, and the Canucks will fall further behind if they don't do something big. Signing middle 6 checkers isn't going to get them to the playoffs and beyond. The problem with signing those guys is that Benning now has to try and trade them, and their value is very low.

What bugs me is: We had Dahlen. And instead of getting him up and some NHL experience, he traded for Spooner and sent Dahlen packing for an unknown player in Europe. SJ is laughing. They'll probably win the Cup this year (unless Bettman prefers Marchand get another ring), and then we might see Dahlen in  Sharks uniform next season. But hey, we got Spooner lol   

9 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Panarin.  You don't have do give up assets, only cap space.  My biggest worry is just how much cap space we would have to give up and how that would impact our ability to re-sign Boeser and Pettersson and Hughes and maybe others down the road.

Generally, I would prefer to stay the course rather than look for a quick fix through UFA.

I'm hearing people say Boeser with 56 points is going to get 7 million and Panarin has 87 points. I'm thinking 8.5-9 million.

None of the above.

Panarin's a pipe dream, he's not coming here.

Far rather we target 1-2 of the likes of Lee, Nelson, Hayes, Connolly, Dzingel etc.

Target Ceci and Ristolainen in trade and keep on trucking.

14 minutes ago, HughMungus said:

Brandon Tanev 

Fills out the middle 6 without breaking the bank.

The top 6 needs more help than the middle.  At this point, whatever improves Bo and /or Pete's line will inevitably help the middle 6, as the best players not named Bo, Pete or Brock will have to fight to play on the 2nd and 3rd.

I don't think it has to be Panarin (but that would be awesome), as there are several other youngish fws that would fit nicely.

22 minutes ago, smokes said:

I have never read anything with him linked to the Canucks as a rumour. Also, if you want him, it would probably take Pettersson.

If the Canucks had one major aquisition. Who would you want it to be?  

MacKinnon.

I would give them anything outside Pettersson to get him.  

Archived