The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boeser's Contract & Worth

CanadianRugby

My guess:

5 years - $30,000,000

Q - Could or would they consider giving Boeser a NMC, so not to have to protect him in the Expansion Draft? 

By then the Canucks will be strong contenders. Boeser will be 28, and he will get paid ($9-$10). 

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

My guess:

5 years - $30,000,000

Q - Could or would they consider giving Boeser a NMC, so not to have to protect him in the Expansion Draft? 

By then the Canucks will be strong contenders. Boeser will be 28, and he will get paid ($9-$10). 

this makes no sense?

he is not eligible for a nmc

and if he was granted one he would have to be protected in an expansion draft

what are you trying to say ?

you seem confused about this issue

6-7 million, 6 x 5 or 7 x 7ish.   More than 7 is too much and an overpayment.  I hope we lock him in and pay a bit more and buy a couple UFA years.  I’m not at all a fan of inflated second contracts and hope Benning can be a responsible manager and keep it down.   

40 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

this makes no sense?

he is not eligible for a nmc

and if he was granted one he would have to be protected in an expansion draft

what are you trying to say ?

you seem confused about this issue

Not to mention why the heck wouldn’t we protect him anyways? 

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

He's scored in the 20s for two consecutive years yes, but neither of those seasons were full seasons. In his first season, he scored at a 39-goal pace and this last year he scored at a 31-goal pace. He is a bonafide 30-goal scorer.

I think he should get paid full value for a twenty something goal scorer. A few million (4 M maybe plus a bonus) for 2 years and then re-up after that with a long term 7-8 million dollar payday. That is if all things go smoothly. 

10 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think he should get paid full value for a twenty something goal scorer. A few million (4 M maybe plus a bonus) for 2 years and then re-up after that with a long term 7-8 million dollar payday. That is if all things go smoothly. 

Crazy today’s second contracts considering what EK is coming off and even more so Tavares last contract.  I could see WNP going the bridge deal route with Laine given him falling down to earth this year.   Boeser at 5.5-6 x 5 seems fair ....  rather we buy two of his UFA years just to keep the window a little wider.    Seven seems too high.  

Edit:  I like where you going with this though a

6 hours ago, The Lock said:

It's a double-edged sword really. On one hand, it could save us money compared to if we have to provide more money in 2 years because of a bridge contract; thus a higher cap hit than 7mil at that point.

On the other hand, he could taper off too and not even reach a point per game. We don't really know. I'd like to think he becomes a 30-40 goal scorer, but only he can show us if that materializes or not.

It’s not wise but this is the reality. Copy and pasted from another thread.

“He is getting at least 6.5 for sure, I am thinking 7 or 8 knowing Benning.

You can thank the Nylander contract and the leafs first round exit for that. No way we are going to let Boeser hold out an entire season. Dim Jim probably thinks we are a shoe in for the playoffs next year even though we are definitely not, he won’t risk Boeser holding out. He is going to pay him. 

Keep in mind we are paying Beagle like almost 4 million. Boeser is worth a lot more than 1 or 1.5 million more than fricking Schaller and Beagle.”

Thats why if NYR, Or NJ would take him for kakko or Hughes, we should gamble.

23 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

It’s not wise but this is the reality. Copy and pasted from another thread.

“He is getting at least 6.5 for sure, I am thinking 7 or 8 knowing Benning.

You can thank the Nylander contract and the leafs first round exit for that. No way we are going to let Boeser hold out an entire season. Dim Jim probably thinks we are a shoe in for the playoffs next year even though we are definitely not, he won’t risk Boeser holding out. He is going to pay him. 

Keep in mind we are paying Beagle like almost 4 million. Boeser is worth a lot more than 1 or 1.5 million more than fricking Schaller and Beagle.”

Thats why if NYR, Or NJ would take him for kakko or Hughes, we should gamble.

Since when? 

Its 3 million for Beagle for 3 year contract.

Schaller 1.9 for 2 years.... 

Where do you get the figures you sling around, or do you just make it up as you go along? 

Increase per year depending on length of term - keeping in mind that as cap goes up along with his experience/production, the contract becomes a better value for us.

5 years at 6 million, 6 years at 6.5 million, 7 years at 7 million per - all including a full ntc.  If he accepts 7 years I think that he leaves a bit on the table in the later years, but gives him long term security and pays him well initially, when cap is less of an issue for us.

I think 7x7 is perfect - though I do feel for some reason it will be a 5 year contract.

7 hours ago, spook007 said:

Since when? 

Where do you get the figures you sling around, or do you just make it up as you go along? 

You know that he makes it up as he goes along, so better not to quote him and give him the attention he wants.

7 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

You know that he makes it up as he goes along, so better not to quote him and give him the attention he wants.

That’s gotta be an HF poster invading our forum.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone here refer to Jim Benning as, “Dim Jim”.  I have, however, read that a lot over there.

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd be game for a 7x7 contract. He's just going to demand more as the team gets better, the cap goes up, and we continue to add high end players to compliment the ones we already have.

Exactly!  Teams like Boston and ?Winnipeg signed their young future star core players early to reasonable cap hits and for longer terms.  Now those teams are reaping the rewards of having top core guys not eating up too much of their cap.  From the player’s POV they are still making crazy amounts of money, and it’s guaranteed.  

7 x 8 is what I’d sign ?Brock for.  

9 hours ago, spook007 said:

Since when? 

3 million isn’t that far off 4 million.....notice the almost.

Regardless of how much you dislike my comments, the point still stands and is bang on accurate. If dim Jim can massively overpay for 4th liners, Boeser’s agent is going to rake him for at least 7 or 8. Dim Jim is going to get slaughtered like a cow in a slaughter house.

Like it our not. I know weneedlume definitely doesn’t like the truth lol

Archived