The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Slava Voynov eligible to return halfway through 2019-20 season

Rate this topic

15 hours ago, Pears said:

He beat his wife for no reason. That’s one of the most unforgiveable things you could do. 

Not a believer in second chances eh? Domestic Abuse is not a new thing in professional sports or hockey. Fame and money makes people do stupid things, being russian probably doesnt help. His wife forgave him, why cant we.

12 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Not a believer in second chances eh? Domestic Abuse is not a new thing in professional sports or hockey. Fame and money makes people do stupid things, being russian probably doesnt help. His wife forgave him, why cant we.

Well in my case, I can't forgive him because:

My biological father, and a few years later, one of my mom's boyfriends beat her to the point of breaking 3 ribs, her nose, and blackened both eyes.

A few hours after the boyfriend's assault, I woke up to see my mom crawling across the floor screaming 'No more". Not a good sight for an 8 year old to see. never have and never will forget.

So, no forgiveness from me.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, gurn said:

My biological father, and a few years later, one of my mom's boyfriends beat her to the point of breaking 3 ribs, her nose, and blackened both eyes.

A few hours after the boyfriend's assault, I woke up to see my mom crawling across the floor screaming 'No more". Not a good sight for an 8 year old to see. never have and never will forget.

Fair enough, I wouldn't be too forgiving after something like that either. 

On 5/24/2019 at 8:52 AM, gurn said:

I hear you bro. My father broke my mom’s facc several times before I was 10 years old. In my room crying, wondering how you could hit someone you supposedly loved.

Men that hit women are cowards. Period.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

The Leafs would probably sign him, they'll take anyone. 

Wouldn't put it past them given their desperation for D and lack of cap space.  He sure ain't going to get a huge payday due to most teams likely to be unwilling to touch him.

Personally I'm against given any wife-beater a second chance.  Some things just aren't forgivable.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Wouldn't put it past them given their desperation for D and lack of cap space.  He sure ain't going to get a huge payday due to most teams likely to be unwilling to touch him.

Personally I'm against given any wife-beater a second chance.  Some things just aren't forgivable.

100% agreed I hope the Canucks don't even kick tires on that piece of trash. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

100% agreed I hope the Canucks don't even kick tires on that piece of trash. 

Doubt it due to Benning's insistence that character is so important.  He'd get lynched in this market as a hypocrite, and rightfully so.

• Cheers 1