The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canadians can now mail their narcotics to Vancouver to find out whether or not they will kill them

CBH1926

Good on the guy for providing the service. Unfortunately, I doubt it’s much help to the people most at risk. Most addicts aren’t gonna wait for postage and testing time before getting their next fix. They’re not gonna leave their stash sitting untouched until they get the all clear that it’s safe. And by the time the testing is done, the dealers have likely cut a new batch, so the info isn’t much help for the next time they score.

8 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Good on the guy for providing the service. Unfortunately, I doubt it’s much help to the people most at risk. Most addicts aren’t gonna wait for postage and testing time before getting their next fix. They’re not gonna leave their stash sitting untouched until they get the all clear that it’s safe. And by the time the testing is done, the dealers have likely cut a new batch, so the info isn’t much help for the next time they score.

This

17 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Legalise it.

Definitely this too

In a country with socialized health care it makes sense for the gov to take responsibility for for the quality of narcotics that citizens choose to seek out. Safe injection / consumption sites with on site councillors, nurses etc reduce harm and support people who genuinely want out of the life.

I have a cousin who's been in a revolving door of addiction, detox,  rehab, incarceration, clean and sober, relapse... Rinse and repeat.

I'm happy he's been clean for a few years now and has been back at family gatherings and stuff. He's a good guy from a good family and I'd hate to lose him.

Not all junkies are asshole criminals, in fact most aren't. They've made some bad decisions, for sure, but if they want help, even if they don't want help, they don't deserve to die because of their demons.

Take responsibility. Legalize it.

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Take responsibility. Legalize it.

If drugs were legalized.... maybe mental health support could be given..... or even strength levels could be slowly decreased if addicts wanted to get clean....

Addicts could even be counselled into supportive housing....  or counselling  if they wanted to participate.

Basically hard drugs are a mental health issue....  not a crime.

Cocaine in Colombia costs about 5% of what it costs here. (E.g. $5 vs $100). If Canada legalized it, and allowed it to flow freely into the country, then imagine how cheap it would be here.

I used to disagree with legalizing drugs, but now it is clear to me that it is the only solution. All drugs should be available at pharmacies without doctor prescriptions.

10 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Cocaine in Colombia costs about 5% of what it costs here. (E.g. $5 vs $100). If Canada legalized it, and allowed it to flow freely into the country, then imagine how cheap it would be here.

I used to disagree with legalizing drugs, but now it is clear to me that it is the only solution. All drugs should be available at pharmacies without doctor prescriptions.

I’m good with selling the crap in government candy stores.  In fact I think you younger folk should be encouraging your contemporaries to use.  Then they die young, and there will be more money available for you in your retirement years.  Look how few people are smoking now!  It’s terrible.  Too many will be living well into their retirement years, and we can’t afford that!  

Are they mailing the drugs to some guy named JOEY that lives near Main and Hastings....... ?

If yes, i think it may be a scam.... and those Drugs will disappear.........

Just sayin......

Man, that Joey is one sneaky dude putting that Craigs list ad together about Free Drug Testing....

19 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Dude, that's not how legalization works at all. Not even close.

6 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Jail for life?

For pedophiles and murderers, yes we should.

But we're talking about drug users. I can't think of a more assbackwards way to deal with a health issue. 

In case you haven't noticed - the war on drugs isn't a war the cops can win. 

35 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Dude, that's not how legalization works at all. Not even close.

Of course it is. Cocaine is overlooked in Colombia and it is easy to bribe officials. If cocaine were legal in Canada (I'm not saying it could be done with just the snap of fingers or even that the UN or whatever would allow it under international treaty) they would simply load up a massive ship with thousands of shipping containers of Cocaine, sail it into international waters out of Colombia and then re-enter into Canadian waters and unload it and sell it.

1 minute ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Of course it is. Cocaine is overlooked in Colombia and it is easy to bribe officials. If cocaine were legal in Canada (I'm not saying it could be done with just the snap of fingers or even that the UN or whatever would allow it under international treaty) they would simply load up a massive ship with thousands of shipping containers of Cocaine, sail it into international waters out of Colombia and then re-enter into Canadian waters and unload it and sell it.

Sell it to the government, yes. You think those &^@#ers would give a price break? Please. 

You haven't been paying attention to our legalization of Cannabis apparently.

They're actually trying to sell $&!#ty weed for higher prices than you'd pay on the black market, but somehow black market prices are being driven down.. Hmmmm. Looks like they didn't understand the market they were getting into, considering it's a domestic product it's kind of funny they can't even sort out logistics.

Coke and heroin are not domestic and therefore easier to control the supply of.  But they'd never sell $5 grams of coke if they can't even get there with weed.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I’m good with selling the crap in government candy stores.  In fact I think you younger folk should be encouraging your contemporaries to use.  Then they die young, and there will be more money available for you in your retirement years.  Look how few people are smoking now!  It’s terrible.  Too many will be living well into their retirement years, and we can’t afford that!  

3 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Alrighttt... who wants to go to Colombia?

Archived