The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

June 10 2019 Benning Media Availability

Rate this topic

JamesB

Just now, Timråfan said:

People underestimate what sources journalists have. Fan forum is perfect to find angles/insights you can't find anywhere else. 

'journalists' that need to 'source' their ideas from fan forums aren't worth the words they publish - and regardless that has nothing to do with the issue, which is the fact that Eriksson's own comments started the drama - it's all on him and his journalist 'source' -  none of this is the fault of Benning or Green, period.  The rest is pointless noise imo.

9 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Travis should have kept him from trying to hit player deliberately, during his rookie season. 

Why is that so strange? 

A young, not so muschled rookie waste his energy on backchecking when he is a monster going forward. 

strange the only strange thing is you and your posts ,  again  its called hockey  hitting  and backchecking   is part of the game  what part don't you understand  , give your head a shake ,   a coach yelling don't back check your gonna get tired ,, nooo don't hit him  lol  good grief   dude just stop posting  nonsense 

4 minutes ago, the grinder said:

strange the only strange thing is you and your posts ,  again  its called hockey  hitting  and backchecking   is part of the game  what part don't you understand  , give your head a shake ,   a coach yelling don't back check your gonna get tired ,, nooo don't hit him  lol  good grief   dude just stop posting  nonsense 

How many players on the team did what Petey did regarding backchecking or try to take back a lost puck? 

37 minutes ago, oldnews said:

'journalists' that need to 'source' their ideas from fan forums aren't worth the words they publish - and regardless that has nothing to do with the issue, which is the fact that Eriksson's own comments started the drama - it's all on him and his journalist 'source' -  none of this is the fault of Benning or Green, period.  The rest is pointless noise imo.

Benning should focus and put the negative spin on the journalist. While defending both Loui and Green. 

Is that so hard for a GM? 

13 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Benning should focus and put the negative spin on the journalist. While defending both Loui and Green. 

Is that so hard for a GM? 

Whatever.   You could just stop making a victim of Eriksson.

Did he make the comments?  If so, why would Benning 'blame' the journalist?

If Loui isn't happy - just move on / move him.  The drama around it isn't important.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

If Loui isn't happy - just move on / move him.  The drama around it isn't important.

ON.  How do we move Loui without hurting ourselves though?  I know the Milan is worse than Loui, and has a way worse contract, but Loui is a bad contract too.  I don't want, for the sake of dumping Loui, giving up important assets.  Can we dump Loui without bad stuff coming back or losing assets?

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I think Loui knew exactly what he was doing when he made those comments. He knows it would make headlines here and get the ball rolling on a fresh start. 

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Really? Sourcing forums for ideas is common. I have read many posts here that ended up being content on various shows, some posters more than others.

A forum sometimes feeds trends of fan attitudes sort of like a big polls only with open thoughts to comment on.

Just look at the show 65o just did, trade Virtanen, Julievi and the Canucks #1 for Ghost. That has to come from a controversial forum topic as there is no way that player is worth three 1rst round picks, it is so wrong in so many ways the least of which is  the odds that one of the three traded shine or worse all three become regular players that the Canucks could have used down the road. But it got attention even if negative which usually give more ideas for shows than agreeing to everything  the team does.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, the grinder said:

everyone its called the game of hockey  you should watch it sometime  and learn

I think its called being "one dimensional" and players such as this rarely succeed in the NHL. Maybe during the regular season and maybe on the PP but when it comes to 5 on 5 or in the playoffs your dead in the water. Unfortunately the Sedins were like this and they were nullified once their team toughness disappeared and they lost that support. Put them on the PP and they were magical, put them in the Playoffs or tight checking 5 on5, not so effective.

The league has gotten so competitive though now and if you have any kind of weakness on any of the 4 lines you definitely will be exposed. I like Petey's all round game and it will take him to far more success then just getting a lot points in the regular season.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

ON.  How do we move Loui without hurting ourselves though?  I know the Milan is worse than Loui, and has a way worse contract, but Loui is a bad contract too.  I don't want, for the sake of dumping Loui, giving up important assets.  Can we dump Loui without bad stuff coming back or losing assets?

The team can easy absorb a under performing player for another 2 or 3 years especially if Puljujarvi is coming along with Lucic. Besides isn't there going to be a lock out next year?

Of course a buyout is a possibility without losing any assets, but throw in a 3rd round pick to get Puljujarvi? Sure why not? Very few of the teams draft picks even see the AHL team.

5 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Really? Sourcing forums for ideas is common. I have read many posts here that ended up being content on various shows, some posters more than others.

A forum sometimes feeds trends of fan attitudes sort of like a big polls only with open thoughts to comment on.

Just look at the show 65o just did, trade Virtanen, Julievi and the Canucks #1 for Ghost. That has to come from a controversial forum topic as there is no way that player is worth three 1rst round picks, it is so wrong in so many ways the least of which is  the odds that one of the three traded shine or worse all three become regular players that the Canucks could have used down the road. But it got attention even if negative which usually give more ideas for shows than agreeing to everything  the team does.

this isn't about 'ideas'  - it's about Eriksson making comments about being unhappy with how he's been utilized. 

The journalist that quoted Eriksson didn't need to read CDC to get 'ideas' about Eriksson.

The entire sidetrack is irrelevent.

Can 'journalists' source their ideas - in other words plagiarize the work of posters offering their opinions, ideas, thoughts freely on a forum?  Yes, of course they can - but those 'journalists' are weak minded people that probably don't belong in the business if they can't generate their own perspective - and regardless, it's irrelevent to the discussion here, which stems directly from comments straight from the horse's (Eriksson's) mouth.  No amount of finessing the importance of fan opiniion is going to change the fact that this is about Eriksson's direct relationship with his coaching and management staff and has nothing to do with fan 'hate" or opinions.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

this isn't about 'ideas'  - it's about Eriksson making comments about being unhappy with how he's been utilized. 

The journalist that quoted Eriksson didn't need to read CDC to get 'ideas' about Eriksson.

The entire sidetrack is irrelevent.

Can 'journalists' source their ideas - in other words plagiarize the work of posters offering their opinions, ideas, thoughts freely on a forum?  Yes, of course they can - but those 'journalists' are weak minded people that probably don't belong in the business if they can't generate their own perspective - and regardless, it's irrelevent to the discussion here, which stems directly from comments straight from the horse's (Eriksson's) mouth.  No amount of finessing the importance of fan opiniion is going to change the fact that this is about Eriksson's direct relationship with his coaching and management staff and has nothing to do with fan 'hate" or opinions.

Okay, sorry i didn't read the several pages of posts so i took the comment out of context.

Funny though, how many posters tried to find a different meaning to the statement, one that makes the Canucks look good.;)

18 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think its called being "one dimensional" and players such as this rarely succeed in the NHL. Maybe during the regular season and maybe on the PP but when it comes to 5 on 5 or in the playoffs your dead in the water. Unfortunately the Sedins were like this and they were nullified once their team toughness disappeared and they lost that support. Put them on the PP and they were magical, put them in the Playoffs or tight checking 5 on5, not so effective.

The league has gotten so competitive though now and if you have any kind of weakness on any of the 4 lines you definitely will be exposed. I like Petey's all round game and it will take him to far more success then just getting a lot points in the regular season.

yes I get that and I totally like peteys 2 way game  as you have more success playing in both ends of rink , good forecheck  create turnovers and pressuing the puck .I was more referring to timara fan  who said travis green was a bad coach for making petey  back check and hitting people and then said  who else backs checks and goes for loose pucks on the team  to which I replied everyone  ( except for loui as another  poster fixed it for me )   and I suggested he watch some hockey because of his many ridiculous post   

50 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Talk about misunderstanding... Benning as GM is ment to put out any fire. Not make a fire burn more intense... 

• Wat 1

44 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

HAHAHAHA

Sedins were one dimensional players. Thanks for the laugh!

1 minute ago, RonMexico said:

HAHAHAHA

Sedins were one dimensional players. Thanks for the laugh!

Yeah because their shootout abilities, slapshots, bodychecking, forechecking, PKing, footspeed etc abilities were second to none. Not to mention their relentless puck pursuit(oops I mean hooking and tripping abilities) and aggressive play. What was I thinking. :lol:

• Wat 2