The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

17 hours ago, shiznak said:

Maybe you have a different definition of sheltered minutes than mine, but I consider shelter minutes as minutes that doesn’t change the outcome of the game or when the game’s outcome is already determined.

Well I consider a powerplay to be when the opposition ices the puck, with their 3rd pairing on the ice, and, for example, Alain Vigneault sends out the Sedins for an ozone start against tired, lower quality opponents.

"Sheltered" actually means something in hockey.  It refers to a coach avoiding exposing, usually young players, to situations that are not advantageous to their success - in other words, they seek to avoid hard matchups, they give them high ozone starts, and they typically play them with veteran support.

Ie.  you take an inexperienced Cody Hodgson - not a paticularly good or developed defensive center - you give him high ozone starts, you put Higgins and Hansen on his wings, and you have the Sedin, Kesler and Malhotra lines to eat the hard minutes.    AV thereby "shelters" Cody Hodgson, with as 'easy'/opportune minutes as he can provide.

It has literally nothing to do with playing a player when the outcome is already determined. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

So what are the stats regarding pk in Vancouver?

Who is better or worse than Loui?

Basically anyone not named petey, hughes or brock are better or as good on the PK that bring +++ to the team aside from being decent on the pk.

Beagle, Horvat, Miller, Pearson, Ferlund, Motte, Sutter. Add in Leivo, Virtanen and even baer.

Eriksson has played himself off this team and likely the NHL

Edited by GhostsOf1994
Spelling
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

Have you seen some of the comments about him? No one knows what his motivation is or what the organization thinks of him or wants for him at this point. Presenting as fact he is lazy, or disinterested, or garbage and a cancer as both as a player and as a person (for his pretty tame comments), is really just trying to justify hating the guy. 

No one except the Canucks and Eriksson really know their opinion or Erikssons motivation etc.

Hate is a strong word.  It gets used way to commonly and often now it is used as a mic drop to get ones way or divert the discussion and put the opponent on the defensive.  It's for those who have truly/specifically wished ill will towards him or his family.  That isn't me. 

Edited by Borvat
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

My only point though is that anyone who sees zero value in any player is not realisticor objective about that player. You guys can feel free to disagree with that opinion though.

I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but people have felt free. 

Eriksson’s contract hasn’t really provided a whole lot of positive value in the time he’s been here. To try to spin it to see solely positive value, while commendable, is merely an exercise is tiptoeing past his clear deficiencies. 

His penalty killing was decent but the team on a whole was quite solid in that department. 

In the end though, this breaks down to Eriksson not being a player worthy of his contract. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Hate is a strong word.  It gets used way to commonly and often now it is used as a mic drop to get ones way or divert the discussion and put the opponent on the defensive.  It's for those who have truly/specifically wished ill will towards him or his family.  That isn't me. 

Exactly. Hate, by definition, is not what’s going on here. Mass disappointment, sure. 

Hate is reserved for the likes of Brad Marchand. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Borvat said:

Hate is a strong word.  It gets used way to commonly and often now it is used as a mic drop to get ones way or divert the discussion and put the opponent on the defensive.  I with it's use for those who have truly/specifically wished ill will towards him or his family.  That isn't me. 

I am not trying to put anyone on the defensive. Everyone has the right to their opinion. I just disagree with opinions that attempt to lump all these different things as one to attempt to justify those opinions. 

The reality is Eriksson is in the NHL and we are not. So I think any opinion that suggests he has no value, brings nothing to a team, etc is pretty much a joke. Thats just my opinion though.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but people have felt free. 

Eriksson’s contract hasn’t really provided a whole lot of positive value in the time he’s been here. To try to spin it to see solely positive value, while commendable, is merely an exercise is tiptoeing past his clear deficiencies. 

His penalty killing was decent but the team on a whole was quite solid in that department. 

In the end though, this breaks down to Eriksson not being a player worthy of his contract. 

Strawman in spades. I have not argued this partucular point at all and have consistently attempted to separate his contract from his value as a player in expressing my opinion.

I have agreed that he has not lived up to his contract many times.

4 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

I am not trying to put anyone on the defensive. Everyone has the right to their opinion. I just disagree with opinions that attempt to lump all these different things as one to attempt to justify those opinions. 

The reality is Eriksson is in the NHL and we are not. So I think any opinion that suggests he has no value, brings nothing to a team, etc is pretty much a joke. Thats just my opinion though.

That doesn't equate to hate speech.  I agree he does bring something - his hockey bag and sticks to a new team ASAP.

:towel:

Edited by Borvat
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Borvat said:

That doesn't equate to hate speech.  I agree he does bring something - his hockey bag and sticks to a new team ASAP.

:towel:

Lets hope for everyone's sake that he gets moved.

And then lets all hope beyond hope that he doesnt find his game elsewhere because that would make a lot of people here look bad.

I am not saying it will happen. But it could. I mean, sometimes players just dont fit with a team or a coach. Maybe thats the case, maybe its not. Maybe he has declined to the point he is done in the NHL. Or maybe he just needs a better fit. 

Either way, it will be interesting to find out going forward.

18 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Basically anyone not named petey, hughes or brock are better or as good on the PK that bring +++ to the team aside from being decent on the pk.

Beagle, Horvat, Miller, Pearson, Ferlund, Motte, Sutter. Add in Leivo, Virtanen and even baer.

Eriksson has played himself off this team and likely the NHL

I asked for stats. Not your personal opinion.

39 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Exactly, so what do you want to say to Benning?

Green use the cards delt...

Green did that last season with Eriksson.  He (Eriksson) does not fit or help this organization.

Leave him out of Canucks Main Camp and tell him to report to Utica.

The rest will fall into place.

Who needs to see a problem (Eriksson) if you can hide it.

21 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Look them up yourself, maybe spend your time more wisely..

maybe learn something while your at it.

Goldobrin had almost the same stats as Eriksson last year with less opportunity than Eriksson.

Difference was Eriksson got paid $775,000.oo usd per goal..

Goldobrin got paid a total of 775,000 for all of his goals

Edited by SilentSam

23 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I'll take the eye test over some made-up analytics weenie's numbers.  Bottom line is LE has done nothing to indicate he can produce on the top six or has the compete level to be of any use on the bottom six.  He's absolutely useless as an NHLer and his piss-poor attitude only cements that fact.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, longsuffering said:

Is there any team with enough cap space to take him?

I think Columbus was hoping to sign someone big and find themselves almost booked with players with no one else available to choose from.

A chance that they might offer Marner something, but that may have happened already and he declined.

15m in capspace Left.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/bluejackets

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think Columbus was hoping to sign someone big and find themselves almost booked with players with no one else available to choose from.

A chance that they might offer Marner something, but that may have happened already and he declined.

15m in capspace Left.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/bluejackets

With Werenski to re-sign still, and PLD, Anderson, and Korpisalo to be re-signed after this season they’re probably better standing pat.

Ottawa is the team the question is simply how much do they want?

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

Strawman in spades. I have not argued this partucular point at all and have consistently attempted to separate his contract from his value as a player in expressing my opinion.

I have agreed that he has not lived up to his contract many times.

Spademan in straws. So there!

30 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'll take the eye test over some made-up analytics weenie's numbers.  Bottom line is LE has done nothing to indicate he can produce on the top six or has the compete level to be of any use on the bottom six.  He's absolutely useless as an NHLer and his piss-poor attitude only cements that fact.

So how come he is producing top 6 here if all of  his team mates are better than him?