The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

13 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Huh? How did our team get a lot weaker?

By letting hutton and granlund walk?  Come on....

Weaker physically, not in terms of quality. In fact our top 6 is grittier because of Miller and I like both Myers and Benn however... 

Last year we only had a handful of players that stood up for their teammates when dirty plays were happening. Guddy, Schenn, Hutton and Roussell... am I forgetting someone? All four of those guys are gone. 

Thats why bringing Lucic in with a sweetener makes a lot of sense for both teams. 

Flame away! 

4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yes, their pugilistic skills will be sorely missed.

I’m just going to go ahead and ignore your posts since you seem to be a big fan of the straw man arguments. 

You are replying to someone who misunderstood my post and then named two players that weren’t even being talked about. 

Now that you’ve mentioned Hutton, he’s actually our player last year that had to step in on two occasions and fight to defend a teammate. 

Reality is, you're punching at shadows.  Our team is bigger and tougher now than it was last year, meanwhile other teams like Calgary and Edmonton are getting softer.

You're sticking to a narrative that is fallacious, and terribly myopic.  Step back and look at the reality of the big picture.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Weaker physically, not in terms of quality. In fact our top 6 is grittier because of Miller and I like both Myers and Benn however... 

Last year we only had a handful of players that stood up for their teammates when dirty plays were happening. Guddy, Schenn, Hutton and Roussell... am I forgetting someone? All four of those guys are gone. 

Thats why bringing Lucic in with a sweetener makes a lot of sense for both teams. 

Flame away! 

Guddy got into a couple fights but never really stopped any of the bad plays from happening such as Petey getting body slammed. Hutton is no deterrent at all to anything. Roussell will get back a few months into the season. 

The only one I will agree with you about is Schenn. The players themselves stated how they liked his physical presence.    My own opinion is that Benn and Miller make up for not having Schenn.

I don't see us as being any weaker. Would still let to get Ferland if there is a way to get him.

Lucic.....I would rather we just dump loui on a cap floor team but if we can't, I guess.

Lets all be realistic for a page or two. 

Loui is worth, at best, “future considerations”. At best. 

Benning doesnt want to have to pay to get rid of him. 

Other teams dont want to take his cap hit. 

He threw his coach, gm, and teammates under the bus for his lousy play. He cant be on the comets, let alone the canucks next season. 

Good job tanking your nhl career “Little Loui”.  Most of the world wont get a sniff of the millions you’ve floated into. Take it like a man. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Lets all be realistic for a page or two. 

Loui is worth, at best, “future considerations”. At best. 

Benning doesnt want to have to pay to get rid of him. 

Other teams dont want to take his cap hit. 

He threw his coach, gm, and teammates under the bus for his lousy play. He cant be on the comets, let alone the canucks next season. 

Good job tanking your nhl career “Little Loui”.  Most of the world wont get a sniff of the millions you’ve floated into. Take it like a man. 

Package LE and Goldy for whatever. Sign Dzingel?

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Eriksson going to go to Swedish league watch :ph34r:

Lol

When have the canucks ever got a real “break” that they didnt earn?

Loui will be sucking bus farts in the ahl (preferably echl) and making millions, while people work hard to pay for tickets to watch the canucks

36 minutes ago, rekker said:

Package LE and Goldy for whatever. Sign Dzingel?

Here's hoping something like that materializes. Even Eriksson + Goldy  +/- to OTT for Smith would do wonders. If a guy like Dzingel fits in after that for a reasonable cap hit/term, all the better.

We'd likely have to move Baer along the way here as well though in that case.

• Upvote 1

Is there a recent example of a mutual termination on a contract like Loui's? I know we all want to trade him, but I think literally everyone including him wants a trade. I just don't see who would take him for that cap hit without us giving up too much. I look at what Toronto just gave up to move Marleau.

So is there really a chance Loui says okay let's terminate my contract and I'll walk away? Has other players done this (in this situation of his big cap hit/highest paid player on the team)? Does the NHL allow this or will there be some repercussions for us (or him if that would impact the decision - like can he resign with any team he wants then right away?).

Edited by Bobby James

Sending Loui to Utica really doesn't save much on the Cap, $1,075,000, for that little difference they may end up keeping him as he is a reasonably good penalty killer.

I was hoping he would retire or do one of those "mutual termination" things.

4 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

Is there a recent example of a mutual termination on a contract like Loui's? I know we all want to trade him, but I think literally everyone including him wants a trade. I just don't see who would take him for that cap hit without us giving up too much. I look at what Toronto just gave up to move Marleau.

So is there really a chance Loui says okay let's terminate my contract and I'll walk away? Has other players done this (in this situation of his big cap hit/highest paid player on the team)? Does the NHL allow this or will there be some repercussions for us (or him if that would impact the decision - like can he resign with any team he wants then right away?).

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/sergeev-blues-mutually-agree-to-contract-termination/c-300166960

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/semin-unconditional-waivers-canadiens-1.3357432

3 minutes ago, thundernuts said:

Okay interesting, thanks for sharing that! 

Well I hope now that Loui got paid his bonus he will consider this and maybe find a new opportunity on another team with a new contract or in Sweden. 

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Sending Loui to Utica really doesn't save much on the Cap, $1,075,000, for that little difference they may end up keeping him as he is a reasonably good penalty killer.

I was hoping he would retire or do one of those "mutual termination" things.

For starters, I think the odds he'd even report in Utica would be in our favour.

Two, regardless of whether we waive, trade or Aquilini has an 'associate' fashion him some concrete shoes... I think there's almost zero likelihood he's playing for the Canucks this fall. He's done here.

• Upvote 1